Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Whtified

Big_Tera

Ya lol its kinda dum. I know tons of whote washed apne but its a way bigger problem amoung girls though. I know a few that do the whole secret santa clause thing during christmas and it just makes me cringe. Only reason i can think of is infetiority complex. And the whole tv thing i agree that western tv is trash and immoral. If you have little children, nephews nieces cousins ect keep them away fromit

But is that really so bad? Its just having some fun, exchanging some gifts, we're living here, we cant absolutely forever refuse to join mainstream society. This is a harmless practice, so I don't see it as a problem, we've got bigger problems like interreligion marriages, corrupt committes taking advantage of laws here, and more. If we show we're not going to behave like UK muslims, and mix in, racism will be a lot smaller of an issue for our people.

The whole gift giving thing is pretty harmless but its the reasons behind it that r iffy. Also we dont c white people really partaking in our festivals either unless its gettong bags full of free chips n pizza at nagar keertan but ya mixing in is good but to a certain limit.

I dont care about what sports you watch, what extra festovals u do but i do care if u start adopting the mainstream western values that are just harmful to us like feminism, lgbt support, ect.

Whatbi noticed is that the first gen of apney who were born im western countries were more white washed due to low nums the next gens should b more desi cos thet populations increase more i dont know why this isnt the case and the uk.

Do punjabis in uk have there own accent? I mean in canada most brown guys talk in a surrey jack accent which is diff from how white ppl talk is there anything similar in the uk?

The whole gift giving thing is pretty harmless but its the reasons behind it that r iffy. Also we dont c white people really partaking in our festivals either unless its gettong bags full of free chips n pizza at nagar keertan but ya mixing in is good but to a certain limit.

I dont care about what sports you watch, what extra festovals u do but i do care if u start adopting the mainstream western values that are just harmful to us like feminism, lgbt support, ect.

Which reasons are those? The people I see doing it, seem to have 0 religious intentions. I feel like Christians have had their holiday hijacked in a way. But its us that have been let into their country, we've got to make the first step, none the less at schools with punjabi students, I see tons of teachers and white students dressing up in suits and whats not during holidays. Or trying do "the bhangra" as they say lol.

Whatbi noticed is that the first gen of apney who were born im western countries were more white washed due to low nums the next gens should b more desi cos thet populations increase more i dont know why this isnt the case and the uk.

Do punjabis in uk have there own accent? I mean in canada most brown guys talk in a surrey jack accent which is diff from how white ppl talk is there anything similar in the uk?

Would you guys consider a guy/girl who is fully fluent in punjabi, visits the gurdwara often, but does "secret santa," eats turkey, puts up a christmas tree etc, as being white washed?

And yeah, you albertans and some bramptonians sure do like copying the surrey style :p

Badla, If you want to do secret santa, eat turkey, and put up a Christmas tree by all means do it.

But some Sikhs dont want to eat meat and all all the above. we would rather celebrate our own Sikh festivals. And stick to our religious beliefs. Its all about setting a good example to our youth, ie the girls and boys.

Sorry if you find that offensive.

Badla, If you want to do secret santa, eat turkey, and put up a Christmas tree by all means do it.

But some Sikhs dont want to eat meat and all all the above. we would rather celebrate our own Sikh festivals. And stick to our religious beliefs. Its all about setting a good example to our youth, ie the girls and boys.

Sorry if you find that offensive.

I'm not offended at all lol, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I don't care if others do. Why is it we can't celebrate a holiday that has lost basically all religion meaning, and still celebrate our own religious holidays? Do you oppose Sikhs celebrating Canada Day and 4th of July?

I'm not offended at all lol, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I don't care if others do. Why is it we can't celebrate a holiday that has lost basically all religion meaning, and still celebrate our own religious holidays? Do you oppose Sikhs celebrating Canada Day and 4th of July?

You dont care about Sikhs who celebrate Christmas but dont celebrate their own Sikh festivals? :biggrin2:

Where did I say that lol?

That is where you are getting at because at the moments many Sikhs celebrate chrsitmas but not sikh festivals. you must have your head in trhe sand if you dont realise this.

Thats were Sikhs are going wrong.

-cough- so those sikhs who are Caucasian by birth, are they less whitified

I think you need to stick to your Cartoons. You are not a Sikh that we need to take example from.