Sant Mahapursh

UsernameTaken

thank you for the pdf file :) i just looked through the content and i was like OMG :D :D BUT i'm still currently trying to finish reading through one of Bhai Sahib Bhai veer singh ji's books,,, i've nearly finished the first volume and still need to read the second!

So i waas hoping that if any gursikhs like you have read through these amazing books could share some saakiyan about sant/mahapurshs that you remember... (basically shared reading LOL ) ;-)

Very true, i agree with you veer, like the basics of sikhi guy says that if you follow humans your bound to find mistakes and your sharda may break so if you follow waheguru ji he is perfect = no disappointments.

But i enjoy reading/listening/knowing about sant maharpursh because i've always felt that saakhiyan of sant/mahapurshs usually stick in my head and act as a reminder through my life.

:)

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/pdf/Sant-Baba-Attar-Singh-Ji-Mastuana-Wale.pdf

You should definitely read this one as soon as possible because it shows that even after Guru Gobind Ji left us with GGS he is always been here with us through the tough times and gives darshan to those who earn his respect and blessings hence the story of Sant Attar Singh getting darshan of Guru ji. Its an amazing inspiring story only one of many but worth a read.

Guest Jacfsing2

A very beautiful topic started by our penjee, on which, some tuks of our beloved Guru Sahibans, the highest authorities, are being reproduced for the sangat :

Raag Aasaa: Fifth Patshahee:

tumhree kirpaa tay bha-i-o saaDhsang ayhu kaaj tumh aap kee-o.

By Your Grace, I have joined the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; You Yourself have caused this to happen.

Dhan so kalijug saaDhsang keertan gaa-ee-ai naanak naam aDhaar hee-o.

Blessed, in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, is the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, where the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises are sung.O Nanak, the Naam is my only Support.

Further on Fifth Patshahee tells us the secret for our liberation in Raag Soohee:

janam maran moh dukh saaDhoo sang nasai.

Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

jinh ka-o bha-ay Da-i-aal, tinh saaDhoo sang bha-i-aa.

They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful.

If still we have any doubts about the importance of Gurmukhs, Mahapurkhs or Sant Janas; Sachay Pathshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, elaborates for us some more lines on this topic in His Bani, in Raag Sorath:

sant parsaad har naam Dhi-aa-i-aa sarab kusal tab thee-aa.

By the Grace of the Saints, I meditate on the Lord's Name, and then, all comforts come to me.

*Why is this so? Why so much imporatnce of Sadh Sangat?

*Because:

santan bin avar na daataa bee-aa.

Without the Saints, there are no other givers

*O.k, thay are dataars, but of what?

*Of Grace, of Daya Meher, and because this their grace, we can do the real bhakti of Satnam; it is by being in their company, we stop manmukhta, and follow Gurmat in the true sense.

*That is why He says:

jo jo saran parai saaDhoo kee so paargaraamee kee-aa. rahaa-o.

Whoever takes to the Sanctuary of the Holy Saints, is carried across.

kot paraaDh miteh jan sayvaa har keertan ras gaa-ee-ai.

Millions of sins are erased by serving the humble Saints, and singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord with love.

*Because they stress only on His Kirtan, His Simran as means of one´s purification and liberation from the wheel of chaurasee ka chakar.

*And thus by singing His wadeeayee, His Simran, due to our Sadh Sangat , the result is as follows:

eehaa sukh aagai mukh oojal jan kaa sang vadbhaagee paa-ee-ai.

One finds peace in this world, and one's face is radiant in the next world, by associating with the humble Saints, through great good fortune

*And on top of all, we achieve of our goal:

agam agochar sad abhinaasee saran santan kee lahee-ai.

The inaccessible, unapproachable and eternally unchanging Lord is obtained in the Sanctuary of the Saints.

nirgun neech anaath apraaDhee ot santan kee aahee.

I am worthless, lowly, without friends or support, and full of sins; I long for the Shelter of the Saints

And for that very reason, Panchvee Patshahee in the end of this Shabad of His, proclaims that, we by ourselves are manmukhs, we are paapee, full of vikars, totally blinded by agyanta, and so we by our own efforts can never reach Him, that is why if board the ship of Naam, of which they are the Captain, we shall reach the shore safely.

Surely there are thousands of fake babeys, pandits, pakhandees out there, but, that does not mean, they are not genuine ones, though one or two in billions maybe ....

But if we pay attention to the Bani as mentioned above, we can never ever recognize some by our own selves, unless it is His Hukum for us.... It is He who puts us in their company, and for this very reason, I am going to rewrite the pricelss words above:

By Your Grace, I have joined the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; You Yourself have caused this to happen.

Christ also says something similar to Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, in the Bible:

"I have come to collect the marked sheep by my Father"

"Nobody can go to the Father except through me".

"I and the Father are one, he who has seeth me, has seen the Father."

Christ was a Sant Jan, a Gurmukh, like the Bhagats , the Guru Sahibans in the SGGS, though he came around 1300 years ago before First Patshahee, but we can see from His teachings, His words, the path to reach Him, does not change with time, it is eternal for all yugas, past, present or future.

We can see in His words, the same importance of Sadh Sangat, of Wahiguru, as well as the need of it for us as seekeres, as sikhs, as in the words of Fifth Patshahee´s.

Neither Christ was limited to the body, nor was Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, because in both of them(as well in all True Gurmukhs), the working Consciouss trascendental power, was of Naam or Shabad.

Sat Sree Akal.

P:S: No True Sant or Gurmukh ever comes to create any new religion, because their purpose is not to confuse us with outer unimportant things which have no value in His eyes, but to show us that aprat from Wahiguru Akal Purukh and His Naam, everything is perishable and naashvant.

So in their teachings , the only mahima to be found, is of Sant Janas, of His Naam and of Wahiguru Himself.

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" Jesus, "Your will is ever so sweet to me" Guru Arjun Dev Ji, huge difference. Jesus was a pakhandi baba, and Guru Sahib was the truth.

Guest Jacfsing2

A very beautiful topic started by our penjee, on which, some tuks of our beloved Guru Sahibans, the highest authorities, are being reproduced for the sangat :

Raag Aasaa: Fifth Patshahee:

Dhan so kalijug saaDhsang keertan gaa-ee-ai naanak naam aDhaar hee-o.

Blessed, in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, is the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, where the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises are sung.O Nanak, the Naam is my only Support.

Further on Fifth Patshahee tells us the secret for our liberation in Raag Soohee:

janam maran moh dukh saaDhoo sang nasai.

Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

jinh ka-o bha-ay Da-i-aal, tinh saaDhoo sang bha-i-aa.

They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful.

If still we have any doubts about the importance of Gurmukhs, Mahapurkhs or Sant Janas; Sachay Pathshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, elaborates for us some more lines on this topic in His Bani, in Raag Sorath:

sant parsaad har naam Dhi-aa-i-aa sarab kusal tab thee-aa.

By the Grace of the Saints, I meditate on the Lord's Name, and then, all comforts come to me.

*Why is this so? Why so much imporatnce of Sadh Sangat?

*Because:

santan bin avar na daataa bee-aa.

Without the Saints, there are no other givers

*O.k, thay are dataars, but of what?

*Of Grace, of Daya Meher, and because this their grace, we can do the real bhakti of Satnam; it is by being in their company, we stop manmukhta, and follow Gurmat in the true sense.

*That is why He says:

jo jo saran parai saaDhoo kee so paargaraamee kee-aa. rahaa-o.

Whoever takes to the Sanctuary of the Holy Saints, is carried across.

kot paraaDh miteh jan sayvaa har keertan ras gaa-ee-ai.

Millions of sins are erased by serving the humble Saints, and singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord with love.

*Because they stress only on His Kirtan, His Simran as means of one´s purification and liberation from the wheel of chaurasee ka chakar.

*And thus by singing His wadeeayee, His Simran, due to our Sadh Sangat , the result is as follows:

eehaa sukh aagai mukh oojal jan kaa sang vadbhaagee paa-ee-ai.

One finds peace in this world, and one's face is radiant in the next world, by associating with the humble Saints, through great good fortune

*And on top of all, we achieve of our goal:

agam agochar sad abhinaasee saran santan kee lahee-ai.

The inaccessible, unapproachable and eternally unchanging Lord is obtained in the Sanctuary of the Saints.

nirgun neech anaath apraaDhee ot santan kee aahee.

I am worthless, lowly, without friends or support, and full of sins; I long for the Shelter of the Saints

And for that very reason, Panchvee Patshahee in the end of this Shabad of His, proclaims that, we by ourselves are manmukhs, we are paapee, full of vikars, totally blinded by agyanta, and so we by our own efforts can never reach Him, that is why if board the ship of Naam, of which they are the Captain, we shall reach the shore safely.

Surely there are thousands of fake babeys, pandits, pakhandees out there, but, that does not mean, they are not genuine ones, though one or two in billions maybe ....

But if we pay attention to the Bani as mentioned above, we can never ever recognize some by our own selves, unless it is His Hukum for us.... It is He who puts us in their company, and for this very reason, I am going to rewrite the pricelss words above:

Christ also says something similar to Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, in the Bible:

"I have come to collect the marked sheep by my Father"

"Nobody can go to the Father except through me".

"I and the Father are one, he who has seeth me, has seen the Father."

Christ was a Sant Jan, a Gurmukh, like the Bhagats , the Guru Sahibans in the SGGS, though he came around 1300 years ago before First Patshahee, but we can see from His teachings, His words, the path to reach Him, does not change with time, it is eternal for all yugas, past, present or future.

We can see in His words, the same importance of Sadh Sangat, of Wahiguru, as well as the need of it for us as seekeres, as sikhs, as in the words of Fifth Patshahee´s.

Neither Christ was limited to the body, nor was Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, because in both of them(as well in all True Gurmukhs), the working Consciouss trascendental power, was of Naam or Shabad.

Sat Sree Akal.

P:S: No True Sant or Gurmukh ever comes to create any new religion, because their purpose is not to confuse us with outer unimportant things which have no value in His eyes, but to show us that aprat from Wahiguru Akal Purukh and His Naam, everything is perishable and naashvant.

So in their teachings , the only mahima to be found, is of Sant Janas, of His Naam and of Wahiguru Himself.

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" Jesus, "Your will is ever so sweet to me" Guru Arjun Dev Ji, huge difference. Jesus was a pakhandi baba, and Guru Sahib was the truth.

Paa Jee,

half truths are never good.

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" Jesus.

Isn´t there a contracdiction, in this sentence the way you have written it?

Why do you not mention that, He also said:

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing?

Let thy will be done.

When you say, Christ was a pakhandee, on what basis do you say so?

Whom or how did He cheat?

Did He not say : Love the Lord above everything, and thy neighbour as yourself.

Means, Wahiguru is above everything, and then respecting others as much as yourself, means, there should be no hatred just like that for anybody, neither we should cheat anybody, because if we are on the path of devotion to the Lord, morality is essential, otherwise no spiritual progress is possible.

In His teachings, He insisted much also to find the Lord within the body, and meditate on Naam to reunite our souls with Him.

You see, understanding esoteric meaning of the teachings of any faith is essential to first know about it, and then if anything is to be judged, it can be done with rationality.

Otherwise it is the same in sikhee, we have a lot of parrots, who have tons of words, but not even 1 gramme of it in practice.

They easily mix sikhee with politics, social gatherings, and rituals, and mistake that by that behaviour, they are very much sikhs, which is far from reality.

The Bani clearly says:

Awar Kaaj, tere kiteh na kam, mil Sadh Sangat, bhaj kewal Naam.

Let us ask ourselves sincerely, how many of do this implicitly?

Are we not pakhandees, in the sense, by professing being sikhs, while we do not follow the simple base line of Gurmat?

But to just condem anybody without any other reason than that of being of a different culture or race, is just fanatism or even fascism.

Someone who says to love the Lord above anything, I think that does make Him a pakhandee, other thing is, if He said, do not worship the Lord but me, and this we all know, He never said so.

So let us just stop accusing and judging anybody just like that, and creating fuss among the sangat.

There are many learned here, many more are naive or youngsters trying to find their way in life, and that is not a good conduct as humans, to fill somebody´s mind with poison.

But it seems, some enjoy creating controversies.

If something is not agreed, so what? We have to bear in mind, all of us do not have the same background, nor the same interaction with the world at different levels.

Questions can be asked in a normal tone and manners, and answers can be given.....

The thing is, we should not impose our opinions.

It is just normal to disagree. That does not end the world.

Give the opinions at the best, and leave it, there should be no hard feelings towards anybody, nor grudges ....

The wrong things which have been done throughout the history in the name of christian religion, is like everywhere else ....

What Christ told the people to do as per terms of devotion and spirituality, aboslutely nothing is done in that way ...

So He is not to be blamed, but only the mahamoorakhs manmukhs, and agyani people of the world ...

Stupid people forget the essence of the teachings, then, they start their own manipulation of that path, corrupting it with their ego, their agyanta, their manmukhta ... so naturally, what the original Sadh, Mahapurkh said, is lost out of sight....

This is the evil human nature, which can only be overcomed, by His Grace, and by putting into practice Gurmat into our daily lives at each moment, each second(this reffering, is loving the Lord above everything else, by having Him present at all times, through His Simran).

Sat Sree Akal.

Sant Karam Singh Ji Hoti Mardaan wale's sakhi below. It shows true spirit of sant sipahi.Many armies would allow their soldiers to loot conquered cities. But never Sikhs or Khalsa Army:

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2014/11/when-gursikh-saved-honour-of-muslim.html?m=1

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/pdf/Sant-Baba-Attar-Singh-Ji-Mastuana-Wale.pdf

You should definitely read this one as soon as possible because it shows that even after Guru Gobind Ji left us with GGS he is always been here with us through the tough times and gives darshan to those who earn his respect and blessings hence the story of Sant Attar Singh getting darshan of Guru ji. Its an amazing inspiring story only one of many but worth a read.

Thank you to both of you! May waheguru ji bless you... both saakiya are amazing :D exactly the type of things i'm looking for! :)

you guys should read this too-

The first time that Baba Nand singh did darshan of satguru nanak from Sri guru granth sahib jee, Baba Jawand singh jee ( rajajansee wale) were also present with Baba jee. They both made a promise that until Satguru Nanak Dev Jee Does not give darshan by becoming pargat from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee and eat the parshaada they had prepared for them, they would not eat anything. This event took place at the Saraghari Gurdwara Sahib. In this manner , for 6 long days they did not eat anything, but prepared parshaada for satguru everyday by doing continuous ardaas at the lotus charan of satguru jee. In such situation , they were on the verge of death , but both mahapursh did not give up , remembering Bhagat Ravidaas Jee's Bachan ' Ehu Janam Tumaare Lekhe.' Finally Parkash came from Satguru granth sahib and Sri guru nanak dev jee Gave their darshan to both mahapursh. Baba jee offered satguru jee their parshaada and guru sahib ate their food with much happiness and blessed both mahapursh. 1st guru sahib said to Baba jawand singh jee, ask for anything you want. Baba jawand singh ji replied 'whenever i do keertan, please bless me with your partakh darshan satguru jee!' Guru sahib Said ok, you will definatley get my darshan , but even those who even listen to your keertan , even they will get darshan. After Baba Jawand Singh jee had asked, it was Baba Nand Singh Jee's turn.

Guru sahib asked them, what do you want?

Very humbly, Baba ji replied, " Sache Paatshah ! i don't even know how to ask from you " ( Daas nu mangna nahee aunda!")

Guru Sahib Jee said; Bhai Nand Singh, you must ask for something.

Baba jee said - Just do one thing, make me yours! I dont need anything else.'

These were the bachans of Baba ji proving their absolute Piar, Prem, Bhaavna for Guru sahib.

When Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji walked up to Baba Nand Singh Ji and hugged them and said,

'' You said you didn't know how to ask for something, but you have just asked for everything''

'Je tu mera hoe, taa sabh jag tera hoe'

If you are mine, then the whole world will be yours...

Dhan Dhan Satguru Nanak Dev jee

Dhan Baba Nand singh jee Dhan Baba Jawand singh Jee

gur peeraa(n) kee chaakaree mehaa(n) kararree sukh saar

=> To work for the Guru, or a spiritual teacher, is terribly difficult, but it brings the most excellent peace.
dhan waheguru ji :)