Advice For Sangat

Wingz23

A few years back I went through a phase where I used to feel like crap. I had many of the symptoms of depression. Mostly I used to feel tired and lethargic and didnt want to do anything, which started to affect work and family life, which adds to the stress and makes things worse. Buts its like a snowball effect.

I went to see a Doctor who diagnosed me as having depression. Which I didnt really agree with at the time because I know I'm a postive kinda person. Plus it was kind of stupid, the way Dr gave me a questionaire to fill and return with a week later. If I did have serious depression problem the Dr wouldn't help me until the following week? 'Oh you've got depression, here take these pills 3 times a day' he said. I decided not to take these pills which I could potentially get hooked on.

After doing a little research I realised what I thought was depression was really the results of years of a bad diet. There was too much sugar in my diet from fizzy drinks which was the main cause of me feeling crap. This is when I understood by what people mean when they say 'You are what you eat'.

I switched up my diet and stopped with the fizzy drinks, sweets, snacks and takeaways and started drinking pani and eating more fruit and veg. I soon started feeling different like I have more energy, feeling positive and happy because I have nothing to stress about because now I get everything done and don't hide away from stuff.

So yeah, basically if your going through what I went through: low moods, feeling hopeless, no motivation, aches and pains, lack of energy, trouble sleeping, not doing well at work, avoiding contact with friends and family - these are some symptoms of depression. Maybe you really have depression, but have a look at your eating habits and think about whether you need to change them. In my opinion and in my case these feelings weren't coming from outside but inside me after I had polluted my body with junk.

Wingz23,

I think that you are feeling gloomy therefore will suggest a make over.

Here are few suggestions

1. Change your profile pic, put your baby or childhood pic instead.

2. Laughter is the best medicine so start a topic where all can share something funny.

3. Good food makes people happy, treat yourself.

Recently had Tandoori Momos/Dim Sums you should try them they are yummy !

4. If you have a specific problem and want some suggestions then post anonymously in GUPT section.

That way readers can give unbiased advice.

Take care & God bless