The Number of Species on Planet Earth

Something i discovered when i was driving and heard this on the radio that research suggests that there are roughly 8.7 million species on this planet (rough estimate so could be rounded up to +3 million or -3 million) But strong evidence suggest a number between 8-9 million.

Source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14616161

The reason i am posting this is because i know in Guru Granth Shaib Ji it states that there are 8.4 million species on this planet and reincarnate through all these. <<< Thats Amazing 500 years before we had the capacity to discover or even understand how many species existed.

Just posted for those that missed this...

The point was the news report agrees with the 84 Lakh on this planet! Other planets would mean a lot more then 84 Lakh since we are talking infinite numbers... Guru Ji came to this planet so it could be that the soul is assigned to a planet and goes through the cycle before being given the human life. Other planets would have a variety of different species and numbers..

The point was the news report agrees with the 84 Lakh on this planet! Other planets would mean a lot more then 84 Lakh since we are talking infinite numbers... Guru Ji came to this planet so it could be that the soul is assigned to a planet and goes through the cycle before being given the human life. Other planets would have a variety of different species and numbers..

That is if there is any life on other planets.

yes ji you may be rite but you know 84 lacks is possible if we see in this planet too,as guru sahib said trees,flowers is living so its a juni,water has also life so that too a juni,animals different type,birds different type,fishes different types even mountains are in juni,every day we see in newspapers new species have been found so i don't think so itll be hard to find 84 lacks counting all wich has been said ....

thanks

This figure of 84,00, 000 is taken from literature in vedas that was documented many hundreds of years ago.

It was also to do with the species at that time in the 4th age time cycle.

So let's not get off track and start aligning it with sikhism being the first or anything.

There are new species being formed and other ones becoming extinct as well, but the figure

does increase slowly overall.