Urgent: Going On Holiday To Canada, Toronto

MrPindoo21

It's not always like that. One of my very close family moved from UK to Canada, the kids grew up here, speak and understand punjabi and do rehras sahib everyday, even if somebody is visiting them. and now their daughter is getting married to an amritdhari guy and it's an arranged marriage without any pressure. Both are soft spoken, humble and religious. So it's all upto parents. Mother is the first teacher of her child.

Their are way more examples of kids in canada not following their religion and culture not speaking punjabi, hating our foods etc than the scenario you have give albeit a good one though, but the reality is that kids over their are more against their heritage and prefer the canadian/westernised life, as compared to the uk, which is actually seeing more and more kids coming back to their roots very slowly. :biggrin2:

^^^ there are more examples, where the children are so much into sikhi that parents are actually scared of and stopping them to go to Gurdwara. Then there are weekly Gurmukhi learning, santheya and harmonium and Jorhi learning classes in Gurdwaras. And children spend mostly all of their holiday in Gurdwara, like it's their home. And most house that I know have the harmonium and jorhi and the children do keertan when there are paths in houses.

Then there's Khalsa school, where there are classes of , punjabi, Gurbani and vaja-jorhi learning, like any other must-have subjects and one student from school do ardas every morning in Gurdwara. They are made to "kanth" bani in their gurbani class and teacher listens to path from every students. And the credit goes to the parents who chose this for their kids.

But at the end, vice and virtue go hand in hand, as earlier said, it's all on Parents.

ok jee calm down, lets not blame it all on the parents who knows how our kids are gonna turn out, that is if you have any, their are examples of amritdhari/ Gursikh family kids becoming patit, would you still blame the parents or have you got you head stuck in the clouds and only see what you want.

^^ its parents responsibility to teach them gursikhi as much as they can, jina chir oh ona di sunde ne. And then do ardas to Guru sahib, you take care of them. Like this, their base is sikhi and they have created good karams in their early age, which will benefit them in future. They have sown sikhi in their soul, same will they reap at the end. Parents should do their part and then leave it onto Guru sahib.

Dukh Sukh is part of life. Everybody has to pay for their karam and lekhe. Some pays them as "suli", others "sool". Nobody is perfectly happy on this earth. "Nanak dukhiya sabh sansar" be it Toronto or UK.

We should not judge parents on how their kids have turned out, their are many kids who have good upbringings and turn out wrong, we should all fear Waheguru ji because who knows what his will (pana) can bring. Waheguru ji toh darna chahida before we blame the parents.

actually in my opinion it would be better to emigrate there, the main reason is less Pakistanis. If you go to Vancouver Sikhs are very tight knit, this is good for the future when s*** (if you excuse my language) hits the fan, Sikhs will ready and together to fight anyone off.

You gave a scenarios about your friend and their kids being Gursikhs (post 10), which is commendable and make comments like its all on parents (post 10 & 13) insinuating that the parents who kids turn out otherwise are to blame and then you say as above its not about blaming parents, I am sorry but i seem to find it difficult to follow you. As i have said in post 16 we should not judge parents and should be fearful of waheguru ji's pana.

Waheguru ji toh darna chahida before we blame the parents.

It's all different situations. Parents are responsible when they do not play the part they are supposed to in their early age. When they don't spend enough time with their kids, their own spiritual life is zero. They are after money and partying and complain afterwards and blame children. Dhan ne oh parents jo apne bacheya nu is raste paunde ne te ona nu spirituality te gursikhi da environment dinde ne, jehrha ona di zindgi da mudh banh da. I am not denying childrens responsibilities, once they are grown up. Both have to play their roles. But the Parents are to go first, as they give birth to child who doesn't know anything at all.

We can't blame children for their upbringing.

But thinking ke toronto ch bache vigarh jaange te UK vich nahin, is not true. Karama de anusar saareyan nu fal milda, chahe jithe marji raho.

"Jaisi sangat, taisi rangat"

All I am saying is Parents should do their best and leave the rest to Guru sahib.