Think before sending daughters abroad alone

tuhintuhin

You can't let children run rough-shod as well. They must learn discipline and respect.

There are ways to treat n make ur child understand how to be in discipline.....

Well let it be many people talk easy till the time they themselves dont suffer with d same situation...

Will talk about this later once u become a father.... things r not dat easy for parent dear :D children r part of them.. :D

Only LUV can make a person humble nothing else... :D

There are ways to treat n make ur child understand how to be in discipline.....

Well let it be many people talk easy till the time they themselves dont suffer with d same situation...

Will talk about this later once u become a father.... things r not dat easy for parent dear :D children r part of them.. :D

Only LUV can make a person humble nothing else... :D

In make-believe, fairy-land but not in the real world.

You don't establish any boundaries and controls and you'll be lamenting the day the little so-and-so's were born. This kind of greeting card mentality is where many of our lot go wrong, especially our bibiya. No offence, sis. :giggle: THere's a time for love and hugs, but if that's all a parent has to offer then he or she is in trouble.

You don't establish any boundaries and controls and you'll be lamenting the day the little so-and-so's were born. This kind of greeting card mentality is where many of our lot go wrong, especially our bibiya. No offence, sis. :giggle: THere's a time for love and hugs, but if that's all a parent has to offer then he or she is in trouble.

If a person is bound to do something he/she will force him/herself to break the boundaries... !! Human nature :D

I agree both is necessary but putting boundaries with luv is much powerful then being harsh n order them to follow...

i was about to do something wrong.... when my parent's luv stopped me.. rather then their harshness... one thing i was having in my mind to not to do something which can destroy my parent from within.... n dat thing helps me to walk on right track :)

Its all about the luv .. when u care for someone u will never ditch ... n wen ur heart restricts u to do something wrong.. no one in this world can make u to walk on wrong track.... its all coming from within..

rather being harsh,, ..fill the heart of ur child with so much luv that his/her soul thrills to do wrong :D

Best example... When u commit something wrong u do ardas believing that he will forgive u.. coz u know he luvz u.. our gurus dont stand on top of our head n instruct us to do things.. but still u n me r gursikhs coz we realize his worth.. n his luv.. we r walking on right track n believing n luving our gurus inspite we neva met dem still can sacrifice our life for them :D this is luv bacheee...from within not being forced to :D

If a person is bound to do something he/she will force him/herself to break the boundaries... !! Human nature :D

I agree both is necessary but putting boundaries with luv is much powerful then being harsh n order them to follow...

i was about to do something wrong.... when my parent's luv stopped me.. rather then their harshness... one thing i was having in my mind to not to do something which can destroy my parent from within.... n dat thing helps me to walk on right track :)

Its all about the luv .. when u care for someone u will never ditch ... n wen ur heart restricts u to do something wrong.. no one in this world can make u to walk on wrong track.... its all coming from within..

rather being harsh,, ..fill the heart of ur child with so much luv that his/her soul thrills to do wrong :D

Best example... When u commit something wrong u do ardas believing that he will forgive u.. coz u know he luvz u.. our gurus dont stand on top of our head n instruct us to do things.. but still u n me r gursikhs coz we realize his worth.. n his luv.. we r walking on right track n believing n luving our gurus inspite we neva met dem still can sacrifice our life for them :D this is luv bacheee...from within not being forced to :D

True. But such methods only work if the child has a conscience and has a semblance of what is right and wrong --- and no, a child doesn't necessarily learn right and wrong from his / her parents. It's a lot more instinctive than that. If the child is rotten to start with (and yes, I do believe some children are born bad, even if the parents are not to blame) then no amount of love will win through. I've seen it many, many times. So, I guess the parenting approach depends on the type of child you have.

This is wildly off-topic so apologies.

True. But such methods only work if the child has a conscience and has a semblance of what is right and wrong --- and no, a child doesn't necessarily learn right and wrong from his / her parents. It's a lot more instinctive than that. If the child is rotten to start with (and yes, I do believe some children are born bad, even if the parents are not to blame) then no amount of love will win through. I've seen it many, many times. So, I guess the parenting approach depends on the type of child you have.

This is wildly off-topic so apologies.

OK Dad :D understood :cool:

True with above.

Love can also make a person' personality well spoilt one... Sikhs are both saint and soldiers and with soldier's concept there is strong discipline and no place for love or except for its master waheguru jee.

how did this turn into a child raising topic? our girls from India are being exploited by our own people! this is a serious issue. This isn't some case of some spoiled Sikh girl who goes against her community and willingly/knowingly goes out with a Pakistani boy and only finds something wrong in the relationship when she gets abused by him.

Girls being brought from India and taking advantage of her majboori like this dhallee is doing is a serious issue.