Behaviour During Akhand Patt

skaur8888

Not just in the west but also in India genders are seated in different areas ive never seen mixed gender seating in india

Every village Gurdwara in Punjab and even the Golden Temple itself has families sitting together. There was never any gender divide.

This segregation of the sexes was started by us in the west. It is a concept totally alien to Sikhi. Sums up the topsy turvy upside down world we live in: I go back to my pend in Punjab, in what is supposed to be a mysoginist backward place and I sit with my wife and children in the Gurdwara and eat langar with my wife and kids. I come back home to the supposedly forward thinking west and I have to sit away from my family when we should be receiving Guru's grace in bliss together as a family unit and i eat seperately too. This is the upside down world we're living in today. And then we wonder why the Sikh family unit is breaking down so much in the west. Perhaps rural country bumpkin Sikhs from Punjab could remind the western born Sikhs of the saying 'the family that prays together stays together'.

Every village Gurdwara in Punjab and even the Golden Temple itself has families sitting together. There was never any gender divide.

This segregation of the sexes was started by us in the west. It is a concept totally alien to Sikhi. Sums up the topsy turvy upside down world we live in: I go back to my pend in Punjab, in what is supposed to be a mysoginist backward place and I sit with my wife and children in the Gurdwara and eat langar with my wife and kids. I come back home to the supposedly forward thinking west and I have to sit away from my family when we should be receiving Guru's grace in bliss together as a family unit and i eat seperately too. This is the upside down world we're living in today. And then we wonder why the Sikh family unit is breaking down so much in the west. Perhaps rural country bumpkin Sikhs from Punjab could remind the western born Sikhs of the saying 'the family that prays together stays together'.

this is actually a good concept but i don't see it ever happening in the near future it would definatley strengthen family unit