Should I Fight?

Guest Mr aingh

Guest warrior

yup its very important to beat up the bully because without this they will continue to attack you.

But always make sure you have backup before you do so that people can back up up if if you need help or need support if teacher thinks your the bully.

• 1 year later...

VJKK VJKF

First of all, you have to assess the situation immediatly. Figure out how dangerous the situation is, In this case it was just simple teasing which you should have ignored. If it's his first time, tell him to stop, if he continues, give him one more warning, after that go to a teacher. If he continues, tell your parents and try to work things out with his parents to get him to stop.

If anyone, comes at you violently, attack. This is because if someone attacks you you don't have time to try diplomacy. Who knows, he might have weapons and friends. Take him out, and get out of there.

Second of all, Always try everything before taking up the sword. EVERYTHING you can think of. In this case you jumped the gun too early but you have a good spirit just learn to control it.

To answer your main question, you should never fight voluntarily or initate a fight. And besides, so what if they tease you a bit. Sometimes true courage is choosing not to fight.

VJKK VJKF

P.S. I train in martial arts, street awareness, slef defence so I know what might be danger or not. For example, if I was in this situation i would have let him go the first time because it is in school and in a safe environment, but I would immediately infrom a higher authority. However, if this was on the streets, and a random guy tried grabbing my dastar I would not think twice about dispatching him and I'm out of there. So it was fairly just you could say but next time ignore it first.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

I grew up in the East end of London during the Seventies and lived on a council estate (projects for the americanos) when I was newly Amritdhari we used to have gangs of skinheads roaming the estate intimidating the small group of coloured faces , from what I remember they homed in on the quiet asians as opposed to the more belligerent Black community . Of course at school we would be the meat in the racist sandwich , getting it from whites and Blacks (not being prejorative just using lingo) .

Because I was the eldest and also in a family of dastaar wearing amritdharis back when it was rare to see a punjabi family let alone Sikh one I was singled out at home on the estate and in school , thankfully on the estate I just had to keep my nerve stay solid in my view 'I am meant to be here, I am meant to be a Gursikh, My Guru doesn't make mistakes ' and something would happen the skins would not get physical, but at school things were different, boys and girls would gang up on me to physically attack. Now I didn't want to go home and cry about it to my Mum and Dad as I felt they had enough on their plate plus I knew that my ancestors didn't shirk from defending their right to exercise their faith so I took them on physically. It took a fair few fights but because I stood my ground my younger siblings had little to no aggravation at the same school or in the neighbourhood .

My advice is like the others pick your fight, don't go all 'Marty Mcfly' if someone is huffing and puffing let them bark... but once they graduate up to touching you and your dastaar give them a sound seeing to. Like Mehtab veer ji says carry yourself like a warrior and develop a 'don't mess' face and most peeps back away but always educate people about you and your faith because the root cause of all this is IGNORANCE. Once that is gone, strangers will defend your honour

without you saying a word (true life experience) . Be careful as you can be reported to the police and get arrested nowadays even at school , keep the rehit, do the abihaas and remember Waheguru's got your back.

Bhenji jkvlondon ji its sad how you had to defend yourself alone

Now I realise I was BLESSED to have to go through those days and times it was the making of me as a Gursikh, I had to make the choice 'do I crumple and become a sheep or fight and become a lioness ?' and it helped set my mind to be strong enough not to be scared of challenges to my position by people in authority e.g. teachers and police. I can see what my kids need in counsel having been through it and what it feels like to feel unsure of oneself , just as I know what it is to eat meat/fish and not . It's good to see both sides because that makes you a better human .

Guru ji didn't say we were supposed to wrap ourselves in a bubble , we are supposed to be 'out there' in the midst of the maelstrom of humanity showing them the clear cut path to happiness.