URGENT-GuruJi to be abused again!! SLOUGH

Gurdwaras have been established in the UK, then why do we need to take

Guruji to a banqueting hall for a wedding? Because we are stuck in an

overlap of Culture and Religion. Cultural aspects are highly regarded by

many which includes drinking, food, dancing and egoist hopes of giving

the world the best reception ever.

Then, in second place is Religion. Because our Culture comes from

Punjab this does not mean it represents the Sikh Religion. Those who

practice Sikhi can easily identify the differences.

An Anand Karaj is a sacred act in the presence of Guruji, it's been

reduced to a Cultural Ritual. I have been to weddings in Gurdwaras were

people do not care where they are and seen the divan hall as a gossip

room. What respect is there in a banqueting hall were people have

blatantly not come for Guruji or to witness an Anand Karaj, but to

dance, drink & eat!!

This whole situation highlights the problems we are facing as a

community.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Author: A Kaur

Date: 10-13-04 09:00

I have been to Baylis House, there is a separate area for religious ceremonies in which there is no bar and never has been a bar. It is a clean venue and I believe the Guru Granth Sahib Ji will be given the respect it deserves.

We should not allow our religious events to be ruined by what is a political decision.

We should be grateful that the youth are still taking part in religious weddings, after all, all that English law requires is a registry office wedding.

I believe that by attending on Sunday we are at risk of looking like terrorists. We will give our faith a bad name, much like the way many people think all Muslims are terrorists. People will start to think all Sikhs, or people wearing turbans are terrorists or militants.

Instead of attending on Sunday we should try and encourage people to hold their events at a Gurdwara. It is too late to do anything about Sunday. Why should somebody’s special day be ruined?

Author: kkaur

Date: 10-13-04 07:26

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fateh.

I cannot believe peoples mentality.

Gurbaksh Singh wrote:

Let them be as there is no reason to stop someones happiness. LEt them do as they will - i am sure they will respect GuruJi appropriately as after all they too are Sikh's are they not?

What comes first? Someones happiness or our Guru Ji? - You work it out. Does taking Guru Ji to a hall make someone happy? Man if that is true, I feel sorry for them!! The other question is - what makes a person a Sikh? Just by having Singh or Kaur at the end of your name doesn't make you a Sikh. You're actions do. These actions are not those of a Sikh - I'm not making it up, this is what Guru Ji says himself.

Surjit Singh says:

Hotels andMarriage Halls moved in to make a buck. I have seen videos of langar onthe top of the table while cases of whiskey open visible under that

table. If this is going to happen then it is a total disgrace.

Unfortunately this is what has been happening in this country. Or a curtain is placed over the bar area. That isn't respectful to me.

SikhMann77 wrote:

Young girls grow up dreaming of special weddings and you want to spoil this. Grow up and realise its 2004. This is a modern wedding BUT sticking to religious beliefs and values.

Does it make a wedding special by taking Guru Ji to a hall? And yes it is 2004 - and.................what's your point????? Does our respect for Guru Ji suddenly CHANGE????????

Author: SikhMan77

Date: 10-13-04 02:15

live and let live, it is about PEOPLE not PLACE, they are both religious families. why do u want to ruin a very special day? simply because you can? this will be a very respectful sikh wedding I am sure. Young girls grow up dreaming of special weddings and you want to spoil this. Grow up and realise its 2004. This is a modern wedding BUT sticking to religious beliefs and values. I applaud them and condemn any action on the day.

you are doing sikhism no favours if you ruin this very special day. have a heart.

I HOPE THE BOY OR GIRL U MARRY WANTS A NON GUADWARA WEDDING I TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO INDIA 2 MONTHS BACK IN BOMBAY AND SHE HAD A HALL WEDDING SO WHAT WHO ARE YOU TO PROTEST NEXT YOU WILL BE SAYING UNLESS YOU ARE A SARDAR WITH TURBAN AND NOT MONA YOU CANNOT MARRY IN THE GUADWARA

GROW UP

Admin Note : Next time pls don't reply in CAPS letter. Thanks

Guest stopsingh2
Author: Santosh Singh

Date: 10-13-04 02:24

this is riduclous!! this is a wedding, let people enjoy their special day. the only disresepct is if there is a protest. hypocritical!

Your posts show your understanding of Sikhi (or lack of it) and the importance we give to decisions from the Akal Takht.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

i just got back from slough, it was sad to see that its the same old ppl who are doing Guru ji beadbi. With guru jis kirpa there was over 70 gursikhs there off every shade Khalsa monia kids women old and young.

some gursikhs were there from 6.30am doing Jap and parth.

the families had totally betrayed the sangat as we saw ppl smoking on the premises and their was no respect for Guruji the police were there in force but the Sangat stuck to the task and let everyone know that how disrespectfull the hotel and the wedding ppl have been hopefully guruji will take care off them.

am sure the gursikhs from the RSGGS will fill u in with more detail.

Guru ji was taken away from these manmuks and taken home to the gurdwara in slough, the president had come with the granthies and demanded that guruji be shown respect and take to its rightfull place, even though the socalled anand karg had happened.

sorry for the brife details am tired am sure one off the gursikhs will put the pics taken and give u more details

dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji

dhan thera Panth Khalsa

AKAAAL