As someone who is not sure and hasn't the opportunity to ask at my local Gurdwara, I was wondering if there was any instances of beadbi and punishment of beadbi during any Guru's physical lifetime?

This, if any, would serve as a precedent, where today it is assumed that beadbi must be countered/punished almost immediately.

Pls keep this civil, if someone asks a question or answers with loose wording just overlook it and answer the point rather than correct the grammar/context.

We are all children and make mistakes by the minute.

Majority of the posters here are little kids who either were raised by a paapu family who find justice in being chalak or by those who go straight to aggression. Sikhi holds a view to balance the response by voicing and/or using the sword to deal with beadbi. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji used both in the same war.

Now if I comment on this....iI'll be the aggressor and will be deemed to have attacked you. Which is why I've begged for just one discussion on the forum where we discuss what's written on the screen and not what your imagination was decided was said. My posts are now being moderated before being shown yet, my parents and their methods of raising me are apparently fair game for discussion. Even if that comment is not about me, to make a sweeping generalisation of anyone's upbringing whilst claiming to be an enlightened soul...is a mockery of Guru jis teachings.

The response by the Gurus depended on the circumstances. The earlier Gurus would voice justice and after Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji the response was to give justice by killing and verbally speaking out. Again it depended on what, who, and in what frame of mind the beadbi was done.

I have a feeling this discussion will turn into undermining the use of the sword to handle beadbi in favor of staying silent and doing nothing. Majority of the posters here are little kids who either were raised by a paapu family who find justice in being chalak or by those who go straight to aggression. Sikhi holds a view to balance the response by voicing and/or using the sword to deal with beadbi. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji used both in the same war.

Hi Akalifauj, been a while bro :)