The greatest love story ever written

Guest Guest

If you wish to know of the greatest love story ever written, look no further than Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

You will only find one type of love accounted for in this wondrous Saroop, the account of Unconditional Love.

This Unconditional Love caused the 1st Guru of the Sikhs to journey over 1000KM by foot to spread the ethos of Unconditional Love.

This Unconditional Love caused a great martyr who was put under horrendous torture of sitting on hot plates and have boiling hot sand poured over them to utter “Tera Kiya Mitha Lage” - Your actions seem so sweet to me.

This Unconditional Love allowed a father to sacrifice his mother, his father and his four sons and have this to say - ‘En putran keh sees par vaar diye sut char’ On the heads of these my Putars (referring to the Sikhs) I have struck the enemy at the sacrifice of four sons ‘Char mueh toh kyeah payeah’ Four have been sacrificed, so what of it? ‘Jevat Kay hazzar’ many thousands continue to live!

So when you think of love on Valentines Day do not think of transactional love. That love has certain ‘conditions’ in order for us to be happy. Think of Unconditional Love, the type of love that no matter how much pain, suffering, hardship, struggle or frustration you face it does not change even an atom of love within your very being.

People who laid their lives they knew this was the condition for unconditional love.

Guru Nanak Sahib travelled 40,000+ KM for this love and preached his message of love at all places where rituals(religious places) were done but no love.

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

Jo Tho Praem Khaelan Kaa Chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥

Sir Dhhar Thalee Galee Maeree Aao ||

Then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥

Eith Maarag Pair Dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥੨੦॥

Sir Dheejai Kaan N Keejai ||20||

Give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||