Why Shouldn't Sikhi Have Missionaries?

ASKhalsa1

Good post everyone..lots of great ideas..Why can't leaders from sgpc,akj, taksal ,nihang ,akaali dal mann , missionary sit together and work out details of parchar?

I do sense lot of bureacacy ,red tapes,finger pointing between these groups. I think sooner we can drop these groups attachment better it is..for eg one can adapt taksal parchar secrets of parchar, questions and answers winning debates how gurmat is supreme yet have no attachment towards inter jatha taksal attachment type poltics.

Places like himachal where there are quite diverse advanced indic spiritual school of thoughts. There AkJ, SGPC, akaali daal, missionary parcharik simply got no chance..They will eat their rebuttals alive for breakfast..you need nihangs symbolism study ,Raj yog study from udasi, gurmat gyan study shared by taksal and nirmale to do parchar and win debates there.

It won't be easy. But it can be done

Places like himachal where there are quite diverse advanced indic spiritual school of thoughts. There AkJ, SGPC, akaali daal, missionary parcharik simply got no chance..They will eat their rebuttals alive for breakfast..you need nihangs symbolism study ,Raj yog study from udasi, gurmat gyan study shared by taksal and nirmale to do parchar and win debates there.

It won't be easy. But it can be done

Quite right. The Romans understood this when they attempted to convert conquered peoples to the worship of the Greco-Roman Pantheon, that by laying common ground and pointing out similarities between the two faiths people might be more easily coaxed into a conversion. I'm sorry to say that, as you pointed out, our more hard-line brothers are probably not the best people to impart the message, whereas institutions such as the Damdami Taksaal and the Nirmalas which have a grounding in Hindu texts and Ancient Indian literature as well as an understanding of the subtleties of argument and critical thinking, may be better equipped to reach out to Hindus. I don't see that there are many other alternative solutions to the issue, other than resorting to the bullying tactics or bribery perpetrated by Christian and Muslim proselytes, which I'm sure none of us want.

Quite right. The Romans understood this when they attempted to convert conquered peoples to the worship of the Greco-Roman Pantheon, that by laying common ground and pointing out similarities between the two faiths people might be more easily coaxed into a conversion. I'm sorry to say that, as you pointed out, our more hard-line brothers are probably not the best people to impart the message, whereas institutions such as the Damdami Taksaal and the Nirmalas which have a grounding in Hindu texts and Ancient Indian literature as well as an understanding of the subtleties of argument and critical thinking, may be better equipped to reach out to Hindus. I don't see that there are many other alternative solutions to the issue, other than resorting to the bullying tactics or bribery perpetrated by Christian and Muslim proselytes, which I'm sure none of us want.

There are Sikh missionaries in Punjab like Gurmat Gian Missionary who we all know have had some anti-panthic ppl come out from there but lets be serious SGPC Parchar committee has done what? Are there even Sikh Missionaries to go out of Punjab into other Indian regions? Literally, we're so unorganized. SGPC have the money and necessity to go out and do parchar to Hindus and train Sikhs to learn diff. languages to reach out and spread Gurmat but they can't even help the gareeb Sikhs in Punjab areas in the first place. It's so frustrating.