To take Amrit

Guest Christian

Guest moorakh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh ||

I suggest you read The Meaning of Sikh Baptism by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee. It is available on iBooks or amazon.com for Kindle as an e-Book. Also, read other books by Bhai Randhir Singh Jee. Most of his books (both in Punjabi and English Translations) can be found on globalgurmat.com (including The Meaning of Sikh Baptism). Listen to English Katha by Gursikhs like Bhai Paramjit Singh Jee BC Wale and Bhai Manvir Singh Jee UK Wale. Just keep doing Ardaas and do as much Sangat as possible. It will be very beneficial for you. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

Forgive me for any mistakes

(Bhul Chuk Muaaf)

I am aware of these rules. I have grown my hair and already do not eat meat/fish/egg. I have started nitnem also but feel stuck in where I am going.

How much knowledge must I have before taking amrit?

Hey, you know its not always about knowing everything... You dont have to be pressured into knowing a lot to be a sikhi, Learning will come anyway, but its great you want to learn :)... Stay true to yourself and Akaal.. Thats all that matters :)

WELCOMEE!! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest KKaur

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh...happy vaisakhi to all the sangat..may Waheguru jis kirpa bless you all with chardikaala...I am a sikh convert from a Christian back ground..I have been following Sikhi since I was 11 after numerous dreams of Guru Nanak Dev Ji placing a kara on my wrist..I got into Sikhi by trying to understand my dreams and I am so lucky to have found this path by Waheguru jis blessing..I wear 3 of the 5 kakars i do not wear a kirpan or the kachera i feel this is something more i will be blessed with wen i take amrit.. I am still learning..I have had struggles as I guess any convert would but I love Vageguroo...that's what keeps me on this path..I have not took Amrit yet as I strongly believe that it's something you do once and it's a blessing from Vaheguroo..it's correct that Vaheguroo will bless you to take it when your ready..for me I am not ready not because I could not commit to the Khalsa path but because I want to learn as much as possible before I do..all I can say is Vaheguroo has blessed you already by showing you the path..continue on this journey and you will be blessed with chardikaala and you will know when to take Amrit..WJKKWJKF