A Question For All Singhs.

13Mirch

I'm not so sure but from what I've heard it is possible for the Indian Gov't too have background checks on those who visit India. For example NDP politcian Jagmeet Singh was denied visa to India due to his involvement in 1984 campaigns in Canada. So i am not really sure but indeed there are checks on people coming to India.

I'm not so sure but from what I've heard it is possible for the Indian Gov't too have background checks on those who visit India. For example NDP politcian Jagmeet Singh was denied visa to India due to his involvement in 1984 campaigns in Canada. So i am not really sure but indeed there are checks on people coming to India.

How profound are these? Do you have to be involved in something or do they persecute you for airing your personal views? I wonder if Brother Bijla Singh would know.

Was Jagmeet Singh denied entry due to his publicised involvement? He was quite a figurehead and they picked on him for that. But that's my personal assertion. I have a friend who has been to India only once and got caught up with the DalKhalsaUk page. Also aired a few viewpoints on facebook and got involved in debates with Hindus. Now he's washed his hands off all this and is focusing more on spirituality. He wants to go to India but is scared he might be detained at the airport because of his comments on fb.

Keep anonymous and there shouldn't be a problem. Don't ever give personal details on FB or other forums. He must be really scared if he's gone off the Meeri and now just concentrates on Peeri!

Problem is in 2012 he needed to get a Police Clearance Stamp from India for some bureaucratic purpose. He received it instantly. After that he was in the gurughar amongst Sangat and they all had a mass picture taken with Rajoana's letters in their hands. Than he debated with some idiots on fb. Received and accepted friend requests from weirdos. Had his own page. Than in late 2012 he changed, deleted everything, deleted these weirdos but they were authentic etc. Now he needs a PCC once again and has sent an application in. He is now very scared that due to some comments on fb and the page he might get snapped. As far as I am aware he only debated never made threats etc. That was back in 2012. Now it's 2014. Since late '12 he hasn't mentioned Khalistan or anything.

Was Jagmeet Singh denied entry due to his publicised involvement? He was quite a figurehead and they picked on him for that. But that's my personal assertion. I have a friend who has been to India only once and got caught up with the DalKhalsaUk page. Also aired a few viewpoints on facebook and got involved in debates with Hindus. Now he's washed his hands off all this and is focusing more on spirituality. He wants to go to India but is scared he might be detained at the airport because of his comments on fb.

Yeah I mean he was a big part of Sikh community in Canada talking about the Sikh genocide in Parliament (which probably pissed off Congress Party) and he is also a Sikh activist doing various events Sikhi-related. Jagmeet Singh is pretty well known so I guess if your not a big figurehead and don't have any anti-Indian agenda on the internet (fb,twitter,or youtube) your fine. If you do have Anti-Indian or Anti-Hindu rants on internet just get rid of it if your personally concerned that you'll get detained or who knows what. :strong:

Yeah I mean he was a big part of Sikh community in Canada talking about the Sikh genocide in Parliament (which probably pissed off Congress Party) and he is also a Sikh activist doing various events Sikhi-related. Jagmeet Singh is pretty well known so I guess if your not a big figurehead and don't have any anti-Indian agenda on the internet (fb,twitter,or youtube) your fine. If you do have Anti-Indian or Anti-Hindu rants on internet just get rid of it and if your personally concerned that you'll get detained or who knows what. :strong:

He's gotten rid off all that. It's been more than a year since he did that or even touched anything. He's very apologetic now. Even attended the local indian independence celebrations. ;)

Keep anonymous and there shouldn't be a problem. Don't ever give personal details on FB or other forums. He must be really scared if he's gone off the Meeri and now just concentrates on Peeri!

Do you really think they target people through the internet though? Or is it only the fb's of prominent activists which they check out and monitor?