Home Deco Advice

Big_Tera

Im redecorating a house. Im not sure what to do about the downstairs floors. I was either going to carpet the floors of i have heard about sanding the orginal floorboards which are suppose to look really good once done.

anyone got any ideas on what to do?

WJKK WJKF

If you got young kids pra, I'd go with carpet with underlining as it's good for kids when them learning to crawl and when they fall over. If not, wooden floor restrained is real nice, but alittle bit noisy and cold. You always end up getting a big rug in the middle anyway. Iv got young kids so got my dining room with oak flooring with a rug under the dining table, both living rooms with good thick carpet and underlayet and the hallway floor with high gloss tiles following all the way into te kitchen as it's more hygienic and easy cleaning however the high gloss tiles are a nightmare to keep shiny a stain free as you see every little mark on them and its a OCD overload!

WJKK WJKF

I really won't recommend you to mess anything with your hardwood floor. It is expensive (us) and cost almost same as getting new one (minus labor).

I was going to get all hardwood floor for my downstairs floor but then my contractor said not to do so because of my dogs (scratch). Then I decided to go for tough laminate flooring but that looks but cheap, so I didn't do anything. That was last month. Now we are planning to get top grade carpet.

No hard floors, if you have pets or you might get one later on.

Plus side of hardwood floors is that the resale value of hone gets big high bump.