World's Biggest Hotel To Open In Mecca

eduardo

A little article on the mindset of Isis:

"For Isis, only artefacts that involve a deity or worship must be destroyed. This also applies to shrines of saints because, according to the group’s cleric, they compromise absolute devotion to God. Such issues fall under so-called shirkiyat (polytheistic practices), a Salafi concept to justify crackdowns mostly on Sufi and Shia practices. Under this concept, clerics have the discretion to punish worshippers or destroy icons if they deem them to directly or indirectly compromise an exclusive belief in God."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/24/palmyra-syria-isis-destruction-of-treasures-feared

Guest Jacfsing2

A little article on the mindset of Isis:

"For Isis, only artefacts that involve a deity or worship must be destroyed. This also applies to shrines of saints because, according to the groups cleric, they compromise absolute devotion to God. Such issues fall under so-called shirkiyat (polytheistic practices), a Salafi concept to justify crackdowns mostly on Sufi and Shia practices. Under this concept, clerics have the discretion to punish worshippers or destroy icons if they deem them to directly or indirectly compromise an exclusive belief in God."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/24/palmyra-syria-isis-destruction-of-treasures-feared

They'd probably end polytheism through Dawah(Islamic preaching) in the long run over Jihad on innocents. "Live and Let Live"

They'd probably end polytheism through Dawah(Islamic preaching) in the long run over Jihad on innocents. "Live and Let Live"

So ISIS extending its sphere of influence will ultimately be a good thing in your estimation?

In order to achieve your long term objective of stopping people from worshiping at a grave, which as misguided as it is harms exactly no-one, you propose that it would be better for the Middle East to be overrun by monsters who execute people for the slightest trespasses?

The only thing ISIS will achieve in the long run will be to accustom the Arabs to horror and violence even more, and further immunize them against it. It can only make the Middle East a more violent a place than it already is.

I've long suspected if any of our misguided lot had the kind of power to topple regimes or the backing of an organisation who'd provide weapons and things of that sort, we'd see the darkness that resides in every man come to the fore in the name of Sikhi. But the vast majority of our people are too obsessed with wealth accumulation and social climbing to get their hands dirty in such ways. Plus, I doubt the modern breed of Sikh has the intelligence to balance his martial heritage (which is central to who we are) with the more cerebral aspects of our religion that require a patient hand and a loving heart. Like I said in another thread, it's all or nothing when it comes to us.

Guest Jacfsing2

So ISIS extending its sphere of influence will ultimately be a good thing in your estimation?

In order to achieve your long term objective of stopping people from worshiping at a grave, which as misguided as it is harms exactly no-one, you propose that it would be better for the Middle East to be overrun by monsters who execute people for the slightest trespasses?

The only thing ISIS will achieve in the long run will be to accustom the Arabs to horror and violence even more, and further immunize them against it. It can only make the Middle East a more violent a place than it already is.

That's not what I said at all, I assume you misread what I said or you don't know what Islamic terms mean. Dawah-Islamic missionaries spreading their faith like Christians do.

Jihad-Islamic term for killing people: what I said was they have a better chance of spreading Islam through preaching than killing innocent people.

That's not what I said at all, I assume you misread what I said or you don't know what Islamic terms mean. Dawah-Islamic missionaries spreading their faith like Christians do.

Jihad-Islamic term for killing people: what I said was they have a better chance of spreading Islam through preaching than killing innocent people.

I misunderstood you, I am sorry.

Nonsense.

Isil have destroyed so many religious sites sacred to Islam.

Isil believe that any grave of any Islamic saint should be smashed because it is a form of idol worship.

Any grave, any image of any saint, any mosque that doesn't agree with their interpretation, any shrine, any relic of the past will all be destroyed if they have their way.

The land will become desolate of any religious relic and any history, no paintings, no art, no music, nothing.

All that will remain will be an atmosphere of terror and a fear that you will become the next victim of their murderous rampage, even if you yourself are a member of Isil.

It's a bit like Stalin or Chairman Mao only on steroids and sanctioned by God.

Truly terrifying.

That's because they think Shia are not muslims. They preserve Sunni things. Idol, or worshipping of graves is forbidden in Islam so not sure what your point is.

AGAIN I say I do not condone their actions as they mistreat others and even their own. The spread of ISIL is worrying, they are demented, barbaric, and have one vision. No care for the life of humans or love.

They preserve Sunni things.

I'm beginning to suspect, Pakandi baba, that you don't know how to read. Twice now you've said the same thing and 3 times on this thread you've been told to go and read the actual Guardian article. You go away...don't read the article....and come back and say the same thing again. :surrender: