flakes

My 3 year old had a lot of dandruff until he was about 1 and a half years old. It was probably because of the cradle-cap he had.

Anyway, I used to apply and massage with loads of coconut oil every single day and not bother about it showing in his patka or ruining the pillow covers etc. After about two months, his head was entirely clear and I've not seen another flake of dandruff since.

If it's too itchy and is oozing some fluids, I'd recommend to show it to a doctor first.

You could try these products:

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/363/Soak-and-Float-Shampoo-Bar

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6029/Superbalm-for-Scalps

I use some other things by Lush and think they are quite good. But firstly you need to check with your doctor if your dry, itchy, flaky scalp is just dandruff or it could be something else, such as eczema or psoriasis and they may recommend or prescribe some creams, ointments or medicated shampoo for you.

Most of the time dry scalp is caused by a fungus. You need to use Apple Cider Vinegar, coconut oil, tea tree shampoo.

You shouldn't just dump vinegar on your head to treat the fungus, which would be much too harsh. Instead, boil 2 cups of vinegar then let it cool, measure 1/8 cup and mix it with a cup of water,rinse out. use coconut oil, let it set in your hair for an hour or so. then shower and use tea tree shampoo. repeat 2-3 times a week. You will notice a reduction in irritation and hopefully it will be gone after sometime.

• 1 month later...