Comparing Religions

Rupinder Kaur

Hi Y'all..Hope all is well for you..

I am done with my education.., but I am going out of my way to gain a few more credentials..So, I need your help..

I have to give a formal speech in regards to Religion. The catch to this is ..that it is one of those comparative religion things where I need to compare: Islam (Muhammad) , Christianity (Jesus Christ), and Sikhism (Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji)..

In this speech, I need to talk about specific similarities and differences between the various teachers and the religions themself. The similarities can vary from physical features, moral ideas, family background, followers (disciples), sequence of life events, age, birthdate, parents, and anything else (this can apply to the differences as well).....

..and questions to keep in mind are (..this is what I need to address or get to..)..

#1 Could these religious figures be the same "person" phyiscally? Ideologically?

#2 Could these religious figures be different yet have the same ideologcal views?

I will need to set up my audience..so that they can provide their opinions based on the two questions above.

I know many have you done comparative stuff for your religions class before..if anyone of you have your papers...please send them my way.. ( Religion is not my thinggg of specialty)..LOL...So, hopefully all ya's will help me through it..

Just add about anything that pretains to this topic..

:TH: :TH:

Thanks in advance.. :lol:

Rupinder Kaur ji,

if you need some reference on comparing the ideas of the religions, then search the thread I posted once about the similarites between Islam and Sikhism.

I was gonna post one comparing the ideas of Sikhism and Chrisitianity cuz i have the book but i never got time to type it up.

how much time do you have before you gotta present your info? maybe i can type it up in a week's time. lemme know.

Pheena,

Thanks for the response..it is from a neutral point of view..I am not taking sides on any of the religions..

Simran9,

Wow..thanks..could you provide the link to your previous thread (It would be very helpful)..

Let's say I've got till about Saturday...

-Is it a common published book? If so, I might have access to it at the public library.

-However, if it is one of those rare ones in your collection..it would be highly appreciated..whatever you could do on your part..

Thanks!

Dear Rupinder Kaur Ji,

I found this website which has some information for what you want to find out, it may not be directly relevant to you, but it does provide useful background info.

take a look see what you think:

http://www.sikhs.org/religion.htm ("sikhism and other religions")

also found:

http://www.greatcom.org/resources/handbook...p10/default.htm

Heres the link :Similarities betwn Islam and Sikhism

Saturday....I will try to get some pages scanned from the other book. I don't think its common book out there but it does have a ISBN # i think, i'll post that tomorrow. I think it was published by some local gurdwara here so it might not be so common since they probably printed limited copies.

Rupinder Kaur ji,

can u PM me your email address? I won't be able to send attached files through the email system on the forum.

thanx