Sikhs Marrying Non Sikhs

Balait_da_Sher

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I think the point of marriage is more common sense than anything else... if you have a strong background in Sikhi, and you follow to the death the wisdom of your Guru, how can you marry someone who doesn't follow the same Rehat's of your Guru? How can you have children with someone who would want to raise the children without Sikhi?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

my first child was very religious but over religious went the other way and this is what happened and she married non sikh so whatever parents do to instal sikhi sometimes it doesnt happen the way you want. :D @

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree... sometimes it doesn't happen the way you want... but that doesn't make it right! :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

maybe you could help me how to stop daughter 2 from marrying non sikh even though daughter 1 has  i am at my wits end very unhappy she wants to marry this guy she is living with and in a hall HELP

Have you asked her Why she wants to marry this individual, rather than force your or rather the Soceities ideals upon her?

• 2 weeks later...

Param Singh ji,

The only help you can get will be from Guru Sahib.

Sometimes people don't realise their love for Sikhi, until they make mistakes. I'm one of those people. I never knew how much Guru meant to me until I was at the very pit of despair - Guru Sahib helped me.

You can never over educate a person on Sikhi, what you can do is an ardaas for Maharaj to have kirpa on you and your family.

Veer Ji, the life of a Sikh is much like the life of a driver who turns into a dead end - he see's the sign at the beginning of the road which clearly states "dead end" but still, man tells him "just drive down, you may see a side road" the driver continue's with his journey til he reaches the end and realises that he has to turn back.

Seldom people will look at the sign and park their car, most of us will continue to drive until we see for ourselves that we have to turn back.

Our Guru Sahib is so amazing, that those who turn back, he forgives, he takes them into his lap and loves them just the same.

My parents have always taught me the Sikhi way of life, but me, I thought the grass was greener on the other side, I continued to drive my car til the dead end but my parents never once said "what can we do" - they had bani on 24/7 they continued to keep their faith in Waheguru, and low and behold, here I am today, living proof that a person who has ultimate faith in Guru remain with him til the end.

The thing is, the minute you say "that's life, what can I do" you're admitting defeat - Guru's sikh does not ever do that.

You want help, turn to bani, turn to Maharaj and ask him for help - he will guide you, and y

our daughters - to say "what can I do" is just a cheap way out. Guru Sahib has given us a brain for a reason - it's up to us to utalise it.

A lot of Sikh-non Sikh marriages have worked, a lot haven't. Sanjog are written from Dur - a man cannot change them - but the journey a man can - taking naam and instilling it into your heart will show any Sikh the way...

Pul Chuk maaf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use