Anger

singhnee~22

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'm rubbish at controling my anger when I think someone is wrong as per Bani, but this tuk has helped me a bit

ijQY bolix hwrIAY iqQY cMgI cup ]2]

jithhai bolan haareeai thithhai cha(n)gee chup ||2||

Where you are bound to lose by speaking, there, you ought to remain silent. ||2||

I was once told that when arguing, "the thing is to keep calm and get ur point across - if your getting nowhere, just try to end the conversation"

Saying that I just yell no.gifno.gif :lol:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 40

Siree Raag, Fourth Mehl:

Receiving the Naam, the mind is satisfied; without the Naam, life is cursed.

If I meet the Gurmukh, my Spiritual Friend, he will show me God, the Treasure of Excellence.

I am every bit a sacrifice to one who reveals to me the Naam. ||1||

O my Beloved, I live by meditating on Your Name.

Without Your Name, my life does not even exist. My True Guru has implanted the Naam within me. ||1||Pause||

The Naam is a Priceless Jewel; it is with the Perfect True Guru.

When one is enjoined to serve the True Guru, He brings out this Jewel and bestows this enlightenment.

Blessed, and most fortunate of the very fortunate, are those who come to meet the Guru. ||2||

Those who have not met the Primal Being, the True Guru, are most unfortunate, and are subject to death.

They wander in reincarnation over and over again, as the most disgusting maggots in manure.

Do not meet with, or even approach those people, whose hearts are filled with horrible anger. ||3||

The True Guru, the Primal Being, is the Pool of Ambrosial Nectar. The very fortunate ones come to bathe in it.

The filth of many incarnations is washed away, and the Immaculate Naam is implanted within.

Servant Nanak has obtained the most exalted state, lovingly attune

d to the True Guru. ||4||2||66||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 887

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl:

You read the scriptures, and the commentaries,

but the Perfect Lord does not dwell in your heart.

You preach to others to have faith,

but you do not practice what you preach. ||1||

O Pandit, O religious scholar, contemplate the Vedas.

Eradicate anger from your mind, O Pandit. ||1||Pause||

You place your stone god before yourself,

but your mind wanders in the ten directions.

You apply a ceremonial tilak mark to its forehead, and fall at its feet.

You try to appease the people, and act blindly. ||2||

You perform the six religious rituals, and sit wearing your loin-cloth.

In the homes of the wealthy, you read the prayer book.

You chant on your mala, and beg for money.

No one has ever been saved in this way, friend. ||3||

He alone is a Pandit, who lives the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

Maya, of the three qualities, leaves him.

The four Vedas are completely contained within the Lord's Name.

Nanak seeks His Sanctuary. ||4||6||17||

This Shabad is by Bhagat Naam Dev Ji in Raag Raamkalee on Pannaa 973

Raamkalee, Second House:

Someone may practice austerities at Benares, or die upside-down at a sacred shrine ofpilgrimage, or burn his body in fire, or rejuvenate his body to life almost forever;

he may perform the horse-sacrifice ceremony, or give donations of gold covered over, but none of these is equal to the worship of the Lord's Name. ||1||

O hypocrite, renounce and abandon your hypocrisy; do not practice deception.

Constantly, continually, chant the Name of th

e Lord. ||1||Pause||

Someone may go to the Ganges or the Godaavari, or to the Kumbha festival, or bathe at Kaydaar Naat'h, or make donations of thousands of cows at Gomti;

he may make millions of pilgrimages to sacred shrines, or freeze his body in the Himalayas; still, none of these is equal to the worship of the Lord's Name. ||2||

Someone may give away horses and elephants, or women on their beds, or land; he may give such gifts over and over again.

He may purify his soul, and give away in charity his body weight in gold; none of these is equal to the worship of the Lord's Name. ||3||

Do not harbor anger in your mind, or blame the Messenger of Death; instead, realize the immaculate state of Nirvaanaa.

My Sovereign Lord King is Raam Chandra, the Son of the King Dasrat'h; prays Naam Dayv, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||4||4||

There is an chain reaction that occurs within your body from any type of thought produced. First thought in your mind produces Anger, Second that thought effects your breathing, it speeds up or slows down accordingly to the thought produced. Watch it next time and you will see the change, The change in breathing then effects your body which causes stress upon the mind and your blood pressure goes up.

Now the bridge between your thoughts and the change in your body is the breath. Any type of emotion felt is going to cause a change in your breathing pattern. Whenever you get angry take all of your attention to your breathing and take deep breaths. Let the breathing bring you back into your equilibrium. Your breath is the key, it is the bridge. Take control of that bridge.

ive got alot of anger. uder than gurbani nothing really helps. counslers and therapists and all that loads of <admin-profanity filter activated>. might seem really stupid. but if u have alotta physical anger like i do. (from not beating up racist kids at school) keep a punching bag at home. helps alot. it gives u a good workoiut. and u get rid of anger that cud be dangerous.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

but if u have alotta physical anger like i do. (from not beating up racist kids at school)

veerji, how do u handle it, like wen the kids say stuff 2 u, wut do u do?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Don't do anything. Let your eyes do the trick. Give them the look that you are gonna tear them apart, but don't move from your position and don't utter a sound. Just use your eyes. They will piss in their pants and run away!

mehtab veerji that sure does work somtimes. but then they start callin u a wuss. and since everyone calls me by my last name at school (cant say bhagat) they say oh look at that fa(g) singhs a < admin-profanity filter activated> exectp with a p. and to have the name < admin-profanity filter activated> next to the name singh. is wrong very wrong. u have to say somthin (not neccesairliy puttin down. (cuz gurbani is against that, but somthin to really make them think about) or take some kind of action. and if ure a smart kid unlike me ull walk away and go beat ure bag up instead of them