Sign in to follow this  
Guest hkd

Why My Husband Doesn't Share His Sikh Knowledge With Me?

Guest hkd

Hi all!

I'm a spanish girl married to sikh punjabi guy. For us everything worked out very well. We met here in europe, quickly fell in love, got engaged. We travelled to india seeking his parents blessings. We got them and we got married. My relationship with his (now mine) family is perfect. His parents are now my own, his bhabhi is now my sister and i his nephews like my own children. If i had to choose one word to describe the last two years of my life would be LOVE!

When i was in india i learned a lot about sikhism, to be honest i felt that i was a sikh before i even knew that word. I've been a vegetarian for many years, i ve always been involve in charity events, my parents had rised me without any prejudice, and i love meditation. So now i found this religion that had so many things in common with the way I understand life. So i began to get interested.

The problem is that my husband is not interested. He doesn't share his knowledge with me. I 'm a bit lost because i don't even know where to start. I'm reading books and checking many websites but i miss to have someone to talk to. To discuss,to share my feeling about this religion im embracing.

Any idea of why he acts like that? Everything else between us is great.

He also don't want to talk about having babies. But i don't think this has anything to do with that.

When we go to gurdwara i have so many questions....and he looks annoyed when i start. Where we live there is only sikh boys (not girls or families), and the other gori wifes are not interested in sikhi.

I'm feeling a bit lonely in this journey...

hkd.

He probably doesn't know much about the Sikh religion himself. I think your enthusiasm for the Sikh religion is causing feelings of inadequacy and guilt (to some extent), and he doesn't know how to deal with it. Don't worry, just keep doing what you're doing and don't lose heart.

• Like 1

awwwww...he is not doing good with you ...lol..anyways...dont need to search on internet..just visit your local gurudwara,,and ask them about the books of history regarding sikhism...

Can confirm. Hardly any guys from Punjab know about their faith as not much is done to teach kids. So as VanHelSingh Ji said, he probably feels ashamed by his lack of knowledge. There is cyber sangat (this forum for example) and some online resources you can use. Basics of Sikhi youtube channel is a good place to start.

Guest dasguruka

I don't think it's his lack of knowledge. Maybe he doesn't want you to get too interested Into Sikhi and to the point where you want to baptize. Meaning he has to baptize too.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Western intelligence tries to destabilise China by inciting Hong Kong riots. China responds by unleashing Corona, in an act of spitefulness, knowing it will eventually make its way to West due to movement of Chinese citizens across the globe. Western powers believe no crisis, even one that's not directly of their own making, should ever be wasted as an opportunity to push their ultimate plan closer to fruition, so they capitalise on the outbreak with mass hysteria, driven by the media, designed to cripple Western economies, effectively heralding another economic depression; a depression that an elite financial minority knew was coming, which they accordingly "cashed in" moments before it hit. The puppet nations of the US and UK see this moment as the perfect opportunity for testing the waters in regards to how much state-enforced control the population will withstand before revolting. The elite nations use the impact of the virus as justification to introduce legislation they have no intention of repealing. As we've laboured under the threat of Islamic terrorism and the expected legislative response that supposedly protects us from that threat -- which has gradually curtailed certain freedoms and rights -- Corona and the fear of similar viral pandemic outbreaks will be used as the sword of Damocles to erode further rights and freedoms, and to allow milder iterations of such laws to remain active indefinitely. The media continues to play its role in perpetuating the fear and the overall narrative of an unrelenting virus sweeping and impacting the West in particular. The virus IS real; it exists, but its impact IMO is exaggerated, and is being applied as the cause of death in cases where it's not applicable in order to inflate recorded death rates and induce further hysteria.  India has 109 deaths from Corona. They're virtually Chinese neighbours. India is either lying about the official death rate to save face on the international stage (misplaced Indian pride that would otherwise seriously dent their narrative of India being an emerging superpower that isn't any less capable than a western nation) OR they haven't the resources or infrastructure to obtain accurate numbers of those afflicted by the virus OR Corona isn't as it's being portrayed in the West. That's all I've got. Wild conjecture but the events of the coming months and years will contribute to obtaining a clearer picture. I reiterate, a virus exists and it is not nice to have it. Having underlying health issues makes it more of a danger.  Best not to stress and panic as this situation stretches out for weeks and months. Positivity and cheerfulness in the face of adversity sometimes helps.
    • Yes, it's a video from a few years ago and these are some sect called Dawoodi Bohra Muslims who do not want to waste any food. Totally unhygienic and nearly made me vomit and in these times quite likely to spread Coronavirus if they still do this stuff even now. 
    • Biggest threat and problems Alcohol/ addiction both in UK and india Sikh caste division. Sikhs unable to be a single strong community. As we are to divided.  Lack of strong leaders to steer faith in right direction.  Sikhs becoming lost losing their faith  Intermarriages. To many Sikhs wishing they were white. 
    • being played like fiddles by GOI and PUnjab Government  during this lockdown Sikh organisations all over punjab are rushing to feed 'poor' migrant workers but the truth is we are being played : https://www.facebook.com/panth.pratham/videos/832374407262875/UzpfSTEwMDAwMjIxODM5MTIyODoyODY3NDU5NjIwMDA0NjIz/ this is bhaiyas complaining about langar: https://www.facebook.com/panth.pratham/videos/263542907998640/UzpfSTEwMDAwMjIxODM5MTIyODoyODY3Mjg3NzkwMDIxODA2/ honestly we rush in and get our own pockets emptied, and they laugh at us whilst our own poor sikhs sikhligars, mazhabi and kisan sikh families are suffering
    • I dnt believe what any "expert" says   just look at what's happening to the animals  and then imagine what's happening to our brain 

Important Information

Terms of Use