Need advice/ spiritual support

Guest gSingh

Guest _gSingh_

Sorry for writing so much but also...some 'friends' shall I say ask me "Lets session" or "go clubbing" and i'm like nah nah I dont want to go, etc. Some people I feel are also trying to put me of the path (manmukhs?) what is your best advice for me to say to these people? As I am at university, first year, people are always going out, even many singhs, surprisingly. People say enjoy this life while you have it, by doing bad things- eating meat, clubbing, girls, drinking, etc. I'm sure it is all a test from the almighty lord?

They say it probably because they have got freedom from their homes and are in another city. No its not all about girls clubbing and drinking. Ok socialize with friends, like go to town shopping, gym, etc. But if you dont feel like doing the other bits dont be forced into it. Peer group pressure is waste of time, and nobody will be with you when you need their help. Only the decent few will bother.

Its all about balancing your student life and not being extremely isolated either as you need to be able to live in this world too with diversity of people. You will probably enjoy kirtan more than clubbing, coz u wont get the headache after, and not make a fool of yourself like the rest of them.

Save yourself from the nashe n daru, they ruin lives not only of those doing them also of families.

I think your mother would be more proud if you dont do those things, and with time she will realise what her son is doing is right.

I dont know what's wrong with parents nowadays, its not cool to not be Sikh. Being cool or modern does not mean clubs or drinking.

I wish i had used my uni days time more wisely and spent that time on somethin constructive, which would help to pass your exams.

Guest _gSingh_

Yeah simran I get what your saying, theres so many obstacles and distractions on this paath, and it really is difficult and making me unfortunately think "Is it worth it?" is really worth it giving everything up, doesn't feel like i'm gaining at the moment if you know what I mean, if anything people are starting to dislike me lol believe it or not. :/

It is hard, others i have heard from go thru lots and they get thru it.

It will be worth it if you want it to be. About being disliked, its not exactly dislike, its more that they are not familiar with your way of thinking, and that you are changing. They are only used to what they have been used to. The brain finds it hard adjusting to new things, methods, which takes time. For some people takes longer, people do give up and fall down but they also get up again, its just that they dont tell nobody.

I think lots of people go thru this when starting to get on the right path. Your friends have not had the experience you have, thus they find it odd. If you give up now, i think you will come back too, if you are showing interest now, thenhis is w hat mann thinks is right.make a list of the pros and cons, the benefits normally outweigh the cons.

Ask yourself what you want, do you want to follow your path and you know you will have to adjust a bit, or do you want to get drunk and mess up some girls life as well as your self respect and pride?

It is possible to have friends without drinking and other bad habits.

Dont stress yourself over it, with time you will realise stress is waste of time too.

Try explaining to your friends what you want to do, they should understand without putting you down.and try to get different company that will make lot of difference.

There's so many types of Sangat....

Sat sangat means "sach di sangat"..........doesn't have to be literally "people" to talk to....

Do sangat of books....there are so many books posted in the books section on this site......start reading jeewan of any mahapurkh or Guru Sahib........that'll be your sangat.....you'll feel you are going along with them........

........or when you do path or simran....think that you have Guru ji or any mahapurkh sitting with you.........when you'll have this thinking...you'll feel bleseed and amazed.....you'll just feel it.....

Guru bhalla kare

the more u will try to indulge urself with god.. the more obstacles will come in ur way..... do watever u feel is good for u....

have faith in ur own faith.... u need to connect with ur instincts... have faith,,, tremendeous wala.... :D - THE HELL THIS WORLD WOULD BE FOR ME... I WILL STILL BE URS MY LORD ..!! :D Enjoy - All the best :D keep moving ... keep rolling... be happy :D

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||

Bhai Sahib Jee, congratulations for choosing this path. Maharaj Jee Hor Kirpa Karan. Start reading the Jeevanis of other Gursikhs such as Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee, Bhai Bhai Sahib Rama Singh Jee, and other Gurmat related books (eg. Amrit Kee Hain?, etc.). www.GlobalGurmat.com has many great books in both English and Punjabi. You should check it out and if you want a suggestion on which to read first just reply to the topic. Also, attend a Sikhi Camp like Gurmukhs have stated above.

If your are in the U.K., there is:

Khalsa Camp

Sikhi Camp

BOSS Camp

For Canada:

Khalsa Camp BC

Singh's Camp Intenational (BC)

Singh's Camp Toronto

For USA

There is a couple in the Bay Area. I don't know the details, but if anyone does please do let us all know.

Also, if their are other camps not mentioned, please do mention for everyone's benefit.

Also Bhai Sahib, check out manvirsingh.blogspot.com for a blog by Bhai Sahib Bhai Manvir Singh Jee UK and if you start from the first post and work your way to the present day, it is their own story of coming into Sikhi, Sikh Gurmat Veechars, Sakhis, Inspirational Stories. He also has some amazing lectures, Katha, and Gurmat Veechar Discussions with youth and adults on YouTube in English and Punjabi together. So basically he mixes the two up for everyone's benefit. If you live in the UK, you should get in contact with him. Once again congratulations.

P.S. My mom always reminds, even to this day, of this very beautiful quote.

Jug Rusdaa Taa Rus Jaave, Rusay Naa Meraa Kalgiaa(n) Vaale.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji,

I know exactley what you are going through as i went through the same thing myself. It is very sad that we can no longer trust someone who looks like a "gursikh". The amount of hunkaar that floats around in those who think they are high and mighty Sikhs is unbelievable.You will notice that as soon as you come into Sikhi saroop those very same people will be all over you.

Keep trust in Maharaj that's all i can say. Always see that maharaj is with you where ever you go and what ever you do, that is all you need.

If you are in the UK come to the West Brom 40 day simran program. 7-8pm every day. Think there is still a week to go. WAHEGURU !!!!!!!

Guest _gSingh_

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||

Bhai Sahib Jee, congratulations for choosing this path. Maharaj Jee Hor Kirpa Karan. Start reading the Jeevanis of other Gursikhs such as Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee, Bhai Bhai Sahib Rama Singh Jee, and other Gurmat related books (eg. Amrit Kee Hain?, etc.). www.GlobalGurmat.com has many great books in both English and Punjabi. You should check it out and if you want a suggestion on which to read first just reply to the topic. Also, attend a Sikhi Camp like Gurmukhs have stated above.

If your are in the U.K., there is:

Khalsa Camp

Sikhi Camp

BOSS Camp

For Canada:

Khalsa Camp BC

Singh's Camp Intenational (BC)

Singh's Camp Toronto

For USA

There is a couple in the Bay Area. I don't know the details, but if anyone does please do let us all know.

Also, if their are other camps not mentioned, please do mention for everyone's benefit.

Also Bhai Sahib, check out manvirsingh.blogspot.com for a blog by Bhai Sahib Bhai Manvir Singh Jee UK and if you start from the first post and work your way to the present day, it is their own story of coming into Sikhi, Sikh Gurmat Veechars, Sakhis, Inspirational Stories. He also has some amazing lectures, Katha, and Gurmat Veechar Discussions with youth and adults on YouTube in English and Punjabi together. So basically he mixes the two up for everyone's benefit. If you live in the UK, you should get in contact with him. Once again congratulations.

P.S. My mom always reminds, even to this day, of this very beautiful quote.

Jug Rusdaa Taa Rus Jaave, Rusay Naa Meraa Kalgiaa(n) Vaale.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thank you so much paaji for that inspiring post, I have read books on Guru Jis, and I am looking for a few more, will definitely check that site out.

Also attending a camp will be beneficial for me, thanks for that, I am from UK, West Midlands :)

Guest _gSingh_

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji,

I know exactley what you are going through as i went through the same thing myself. It is very sad that we can no longer trust someone who looks like a "gursikh". The amount of hunkaar that floats around in those who think they are high and mighty Sikhs is unbelievable.You will notice that as soon as you come into Sikhi saroop those very same people will be all over you.

Keep trust in Maharaj that's all i can say. Always see that maharaj is with you where ever you go and what ever you do, that is all you need.

If you are in the UK come to the West Brom 40 day simran program. 7-8pm every day. Think there is still a week to go. WAHEGURU !!!!!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hanji paaj, your absolutely right man ,I guess the ahunkaar that they have is noticeable. Such a shame, the only thing you can do I guess is to let it be a lesson to yourself and learn from their mistakes.

Yeah got to keep the faith in maharaj like you said, just wondering, have you been on a similar path to me? Like have you grown your hair, or been through similar to what i'm going through? Would be interested to know so that I can follow similar steps brother.

And yeah actually live near Har Rai Gurdwara believe it or not! I will come Friday and Saturday for the Simran I think.

Thanks so much for the post bro

Waheguru