Weird

Son of Scthia

Hey guys, interesting site. My buddy actually told me about this place, but he also said you guys have some huge censorship thing about discussing Jatt's?

Since Jatt's are a race and reject the caste system, how come we can't discuss them here? Jatt's are the largest racial group in Sikhi, and they dont beleive in this Brahman caste system; just because Jatts wish to marry within the Jatt circle, no where in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is this not allowed.

Could someone clarify this for me please?

Love the emoticons, :e:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jatts have nothing to do with Sikhism. They're a cultural distraction.

Wouldnt they be more of a historical distraction since they have been around hundreds of years before Sikhism? I dunno, thats what I've been reading about lately, seems like Jatts have been around since the Mahabharat days, I'm pretty sure these Bahman stories are all mythology, but the Jatts are still alive and visible today :lol:

But there is proof that Jatts are not part of the caste system, if we are part of the caste system we would of had to originate in India. We only see Jatts around Northwest part of India and beyond. What gives :|

It isnt wrong to wish to marry within the Jatt circle though is it?

regards,

It all depends on how you want to view yourself. If you want to view yourself primarily as a Jatt, an Indian, a Punjabi, go right ahead. Sikhs should strive to view themselves primarily as..... Sikhs.

If you choose to marry yourself to another Jatt, based on that specific rationale, then by any reasonable logic, you forfeit the ability to consider yourself a Sikh.

Gurbani doesn't discuss or forbid inter-marriage between different groups or castes, because it doesn't recognize those differences or even admit that they exist. Actually, to be even more specific, Gurbani rejects the possibility of them existing at all.

Any true understanding of Gurbani in general recognizes that Vaaheguroo is within everybody; that's why we do sevaa: to serve the Vaaheguroo in others. This form of thinking also accepts the essential sameness and equality of all people. When you marry someone using criteria outside of that thinking, you're violating Sikhi at its core.

You are misunderstanding what I'm saying. The reason why Jatts wish to marry within Jatts is the same reason Chinese parents would want their kids to marry into a Chinese family. There is no status revolved with this, humans feel comfortable with a certain group of humans do they not? So whats wrong with this? Jatt culture is also different from different communities of Punjab; there is no status involved with this.

It's not like Great Shaheeds such as Sant Giani Jairnal Singh ji Khalsa married into a non-Jatt family, was he not a true Sikh?

Maharaja Ranjit Singh a Jatt led a Sikh misl that stretched to the sands of Iran, and he was even ex-communicated from Sikhism; still he left it to be called a Sikh kingdom. It's quite apparent that Jatts have split the mountains and made milk burst out of them for Sikhi for we have always put Sikhi ahead of all else. By the way, who put gold on the Harmandir Sahib? Who lost their sees while fighting off the Moghuls with only 5000 Sikhs...Was it Baba Deep Singh ji Guram? Was Sant Bhindranwale not Brar? Was Bhai Manni Singh, the man who wrote the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji under the guidance of Dashmesh Pitta, a Dullat Jatt? The list goes on forever.

Why do Ramgarias and Mistrys have caste based Gurdwaras? These are not Gurdwaras for Sikhs, these are caste worshippers. Show me one example of a Jatt Gurdwara, youll find none, I can post atleast 100 Ramgaria ones.

11/12 Sikh misls were either led or started by Jatt Sikh's were they not? Jassa Singh Ahluwalia was the only non-Jatt misl that was created and led by him, himself, a true soorma indeed.

Jatts have nothing to do with Sikhism. They're a cultural distraction.

Was it not Jatts who introduced warriorism to Sikhs during Guru Hargobind Singh ji's time?

That was quite an amusing video you guys had of Jatts and Tharkhans with those 2 kids infront of Baba Nanaks picture.

Jatts have been Warriors since the start. I am a Jatt Sikh. It is you anti-Jatt people who are Anti-Sikh. You cannot respect Sikhism if you don't respect Jatts because most Sikhs are Jatt. That is a fact. Jatts have contributed more to Sikhism than any other group. If you want to dispute that then let's see cold hard facts. On that basis Jatts have a born right to be Sikhs. Don't ever question it.

Everyone chooses Sikhi, Sikhi chose us Jatts.

Again, does this mean we drop all identities, and just identify ourselves as Sikhs?

best wishes,

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Jatts have been Warriors since the start. I am a Jatt Sikh. It is you anti-Jatt people who are Anti-Sikh. You cannot respect Sikhism if you don't respect Jatts because most Sikhs are Jatt. That is a fact. Jatts have contributed more to Sikhism than any other group. If you want to dispute that then let's see cold hard facts. On that basis Jatts have a born right to be Sikhs. Don't ever question it.

That is a VERY DANGEROUS thing to start saying jee... the fact is that yes, although many "subdivisions" exist within sikhism (all artifically made by us), the end result of a Sikh lifestyle is to see all people as equals... and you cannot do that with the attitude "I am jatt therefore I am better than you" or the converse "You are jatt so you are worse than me". Something like that should be a non-issue <_< .

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with you, but to say there is no such thing as Jatts, dude, there is no I am better I am worse, there is no such thing as status, but credit should be given where it is due. You cannot say that Jatts have nothing to do with Sikhi, the evidence is there.

For the third time, do you suggest we drop all identities and just refer to ourselves as Sikhs instead?