Sikhs Attacked In Delhi

Mehtab Singh

August 15 Tilak Vihar Violence led by local Congress leaders – Sikh body, AISSF, demands inquiry By Parmjit Singh - Published: August 16, 2013

New Delhi, India (August 16, 2013): Condemning the August 15 violence against the Sikh population of Tilak Vihar and the attack on the family of US based plaintiff, All India Sikh Students Federation (AISSF) demanded inquiry by sitting Supreme Court Justice to investigate the role of police and political leaders. While Several Sikhs were injured as a result of police firing on the Sikhs, Mohinder Singh, the US based plaintiff’s family living in Tilak Vihar was especially targeted as their house was pelted with stones and their vehicles were burnt by the mob under the Delhi police watch.

Tilak-Vihar-Sikh-Channel-Screenshot-300x

Mob indulged in stone pelting at Sikh houses at Tilak Vihar in Delhi (August 15, 2013) | Photo Source: Sikh Channel’s Video Coverage

AISSF is demanding an Inquiry into the systematic attack on the Sikh community of Tilak Vihar from the Supreme Court Justice as the authorities are already trying to portray the August 15 incident as “communal violence” between the two communities while in fact police and the attackers only aimed the Sikh community.

AISSF demanded that since the attackers were lead by local Congress leader Satya Narain and Pankaj and Deepak Tentwala, who incited the mob to attack Sikh community and burn down their property, an FIR should be filed for against these political activists for inciting violence against Sikhs.

While talking to the Sikh Siyasat News (SSN) AISSF president Karnail Singh Peermohammad said since November 1984, there has been a trend of covering up the organized violence against religious minorities as “communal riots”. Just like in the case of November 1984, evidence and eye witness accounts clearly shows that on August 15 Tilak Vihar’s Sikh community was specifically targeted and attacked and it was not a random “communal violence”.

According to Karnail Singh Peermohammad, President AISSF, a fair and impartial investigation by the Supreme Court Justice will reveal that the police and political leaders were involved in targeting the Sikh population of Tilak Vihar. The Sikh community is still fighting to get justice for the November 1984 killings and August 15 attack is yet another reminder of denial of justice to Sikhs, added Peermohammad.

Mohinder Singh is plaintiff in a case pending before the US Federal Court in New York against the ruling Congress Party of India for its role in organizing and perpetrating violence against Sikhs during November 1984.

Source: http://www.sikhsiyasat.net/2013/08/16/august-15-tilak-vihar-violence-led-by-local-congress-leaders-sikh-body-aissf-demands-inquiry/

All Sikh Jathebhandis should go to help the Sikhs in Delhi. The SGPC Task force, Taksal, Nihangs, AKJ etc should put their Gatka and Shaster Vidiya that they have learnt to use and protect the poor Sikhs in Delhi. These Sikhs are poor and often termed as low caste and suffered greatly in the 1984 Genocide. Did you see many of them keep their Kesh as opposed to many Sikhs in the Punjab who cut theirs without thinking.

Well done Sikh Channel again for bringing these events to worlds attention.

It would be helpful to get some facts on this situation - as they seem to be pretty sparse on this site and on Sikh Channel coverage.......before any of you Gatka warriors book your flights to Delhi.

I have read the coverage in The Hindu, Times of India and Mail Today and they suggest that there have been a number of incidents between these two impoverished communities - the Sikhs and the Harijans (Valmiki).

Guest Ksingh5

Those are indeed blood boiling statements. I can cook up 20 abusive and harsh responses to these, but what will that achieve? Its our leaders (religious and political) who have failed us. Attainment of Khalistan back in those days itself would have been the best revenge and biggest slap to such people. That didn't happen. The politicians who perpetrated the carnage should have been hanged/jailed. That didn't happen. Sikhs should have been given justice. That didn't happen.

This will sound strange coming from me (as my original background is Punjabi Hindu from Delhi as well), but based on my own experiences, it is absolutely futile and useless to expect justice or wait for any justice from a country that is run by the sort of mentality and attitude veer Jas Singh has mentioned above. I have had heated arguments with my own cousins on these matters. Forget justice, I've stopped even expecting such guys to show any respect to Sikhs. Lets get one thing straight, we haven't been able to avenge 1984, which they seem to see as cowardice. At the same time they want us to react violently so they get a chance to show the world we are no better than Islamic fundamentalists.

So what is the way out? I'd say what our international organizations are doing right now, we step on the accelerator and don't give such retards a chance to breathe. If you've been telling 10 non-Indians about 1984, well, start telling 50. If you've been organizing 5 1984 related camps/seminars each year, hike it up to 15 per year. Multiply the amount of pressure we're already putting on them. They crack jokes on us? Let them say that Sikhs these days can only eat and breathe 1984 and nothing else. Let them notice it. Let them feel the pinch. HURT THESE _______ WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST! But do it all without resorting to violence, unless and until it becomes the last resort.

Brothers and sisters, the time is gone for you to remind them about Nadir Shah carrying away booty and women, or Afghans selling them as slaves, or British oppressing them or Pakistanis attacking them. Its not going to work, it will fall on deaf ears. You, yes you, every single one of you reading this now has the responsibility to contribute his/her part in making the whole damn world aware about what Sikhs suffered in 1984. Today is August 15th, their independence day. Promise yourself that you will not rest from today until the first week of November and will spread the story of 1984 like a wild forest fire. Make their life so much hell that each time an Indian introduces himself/herself to a gora/kaala/cheena/Mexican/Spanish or whoever, the first question they get is "Why did you guys kill so many Sikhs?" Make them feel ashamed to walk on the roads fearing this question. Make them feel embarrassed telling others how great of a country India is. They make Sikhs feel ashamed and embarrassed just because of our identity, right? Well we will bloody well make them feel ashamed and embarrassed at their mere 66 year old identity!

Khoon ka badla ab khoon ubaal ke lenge

(We will avenge our spilled blood by boiling your blood...i.e by making you suffer shame and embarrassment)

"Are oh Sardar, 84 to sirf ik trailer tha, yaad hai naan kya haal kiya tha humnein, abhi to poori picture baaki hai"

"Waqt aane do, tum sab ko woh picture dikhaayenge ki dubara screen dekhne ke liye aankhein kholne se bhi daroge"

"Acha sabak sikhaya tha inko, ek ek ki daadi kaat di thi, gale mein tayar daal daal ke jalaya tha"

"Jis din hum sabak sikhaane pe aa gaye, jis din hum kaatne pe aa gaye, jis din hum jalaane pe aa gaye, toh yaad rakhna, yeh desh desh nahi rahega, shamshaan ban jaayega"

I agree with you 100%.

May it's time to spend money on educating western Sikh lawyers in Indian Law, which in return can aid the Sikhs in India.

Many may disagree with the list below but how long has this been going on, it's time for Sikhs to invest time and money for the future.

· Fully qualified western born Sikh Lawyers who know the Indian law inside out.

· Invest in Sikhs to become representatives in the UN

· Educate as many non Sikhs as possible (As mentioned be Mehtab Singh)

· Invest in Sikhs learning Politics, which will be required now and the future

· Get the support of non Punjabi Sikhs on this matter get them involved (e.g. 3ho)

· Put all diffrents aside with all jathay badhis and try to work on this as a collective

The list can go on and we do currently have bodies in place who are doing this but we need to support them more.

It would be helpful to get some facts on this situation - as they seem to be pretty sparse on this site and on Sikh Channel coverage.......before any of you Gatka warriors book your flights to Delhi.

I have read the coverage in The Hindu, Times of India and Mail Today and they suggest that there have been a number of incidents between these two impoverished communities - the Sikhs and the Harijans (Valmiki).

The Sikh Channel was quite clear and gave detailed coverage last night on TV on the spot. There own reporter was injured by the Police. Only the Indian Express has reported that the Sikhs had been taunted by the Hindus ( not sure why people are calling them Harijans and Valmiks ) with 1984 threats. Sewa 84 also on the spot stated the same. After 30 years of biased Indian media coverage I would have hoped people would be sceptical of their reporting. Any other ideas on how to protect a community of Sikhs that have suffering for 30 years.

The Sikh Channel reporter has the latest updates below

https://www.facebook.com/jasvinder.singh.123829

I personally have enough ethics to forego any fallacious claims reiterated by the <banned word filter activated> of the world.

Have you noticed these fools only show up on this forum to spread misinformation. This congress cheerleader should make sure his dhoti does not fall down in public.