A Missing Evil?

Jassika

Byproduct Of Moh towards the Body....Laziness previals because we do not wish to strain the body or the mind. The mind creates many excuses and we fall for them knowingly....the presuasion of the mind dominates our desire to do simran/bhagti. I am very much caught up in this Laziness...and it is very difficult for me atleast. Motivation in Sangat is a great cure but i haven't been able to attend any sangat for a while.

Byproduct Of Moh towards the Body....Laziness previals because we do not wish to strain the body or the mind. The mind creates many excuses and we fall for them knowingly....the presuasion of the mind dominates our desire to do simran/bhagti. I am very much caught up in this Laziness...and it is very difficult for me atleast. Motivation in Sangat is a great cure but i haven't been able to attend any sangat for a while.

oh ok that makes sense thanks pheena :wub:

thanks for the explanation pheena bhainjee

i suffer from laziness like a terminal illness .. it is really awful...

i never considered it a byproduct of attachment to your body but bhainjee's right

maybe also a byproduct of ego... when you become lazy to do something because you think you are too good to do it ...

and i definately suffer from it....

guru sahib kirpaa karan...

well I think one of the main roots of being lazy is being carefree and unmotivated. Not having a goal seems to be an evil too because usually just people without clear goals get into troublesome things like drugs, lust, partying, etc. Does not having goals fit in with the evils somehow too?

Ideal mind is devil's playground.. Laziness is the huge issue in youth.. i myself suffer from this stupid virtual disease.. my friends knows me how lazy i am tongue.gif

To beat the lazy part we need to have our schedule as boot camp ppls... LIke i always say we need a khalsa bootcamp where one who suffer from 5 evils can come and get treated.. Discipline is the must to beat the laziness out of your lifestyle and thats the reason why army guys are not lazy at all even at old age..

well I think one of the main roots of being lazy is being carefree and unmotivated. Not having a goal seems to be an evil too because usually just people without clear goals get into troublesome things like drugs, lust, partying, etc. Does not having goals fit in with the evils somehow too?

Khalsapreet ji, im a guy not a girl! :wub:

jass, no, not having a Goal is not evil. My question to you is what is evil?? Evil cannot exist without its couterpart Good. If there is good, there is evil. The nature of Duality. The duality recoganition is an elementry truth. To overcome (5) evils and be victorious in goodness is a goal in itself. The lack of effort and motivation to remove ourselves from this grasp is dependent upon us. Also remember that a Saint is beyond both good and evil. He is beyond Duality. He is neither good nor bad. All we have known is either one or the other, that is where being Judgemental comes from. To judge one, we must have a refrence point, and that is the other counterpart of duality. I am good, because there are those who are bad. Yet Guru Nanak dev ji says , "Na Hum Chungay, Nahi Koi Munntha". We walk from one end of the boat to another, but we are still in the boat. There

is a world which Buddha, Guru Nanak and Jesus speaks of which exists beyond both. Escape Duality as a whole...not just its counterpart.