Sikhs Attacked In Delhi

Mehtab Singh

Have you noticed these fools only show up on this forum to spread misinformation. This congress cheerleader should make sure his dhoti does not fall down in public.

Thank you for your thoughtful, considered and intelligent response to my posting.

I am glad that you agree with my main point warning about the risks of spreading misinformation.

Thank you for your thoughtful, considered and intelligent response to my posting.

I am glad that you agree with my main point warning about the risks of spreading misinformation.

Hopefully you have enough information that the Sikhs were attacked by an organised mob led by Indian politicians.

AMRITSAR: While demanding the government to ensure safety and security of Sikh population, the Jathedar of Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh has issued an appeal to maintain peace in the volatile Tilak Vihar area of Delhi where more than a dozen people were injured following clashes between two communities on Thursday evening.

Talking to TOI on Friday Giani Gurbachan Singh said that "It is an unfortunate incident and it is duty of every government to provide safety to its citizens". He also appealed to the agitated communities to exercise restraint.

Meanwhile, All India Sikh Students Federation (Peermohammad) president Karnail Singh Peermohammad has demanded an inquiry into the incident by a sitting judge of Supreme Court especially concentrating on the role of police and political leaders. The president of federation alleged that " the attackers were lead by political leaders who incited the mob to attack Sikh community and burn down their property, an FIR should be filed for against these political activists for inciting violence against Sikhs".

why hasn't this made it to western media!

The past week(s) they've been covering these:

• Sikh man attacked and spat on by teenager
  • Sikh TV channel fined for encouraging attack on Gen Brar
  • Milkha Singh
  • First year anniversary of Wisconsin shooting
  • Sikh groups abroad want Badal arrested
  • Modi condemned for asking Sikh farmers to leave
  • Sikh man attacks Namdhari Guru

Guess what, I don't see much Western media coverage on Prof Bhullar's mercy petition getting rejected either.

Tilak Vihar: Sikhs, Valmikis hold peace march

Express news service : New Delhi, Sun Aug 18 2013, 01:01 hrs

Two days after 25 people were injured in a communal clash in West Delhi's Tilak Vihar, the Delhi Police organised a peace march involving members from both communities — Sikh and Valmiki — in order to maintain law and order in the area.

On Saturday, a curfew-like situation prevailed but according to police, 11 members from both communities decided to carry out a peace march on the request of the Delhi Police, starting from the Tilak Vihar police chowki to blocks A, B and C.

Additional Commissioner of Police (West) V Renganathan said: "The members agreed to participate in the peace march. This is a positive step. The law and order situation is completely under control."

Starting at 8 pm, the march went on for half an hour in the area and according to police, the response was good.

"There was no sloganeering and people in the area stayed calm," a senior police officer said.

Meanwhile, according to doctors at DDU hospital, a patient, who was operated for gunshot wounds in his abdomen on Thursday, is still in the ICU."

"He is recovering well, but we have kept him under observation because of the nature of injuries. He is conscious and oriented, we will shift him to the general ward in a day or two, if his condition remains stable," a doctor at the hospital said.

On Thursday, violence broke out in Tilak Vihar area when members of one community performed stunts on their motorcycles and in turn ended up running one of their motorcycles over the foot of an elderly man.

The incident triggered a violent clash involving stone-pelting by both communities, following which police claimed they had to resort to the use of teargas shells and lathicharge. Police claimed that they fired in the air and that five men who suffered gunshot wounds may have been hit by shots fired by the public.

Source - http://www.indianexpress.com/news/tilak-vihar-sikhs-valmikis-hold-peace-march/1156601/

The past week(s) they've been covering these:

• Sikh man attacked and spat on by teenager
  • Sikh TV channel fined for encouraging attack on Gen Brar
  • Milkha Singh
  • First year anniversary of Wisconsin shooting
  • Sikh groups abroad want Badal arrested
  • Modi condemned for asking Sikh farmers to leave
  • Sikh man attacks Namdhari Guru

Guess what, I don't see much Western media coverage on Prof Bhullar's mercy petition getting rejected either.

Most of the Govt controlled media in the Punjab choose not to cover these stories as well or put a spin on things to down play the stories

Interesting how the Indian media covered the Delhi incident, some said it was an argument over kite flying, some say a motorbike ran over someone's foot, another that people made rude comments about each other and clashes broke out, people somehow got hold of guns and fired on mass and only the Sikhs were hit by gunfire 'accidently'. The truth from Sikhs actually there is not the Politicians have been whipping up hatred against the Sikhs for several years but recently they are being subjected to violence.

These are poor Sikhs who were massacred in large numbers in 1984 got no help from the Indian Govt and very little from most Sikh organisations. Even now they got little help from anyone and I suppose as they live in fear they have taken out peace marches.