Lets do a quiz on Sikhi

Simran9

sadhsangat ji,

considering recent events (threads), I think we should do a Quiz on Sikhi. tongue.gif

all u have to do is answer the question to the best of your ability/knowledge. and if u have a question which u think most ppl don't know about, plz post that also.

if I posted the wrong name in the questions, please correct me, i'm relying on memory for this.

so....

Question # 1:

Paintings of Guru Nanak Dev ji show him with a mala on his dastaar. How did he get that mala, from who, and why did he keep it on his dastaar?

Question #2

When Bhai Mati Das was readied to be sawed in half in front of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, he made a gupt benti/ardaas to Guru ji to give him sikhya on his moment of departure from the world. Guru ji replied to the gupt ardaas with a gupt reply. How did Guru ji convey his gupt answer to Bhai Mati Das ji, and what did that answer say to Bhai Mati Das ji?

lets see the answers now... :wub:

thanx for participating

^_^

Wawheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa sahib As far as I know Guru Sahib never used mala to do Naam Jaap? Do you think a Jot already united with Waheguru needs as Mala. i also read this in a Book on Naam Simran by Naam Abhiaysis.

I am not sure about the Maala in the turban, or may be guru sahib could have used Mala for other purpose but not Naam Jaap.

Painters just put their imagination regarding mata, some time back some was telling me that he has a picture where Bebe Nanaki is tying Rakhri to Guru sahib even though Sikhi is against rakhri.

For second question GuMukhs undersstand how Guru speaks to him/her, his consiouness is much above then us and is in resonance with the charan kama of Guru. That is why.

Bhull Chukk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

ok, looks like no one else knows the answer (or maybe they juz wanna lurk tongue.gif ).

I'll give you the whole story, and bolden the actual answer.

Question # 1:

Paintings of Guru Nanak Dev ji show him with a mala on his dastaar. How did he get that mala, from who, and why did he keep it on his dastaar?

Answer:

There was a really really poor couple who wanted to have darshan of Guru Nanak Dev ji and do his seva. They heard that Guru ji is coming by thier village so the man decided to ask Guru ji if he would do kirpa and visit their little chhapri too. Guru ji agreed and gave him date and time. The man went told his wife, and she made food from whatever little they had. She made dal subji then she left the kitchen to get flour to make parshaade. Her little baby son crawled into the kitchen and the floor was wet around the stove.....the baby boy slipped and went into the fire under the stove, as a result the baby burned badly and died. When the mother returned to the kitchen she saw her baby was dead. She quickly picked the burned up body of her boy and wrapped it in a blanket .But dhan jigra os maa da, she didn't cry a single drop of tear. Why? If she cries then the nieghbors will find out that her baby boy has died and they will tell Guru ji and

Guru ji won't come to thier house......then she won't be able to do his seva. The man returned home and she told him that thier son has died.....and she told him not to cry or the nieghbors will find out and then Guru ji won't come, and they won't be able to do his seva. The man said to his wife, don't worry I won't cry, juz worry about yourself that you don't cry.

So Guru ji came to thier little house, and the man sang Guru ji's praises, and they tried to look as happy as they could be. Then Guru ji asked them where is their little baby boy. They said he is asleep. Guru ji said go wake him up. They said they couldn't. He said go try to wake him up. They said Guru ji only you can wake him now, he won't wake up from us calling him. Guru ji said please go and see him, bring him. Finally they went in the other room and when they removed the blanket they saw the boy has no burn marks, and whats more, he's alive!

So the man asks Guru ji if he would do kirpa and visit them one more time. Guru ji agreed. Guru ji came again and when it was time for him to leave they asked him again if Guru ji would do kirpa and visit them one more time. Guru ji looked at their chhapri, he looked at their pyar and sharda, and agreed to come again.

Now the couple had nothing left to cook, they were poor, and no money to buy dal subji to make for Guru ji. They had nothing valuable, and the man was thinking even if we have to sell ourselves to get the money......that is ok, cuz we gonna do it to do seva of Guru ji. But the wife yanked some of her hair from her head.....and she made a maala out of it....she was very skilled and talented with making maalas. When the maala was ready she gave it to her husband and said, here take this and sell to a faqir, and buy dal subji with the money. Now Guru ji knew that they had nothing left to make food for him......so in disguise he meets the man who was going around trying to sell his maala. Guru

Ji (in disquise) says that the maala is very beautiful, I'll have it, what do you want in exchange for it? The man said I need money to buy food from the bazaar. So Guru ji went with him to the bazaar and bought food stuff for the man. The man came home and told his wife that he met a faqir who loved their maala and bought the food for him.

What did Guru ji do with that maala then? He didn't throw it away. He placed that maala on his dastaar, the way we see in paintings. Why? Because this maala was made from the kesh of a Sikh Bibi, and kesh is so important that it should never be disrespected.

Then the story kinda ended hear cuz thats all I heard in the keertan where I got this from :wub: . The point of the story was about pyar and sharda that Guru's Sikhs show for Guru ji.

Question #2

When Bhai Mati Das was readied to be sawed in half in front of Guru Tegh Bahadur ji, he made a gupt benti/ardaas to Guru ji to give him sikhya on his moment of departure from the world. Guru ji replied to the gupt ardaas with a gupt reply. How did Guru ji convey his gupt answer to Bhai Mati Das ji, and what did that answer say to Bhai Mati Das ji?

Most of you know this story of how it all happened and why so I'll keep it short cut.

Answer: So Bhai Mati Das ji did gupt benti to Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, in his benti he says that whenever I needed help/sikhya I would come in your charan and you would always give me your updesh. Now I'm going to leave the world so Guru ji please give me an updesh on this

final moment as well. Guru ji recieved the gupt benti and he repied with a gupt answer. Guru ji removed the kanga from his kesh and ran his finger across the teeth of the kanga. What did this mean? There were lots of body guards and security men there on behalf of Aurangzeb, but none of them understood what this meant. The gupt answer meant "look Mati Das, this is a cheap piece of wood that costs us do paise (2 cents) why do we place this kanga in our kesh over the dasam duar? This kanga is placed on a high spot, its given so much maan because this piece of wood had a saw sawwed through it. The wood sacrificed itself, and hence we give it maan by placing it on a high spot. Likewise Mati Das, if today you are sawwed in half like the wood you will recieve maan in lok and parlok."

Then Mati Das asked his executioners to saw him slowly because his Japji Sahib da paath needs to finish in that time. The executioners sawwed him slowly, at the end his two halves dropped to the ground but still the awaaz was coming from both halves "jinee naam Dhi-aa-i-aa ga-ay maskat ghaal. naanak tay mukh ujalay kaytee chhutee naal."

^_^^_^^_^^_^mellow.gif

Simran bhenji

Finally they went in the other room and when they removed the blanket they saw the boy has no burn marks, and whats more, he's alive!

Well as far as I know Guru sahib never reversed the Hukam of Waheguru. I don't know the source of this story,

But I would like you to read this,

http://www.sikhpoint.com/religion/sikhcomm...ity/atalrai.htm

The beloved son of Guru Hargobind, Baba Atal Rai left the earth and was cremated here. Atal Rai was a much beloved son of Guru Hargobind and was born in 1620. One day as young Atal Rai playmate was bitten by a snake and died. At seeing the boy’s family crying over his body, Atal Rai bought his friend back to life. When Guru Hargobind heard of the miracle he admonished his son saying that "How can anyone interfere with the ways of God?". Baba Atal Rai was so distressed at hearing his fathers reprimand that he withdrew to the side of Kaulsar pool and saying his prayers, lay down and gave up his life for the life that he had saved. The nine stories of the Gurdwara represent the nine years of Baba Atal's short life. Two great heroes from Sikh history Nawab Kapur Singh and Jassa Singh Ahluwalia were also cremated here.

Question #2

IF IT WAS GUPT , HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO KNOW ? :|