Kar Sewa Or Building Contract

Drummer

If two baba jis are fighting over one gurdwaras kar sewa and one gets it because of its political connections....is that still kar sewa or simply a contract. Anyways babaji will still promote and collect money from "posh" sangat as kar sewa. Who decides about kar sewa? Why building big buildings when Sikhs are getting smaller and smaller every day?

It's all business now. Both kar sewa babas are wrong. I personally experienced negativity fights between two main kar sewas babas.

Sgpc has weird relationship with all kar sewa babas. They like them because they gather ppl funds but do not spend them on kar sewa. They have babas who do the job on their own fundraising. Now sgpc wants to allot projects to big companies after those companies give under table money to sgpc main members or build their house free. Current langar hall of darbar sahib is under construction by company and bhaiya who smokes etc are working on it.

Kar sewa Concept is very unique and should be maintained at all costs.

I remember making a suggestion to an old Kar Sevak to acquire properties around Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib.

Gurdwara needs a bigger Sarai, Langar hall, Parking, Dispensary etc

He said it is quiet possible as most of the neighbours want to sell their holdings anyway.(all being kabza properties)

So I said why don't they go ahead & buy ?

Reply - they can't do anything on their own, had to follow orders from Dsgmc.

I thought then why are Kar Sevaks collecting funds directly from Sangat if they can't spend it on much needed expansion projects !

This shows no Sanstha or Organisation is independent they are all subservient to politicians.

Current langar hall of darbar sahib is under construction by company and bhaiya who smokes etc are working on it.

I'm sure that if this were true it would have bee brought to our attention by now.

No matter how stupid the SGPC can get, they would never allow anything like this to happen, and at Darbar Sahib of all places.

However the SGPC has started to give kar sewa to babas, for the good reason that,they don't have to pay for it themselves. the babas have to raise the money themselves, and that leaves the SGPC free to use/misuse the money they have.