how to do naam simran?

• 5 weeks later...

The best time to do Simran is amritvela (between midnight and 06:00). Start as early as 1:00 am, this is the premium time to start SIMRAN, your rewards will be just incredible, your concentration will be super, your rewards will equal to donating 40 kg of diamonds if you meditate from 1:00 am to 2:00 am, 40 kg of gold for the next hour then silver and copper and so on.

So get up around 12:30 am or as early as you can, take a shower, preferably wash your hair as well, keep them wet this will help you to keep you awake however they will dry out anyway, cover your head, and sit down in a quite corner of your house, your bed room is fine, try to use the same spot for meditation every day.

Now you don't have to sit on floor if your can't for a longer time, it can be just a SUKH ASSAN, comfortable for your body, no feeling of any pains or aches. You can sit on a comfortable, chair or sofa, if you can't sit for a long time like in case of some old people they can do it laying on the bed too, there is no hard and fast rule as to how you should sit. You should have a comfortable posture so that you can concentrate on SIMRAN.

Keep the lights turned off. After you sit down, fold hands your hands and do ardas.

Here's an example,

Tere dar da eh kookar done hath jod ke ardaas jodhri benti karda hai.

THIS DOG OF YOUR COURT IS DOING ARDAS WITH PRESSED HANDS LORD.

Aasi beant paapi haan pakhandi haan kaami krodhi lobhi mohi te ahankari haan.

I AM AN ENDLESS SINNER, A HYPOCRITE, LUSTFUL, ANGRY, GREEDY, ATTACHED AND FULL OF SELFISH PRIDE

Aasi guneh gaar loon <banned word filter activated> haan.

I AM A GREAT OFFENDER AND BETRAYER

Kirpa kar ke sadhe gunah baksh de.

BE KIND AND FORGIVE ALL OF MY MISTAKES

Sadhe herdey which aa.

COME AND RESIDE IN MY HEART

Tan man seetal kar de.

COOL MY MIND AND BODY.

Chit ekager kar deh.

FOCUS MY MIND ON YOU.

Tan man dhan sabh tera hai teri upma tujhi ko arpan.

MIND BODY AND WEALTH ARE ALL YOURS AND I SACRIFICE THEM FOR YOUR GLORY

ek man ek chit kar de.

FOCUS MY MIND AND ATTENTION ON ONE

Apni seva aap lawo ji.

YOU YOURSELF COME AND TAKE THIS SERVICE

Sabh kuch tera kuch nahin mera,

EVERYTHING IS YOURS, NOTHING IS MINE

Hamre kite kichu naa howe ji kare karawe ape aap ji.

NOTHING I DO HAPPENS, WHATEVER YOU DO COMES TO PASS

Jo tudh bhawe sohi bhali kaar,

WHATEVER PLEASES YOU IS A WONDERFUL THING

Jive jiv hukum teve tiv kaar

ONLY YOUR HUKAM HAPPENS

(ACCEPTING ALL YOUR MISDEEDS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

And then start your SIMRAN.

So you should be doing SIMRAN in your mind at the least. The way it works is as follows:

1. Jaap with your tounge-RASNA will make your RASNA pious PAVITTER.

2. Jaap along the breath will make your breath and breathing track pious.

3. SIMRAN in your MIND will make your MIND pious.

4. SIMRAN in HIRDEY will make your HIRDEY pious.

You would like to make your MIND pious, at the least, to have a control over the mind, and if your SIMRAN STARTS IN YOUR MIND then you are very lucky.

Do SIMRAN for 2.5 hrs every morning, if not, then you should do it. Infact longer time is very beneficial, if you do SIMRAN continuously for two hrs you will be counted doing it on the earth, once you go into deep meditation SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND, the third hour onward will be counted in DARGAH, and you will have a lot of unbelievable experiences. You will see a lot of ALOKIK NAZARE. The GURUS will come to bless you and so on.

The best time to do Simran is amritvela (between midnight and 06:00). Start as early as 1:00 am, this is the premium time to start SIMRAN, your rewards will be just incredible, your concentration will be super, your rewards will equal to donating 40 kg of diamonds if you meditate from 1:00 am to 2:00 am, 40 kg of gold for the next hour then silver and copper and so on.

So get up around 12:30 am or as early as you can, take a shower, preferably wash your hair as well, keep them wet this will help you to keep you awake however they will dry out anyway, cover your head, and sit down in a quite corner of your house, your bed room is fine, try to use the same spot for meditation every day.

Now you don't have to sit on floor if your can't for a longer time, it can be just a SUKH ASSAN, comfortable for your body, no feeling of any pains or aches. You can sit on a comfortable, chair or sofa, if you can't sit for a long time like in case of some old people they can do it laying on the bed too, there is no hard and fast rule as to how you should sit. You should have a comfortable posture so that you can concentrate on SIMRAN.

Keep the lights turned off. After you sit down, fold hands your hands and do ardas.

Here's an example,

Tere dar da eh kookar done hath jod ke ardaas jodhri benti karda hai.

THIS DOG OF YOUR COURT IS DOING ARDAS WITH PRESSED HANDS LORD.

Aasi beant paapi haan pakhandi haan kaami krodhi lobhi mohi te ahankari haan.

I AM AN ENDLESS SINNER, A HYPOCRITE, LUSTFUL, ANGRY, GREEDY, ATTACHED AND FULL OF SELFISH PRIDE

Aasi guneh gaar loon <banned word filter activated> haan.

I AM A GREAT OFFENDER AND BETRAYER

Kirpa kar ke sadhe gunah baksh de.

BE KIND AND FORGIVE ALL OF MY MISTAKES

Sadhe herdey which aa.

COME AND RESIDE IN MY HEART

Tan man seetal kar de.

COOL MY MIND AND BODY.

Chit ekager kar deh.

FOCUS MY MIND ON YOU.

Tan man dhan sabh tera hai teri upma tujhi ko arpan.

MIND BODY AND WEALTH ARE ALL YOURS AND I SACRIFICE THEM FOR YOUR GLORY

ek man ek chit kar de.

FOCUS MY MIND AND ATTENTION ON ONE

Apni seva aap lawo ji.

YOU YOURSELF COME AND TAKE THIS SERVICE

Sabh kuch tera kuch nahin mera,

EVERYTHING IS YOURS, NOTHING IS MINE

Hamre kite kichu naa howe ji kare karawe ape aap ji.

NOTHING I DO HAPPENS, WHATEVER YOU DO COMES TO PASS

Jo tudh bhawe sohi bhali kaar,

WHATEVER PLEASES YOU IS A WONDERFUL THING

Jive jiv hukum teve tiv kaar

ONLY YOUR HUKAM HAPPENS

(ACCEPTING ALL YOUR MISDEEDS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

And then start your SIMRAN.

So you should be doing SIMRAN in your mind at the least. The way it works is as follows:

1. Jaap with your tounge-RASNA will make your RASNA pious PAVITTER.

2. Jaap along the breath will make your breath and breathing track pious.

3. SIMRAN in your MIND will make your MIND pious.

4. SIMRAN in HIRDEY will make your HIRDEY pious.

You would like to make your MIND pious, at the least, to have a control over the mind, and if your SIMRAN STARTS IN YOUR MIND then you are very lucky.

Do SIMRAN for 2.5 hrs every morning, if not, then you should do it. Infact longer time is very beneficial, if you do SIMRAN continuously for two hrs you will be counted doing it on the earth, once you go into deep meditation SMADHI IN KARAM KHAND, the third hour onward will be counted in DARGAH, and you will have a lot of unbelievable experiences. You will see a lot of ALOKIK NAZARE. The GURUS will come to bless you and so on.

thanks sis

A very informative and good post by Jaspreetkaur ji.

I'm sorry but I didn't realize that I hadn't contributed to this thread earlier, I'm sure I gave some personal tips elsewhere,- but I can't quite remember where ? if not I shall add a little later when I get the chance.

Waheguru

First, I suggest you start by simple ''WAHEGURU'' nam jap.

Best way to do this is sit with legs crossed, have a cushion or pillow edged on your lower back and back straight.

Then 'hath jorh''- put your hands together

Make sure it is not too bright, and the lights are very dim so that you don't get a light distraction when closing your eyes.

THEN- pay attention to your breath IN and breath OUT.

When you breathe in you should pull your navel area inward with your breath IN and then thrust it outward when breathing OUT..

NOTE- this is opposite to the chest movement we usually do whilst breathing normally.

Try it, and you shall see what I mean.

Bhagat Kabir ji calls it ''reverse breath'' in one shabad !

Now once you get in the swing of this, then start saying 'WAHE" whilst you breathe IN and ''GURU"" whilst you breathe OUT.

There is no particular speed or anything but just try to do it with normal breath rate.

Utter the 'waheguru' mantra with your tongue, it doesn't have to be loud but a little more than a whisper.

Then start to listen to yourself and think of completely nothing, except WAHEGURU.

You can imagine or think of a picture of a Guru to help you, or sometime some people prefer to sit infront of a picture and keep glancing to picture it in their minds.

It doesn't matter if it is a picture of Guru Nanak or other guru because you are NOT worshipping the picture, the picture is just your GUIDE to Akaal Purakh.

Keep doing this until you can do ti in your mind an in silence. I know that it takes some people a long time to get to this, - where you are silently reciting gurmantar in your mind but I can nowadays do it within about 20-30 seconds. However, if you get distracted or your thoughts begin to take over, then you should bring yourself bacj to louder recitation and focusing on your breathing and listening.

To be honest, the best time to do this is Amrit vela, between 2.30am and 5.30 am.

You will notice that you will find it easier to get rid of thoughts at this time after you have had a shower.

Start by doing this and within a few weeks to months(depending) your 3rd eye shall open.

When this happens you will know.

You start to see different colours whilst meditating and then a little light begins to appear.

However, this little dot of light may appear when you first start. If it does then you should just try to look at it and focus on it, this also will help you blank your mind from other thoughts.

It is easily seen by looking in the area of your trikuti or between your eyebrows where your 3rd eye is located.

Lot's of things happen and occur once you get into it.

You get vsions, feel sensations all over your body, fell vibrations both deep within and around certain parts of the body, changes in temperature..etc..

But when ALL of these are happening you should still try and keep your focus on the simran.

You shouldn't let them distract you.

I usually see them as reassurances that you are doing it correctly and therefore you should just let it happen but keep the focus on Guruji.

BTW. Do ardas before you start to ask for forgiveness for any unintentional bhul chuk done by yourself. and ask waheguru to help you and guide you in Devoting yourself to him.

Ask for strength and guidance so that you can progress on this path.

We all take different times on our paths and it all comes with his grace and blessing.

• 4 weeks later...

To sum it up 92% of Gurbani is about Naam abiass, so you would think Guru Mahraj would have covered how to do simran in depth. Of course they have and is the deepest subject on earth because it relates to the physical realm and the unseen realm (Mun, Kaal, Chitar gupt and so on)

So best thing is to learn from people who have practically gained spiritually, they will teach you about Dasam Duar, Unhadh Shabad how to Pass bavh sagar and be able to go in to pargash and be able to see the sukam forms like Punj choor. All the other people who havent reached this spiritual level of being able to hear/speak to Vaheguru are just not able to fully delve-in deep and teach what it means to do simran abiaas.

Best bet is to listen to Sant Isher Singhs, Bhai Seva singh jee and Sant Waryam Singh jees katha, they talk about what it means to reach Dargaah and meet Sat Guru in Sukam form.