Kashmiri Students Expelled From University, Booked Under Sedition For Cheering Pakistan’S Victory In Cricket Match

Nalwa

I don't know, if it was anything else, I would feel great sympathy for them but we need to put this in proper context here.

When India and Pakistan are playing cricket, the people of these two countries do not take it like it is a mere game but take it so seriously like it's an indo-pak war going on.

If your an Indian/Kashmiri Muslim and you study in a place like UP which is like the heart of Hindu India and then you cheer for Pakistan's victory over India during a cricket match and that too when Modi supporters are very active in that state then God save you.

Secondly, these Kashmiri students were being fed, sheltered and studying on government money which they allocated specially for Kashmiri Muslim students and still they would cheer for Pakistan's victory over India. In our culture this is called Namak haramee. It's like can you imagine Pakistani Hindu students being sheltered, fed and studying on Pakistanis government's money one day joyfully cheering for India's victory over Pakistan, I bet the same reaction would have happened in Pakistan and then they would hold a press conference expecting sympathy like these guys in the video above lol

Such small things like a cricket match can set off a Hindu-Muslim riot in a collage campus within the same state where just a few months ago there was Hindu Muslim riot. And this is just a trailer of what we will probably see happening in future between Hindus and Muslims which is an intensifying religious conflict. Neutrality is the best policy for Sikhs I think.

these Kashmiri students were being fed, sheltered and studying on government money which they allocated specially for Kashmiri Muslim students

I am not sure I read that anywhere about these 67 guys, but such "quotas" do exist. If this was the case, we could actually call them namak haraamee as you said. If they were paying out of their own pockets, then again as you said, God save them!

I am not sure I read that anywhere about these 67 guys, but such "quotas" do exist. If this was the case, we could actually call them namak haraamee as you said. If they were paying out of their own pockets, then again as you said, God save them!

I think they were studying under a program called the Prime Minister's scholarship scheme which was launched a few years ago for under privileged Kashmiri youth.

What about Brit-Indians living in Britain cheering India during a Britain-India cricket match in Lords/Oval? I have never heard of a FIR / police report against those Brit-Indians.

What about Brit-Indians living in Australia cheering India during a Australia-India cricket match in Sydney/Melbourne? I have never heard of a FIR / police report against those Brit-Indians.

Now, those Indians living, earning in Britain/Australia are eating the "NAMAK" of these countries and also have Citizenship of these new countries ...

What about Indians living in Britain cheering India during a Britain-India cricket match in Lords/Oval?

What about Indians living in Australia cheering India during a Australia-India cricket match in Sydney/Melbourne?

Now, those Indians living, earning in Britain/Australia are eating the "NAMAK" of these countries and also have Citizenship of these new countries ...

It's not as simple as that. Say if it was India vs Australia (or any other country) and those students had cheered for Australia the reaction would not be what it is with India vs Pakistan. When there is a cricket tournament, it is not as important for the two to win the over all tournament as it is to make sure they do not lose from each other because when it is India vs Pakistan it is a matter of their religious/national honour.

India and Pakistan are not just mere cricket rivals but mortal enemies who have fought numerous wars. And this legacy does not just start from 1947 when the Indo-Pak border was created but has been going on since the day Sindh was conquered by the Muslims over a thousand years ago. That is what India vs Pakistan comes down to. It is much more than any other rivalry in any other part of the world between two nations. For Pakistanis and Indians it is a spiritual war i.e. Hinduism vs Islam. Battle of Tarain, 3rd Battle of Panipat and the recent Indo Pak wars/cricket matches are all a continuation of this centuries long contest between Islam vs Hinduism.