The use of this forum

Guest noonespecial

Waheguru Ji

I have been observing this forum for the last few months and i have noticed that, more and more of the threads that have been added are more aimed at causing conflict than actually doing any good for anyone!

Sikhi is about forever learning, however the most important aim and objective is how to reach Almighty Waheguru!!

But i dont think i have seen one thread to state how can we reach SachKand.

Topics such as Reht Marayada are very important and of course should be discussed in order to provide guidance on how to live a Gursikh Jeevan

But what i really want to know is how and what we have to do to get to Sachkand??

There are many religions in this world, regardless of how they preach their aim is still one, to get to God.

But it seems that majority of people are more interested in how to get one over someone, "be the best" haomi and kaljug has taken the place of the most important goal.

We seem to concentrate on pointless topics such as caste gay/lesbians etc

I do ask the sangats forgiveness if i have offended or said something that is totally wrong and please do correct me if i am wrong?

Guru Rakha

Guest noonespecial

I kinda agree with you veerji,

Lately it seems the topics are not GURMAT oriented, but are more focused on what will draw the greatest amount of controversy. It's like Jerry Springer sometimes!

Plus, I've noticed the TONE of the posts seems to be a bit rude as well. We all say BHUL CHUK MAAF at the end of our posts but in the paragraphs before that a lot of people spend the whole time personally attacking other people.

Maybe we should take a weekend Sikhi Vacation. No one post for one weekend, and sit back and just relax a little bit. Then after come back to the forum with a renewed energy.

I dunno..

My two cents. rolleyes.gif

I do kinda agree with Charanpreet Singh who has picked up on it.

The beauty of this particular section has disappeared because all the literature and poems are now in a different section which doesnt look like it gets much of a look in compared to the general l Whats New? section.

First instinct for majority of users is to click on general section and see what goes on and because all the lit, poems, downloads are in their own sections, this section is left with politics n all that kinda cr.. stuff!

But still, i praise sikhsangat.com because if someone has the pyaass to learn about sikhi, this forum has ENOUGH information in its relevent sections that it does teach people a lot about Sikhi and it does spread a lot of good.

Bhul chuk maaf karna

What about starting a new section for gurbani definitions? I haven't really found anything extensive online.

Maybe one thread for each ukhar, and people could post a definition and a line from gurbani using the "word". I know this would really help me, because the extent of my gurbani vocabulary is thumbs_down.gif .

To tell you the truth.. I also don't like some stuff going on forum for several weeks.. We got to chill little bit.. & mainly focus on Positive side of some issues.. Im usually all stressed up by my social day schedule and it's pretty hectic and kinda boring of getting more stressed by reading some -ve posts/replies and all those jaatpaat threads and so on.. It seems like everybody comes down here and took their anger out on the forum tongue.gif which is good for them but not for other users.. Some time i just visit literature section and read the gubani tukks and shabads translations (ex: gurjeet kaur bhaenjee and gurpreet veer make it going on).. Maybe we got to look up @ good stuff from now on.. or least try to post some good stuff (like news, achievements and so on..)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with S1NGH. It has gotten kinda rough these last weeks. I think that the main part of this forum should be to discuss gurbani and the Sikh way of life.

If there is ever collisions (eg: the whole Jatt debate), then maybe a rule should be in place that every post must have at least one thuk from Gurbani to back it up... hopefully that way it will be a more open debate which focuses on Gurbani.

my 2 cents. :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sikhsangat has changed me so much and i like it but sometimes its just :D @......I guess its human nature though...there's always gonna be people who will try to justify what they think is right just so that they can force that onto others ...... but the worst part is that they even go to the extent to forget or ignore what Guruji says clearly about certain issues.......but anyways sikhsangat still the number 1 forum :wub: ....

maybe a rule should be in place that every post must have at least one thuk from Gurbani to back it up... hopefully that way it will be a more open debate which focuses on Gurbani.

hmmm then maybe some ignorant person might quote Gurbani wrong and then thats gonna start another 'session'..... wacko.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!