Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

That is where you are getting at because at the moments many Sikhs celebrate chrsitmas but not sikh festivals. you must have your head in trhe sand if you dont realise this.

Thats were Sikhs are going wrong.

I think you need to stick to your Cartoons. You are not a Sikh that we need to take example from.

Most I know still celebrate diwali, attend nagar kirtan/gurdwara for vaisakhi, and put up the trees. I do not support support completely discarding our own history, but I don't support isolating ourselves from mainstream UK/N.A society.

Guest Jacfsing2

That is where you are getting at because at the moments many Sikhs celebrate chrsitmas but not sikh festivals. you must have your head in trhe sand if you dont realise this.

Thats were Sikhs are going wrong.

I think you need to stick to your Cartoons. You are not a Sikh that we need to take example from.

You're just being rude to everyone right now, is that very Sikh-like?

Most I know still celebrate diwali, attend nagar kirtan/gurdwara for vaisakhi, and put up the trees. I do not support support completely discarding our own history, but I don't support isolating ourselves from mainstream UK/N.A society.

I dont actually understand your post. At the moment many Sikh dont celebrate their own Sikh festivals yet celebrate Christmas enthusiastically. Yet you say this is not a problem?

then you mention diwali?? care to expand??

why dont you admit your another whitified Sikh that is for christian festivals but not Sikhism.

lol k. rather than answer that innocent question feel free to hide behind petty insults. I never said I was a sikh people should look up to, but if people follow you're line of thought we'll end creating a community of isolated fools who are hardly aware of the world around them let alone able to help it like we were instructed by our Guru Sahibs.

But since you are probably going to brand me as racist I might as well explain myself. You use the word Whitified in a very racist context You could say Westernized as it encompasses everything that the western world has produced, both good and bad. The word (which isn't even a word from what I know) Whitified is extremely racist as it paints White people as being the absolute bane of the world. Rather than trying to tell me im a bad Sikh or even a bad person (which I have no doubt I am) I would ask you should consider everything your doing. So far all you've pointed out is you're super pissed PUNJABI culture is dying. Most of your posts resonate with the same frequency as the older generation which are now complaining as most modern day people seem to have a very guarded approach to Punjabism which they don't feel the need to associate with.

Sikhism is universal, It's a modern and evolving culture and way of life. Unlike the Quran we're not confined to a set of rules laid out thousands of years ago. Gurbani is eternal and provides us a perfect guideline to which we can live our lives IN ANY SOCIETY without isolating ourselves. As you seem to want us to do.

I do not use whitified as a racist context . This is your own foolish assumption. I don not paint out white people as the bane of society. this is another foolish assumption. I do not think we should isolate ourselves. But why follow other race customs just to please the white man? You seem like the typical whitified Sikh that is has been brainwashed into the western society.

At the moment many Sikhs are leaving Sikhism and marrying christians.

The reason?

The above foolish people who have no sence.. You will realise one day how foolish your all are. :biggrin2: when your kids marry white people and leave Sikhism.

I stand by my entire topic and posts and theres is nothing anyobody says will make me change my mind. :biggrin2:

I do not use whitified as a racist context .

Then why not use Westernized? :)

I don not paint out white people as the bane of society.

No but you're happy to paint them in a totally negative light lmao.

I dont not think we should isolate ourselves.

but here you said

Why should I assimilate to the british culture?

Assimilation isn't necessary becoming, its absorbing and becoming a part of. Not becoming just like the culture. There are aspects of Western Culture that correlate fine with Sikhism, there are others which don't. Such as when the Irish first migrated here during the potato famine of the 1840-1850s they still took part in many of their traditional roots but at the same time tried their best to play the part of being good neighbors with the natives.

The above foolish people who have no sence.. You will realise one day how foolish your all are. :biggrin2: when your kids marry white people and leave Sikhism.

Cool story. So what about those White Sikhs, are they not sikhs then lmao.

At the moment many Sikhs are leaving Sikhism and marrying christians.

In the UK? the problem nearly isn't as big as you're painting it. The current generation is far more aware of Sikh traditions than their grandfathers. And to answer your OP, most of the problems you mentioned occurred when the older generation migrated here. There's a nice growing trend of people actually EMBRACING Sikhism more in our present state.

Why not change your name to something meaningful and of your heritage such as SinghPunjab or Singhlion

From here you made it pretty apparent this is a rant is more about Punjabi culture lmao. You seem more concerned with Asceticism than actual Sikhism. You're more than happy to criticize others and brand them foolish when you're own narrow shortsightedness is preventing you from actually seeing all the good that is at-least trying to flourish here.

You claim you don't use it in a racist context but words like "white" or even "brown" can easily be avoided by terminology like "western" or even "asian". But it's clear you DON'T want to do any of that. From anyone perspective this is clearly just a rant about race rather than anything else. You're not pissed that Sikhism is as you claim "dying" you're pissed that Punjabism is dying.

Kira as I said before just stick to your cartoons. Your nothing but a white washed Sikh. And my comments have hit a nerve with you. Its okay. you can still continue with your white washed lifelystle. Just dont try and drag other Sikhs with you. :biggrin2:

As for your defination of my post. I dont have a clue what you are talking about. You sound like a deluded and confused person. That is confused about his identity. I suggest you get back to your morris dancing and celebrating your christian festivals and leave other Sikhs to continue with their faith. :biggrin2:

Guest Jacfsing2

Kira as I said before just stick to your cartoons. Your nothing but a white washed Sikh. And my comments have hit a nerve with you. Its okay. you can still continue with your white washed lifelystle. Just dont try and drag other Sikhs with you. :biggrin2:

As for your defination of my post. I dont have a clue what you are talking about. You sound like a deluded and confused person. That is confused about his identity. I suggest you get back to your morris dancing and celebrating your christian festivals and leave other Sikhs to continue with their faith. :biggrin2:

Why are you continuously insulting Kira for absolutely no reason at all? You have nothing logical to say so your just going to have to insult him? Kira has not once insulted you, yet you do the same continuously.

I dont actually understand your post. At the moment many Sikh dont celebrate their own Sikh festivals yet celebrate Christmas enthusiastically. Yet you say this is not a problem?

then you mention diwali?? care to expand??

why dont you admit your another whitified Sikh that is for christian festivals but not Sikhism.

Whats to not understand? I said they still celebrate Sikhi holidays, such as diwali, and they ALSO celebrate christmas. Perhpas the people you know only celebrate Christmas, but your circle doesn't speak for all 30 million Sikhs.

Why the fukk would I admit that? Have you not read anything I said? "I do not support support completely discarding our own history, but I don't support isolating ourselves from mainstream UK/N.A society" is that so hard to understand, you goof? Stop emotionally jumping to conclusions.