How Do Canadian Sikhs Dispose Of Combed Hair?

samosasingh

on a day that you did nitnem at amritwale and also sometime during the day washed your hair do ardas thanking mahraj for your hair and that you are going to sankar your hair and return them etc then gather your supplies. typically it should be done in a pyre but I don't know if this wrong but I use a steel tin and put the hair in there. I do ardas a second time and then lite the hair directly in the tin while japing nam and reciting bani after this I crush the ashes with a iron spoon and throw them in the air, though you sposed to put them in a river, and then with water I clean the tin and throw that water used for cleaning also outside rather than down the drain. I don't know if this is how you do it but that's how I do it

I woud like to let you all of a certain miracle in a sense that has happened after I posted this question. The exact agan bhet container (basically a portable grill) posted above by Sikhistan popped into my mind. I figure it is a sign from our Guru's.

Do you pour desi ghee then light with a match?

Thanks

We never used ghee but sometime do put printing paper for quick burning. Last time we put a dhoof stick inside the grill. Everyone does with their own choice/style as long as we show pure respect from within our soul/mind :)

I know a friend of mine burns punjabi newspaper and kesh in his fireplace often.