Time To Choose

singhbj singh

After reading the news article, I must say I'm impressed with the way that north Americans have kept alive the olde English terms and words that the pilgrim fathers / founders of america took with them when they left England. Of course we English do sometimes use the archaic word 'riding' to refer to an electoral constituency but usually, these days, only as an historic nod to it's definition of a path dividing woodland, thus villages....thus different 'constituencies'. Its really nice to see Canadians still using this middle english word in a modern setting.

Guest Jacfsing2

Wouldn't you want to know where he stands on issues such as the welfare state, free healthcare, foreign policy, education, care of the elderly, public services etc first ????

If he was a non-Sikh, I would consider his politics, but because he has Guru's kirpa, and blessings I'll ignore the normal rules. I believe only Guru's Sikhs should be allowed to rule as Guru Sahib said that Sikhs should rule.

If he was a non-Sikh, I would consider his politics, but because he has Guru's kirpa, and blessings I'll ignore the normal rules. I believe only Guru's Sikhs should be allowed to rule as Guru Sahib said that Sikhs should rule.

OK, so let me get this straight: Even if this man stood on a platform of closing down libraries, cutting expenditure on health and education, corporal punishment, exterminating the poor, spending billions on wars in Iraq, gassing Jews, banning breasfeeding and banning cycle lanes you'd still vote for him purely because he has a long beard and dastar ?????

Guest Jacfsing2

OK, so let me get this straight: Even if this man stood on a platform of closing down libraries, cutting expenditure on health and education, corporal punishment, exterminating the poor, spending billions on wars in Iraq, gassing Jews, banning breasfeeding and banning cycle lanes you'd still vote for him purely because he has a long beard and dastar ?????

No, they have to be specifically Amritdhari for this exception.

No, they have to be specifically Amritdhari for this exception.

So as long as a politician is Amritdhari like Badal then his stance on (as Jagsaw said) closing down libraries, cutting expenditure on health and education, corporal punishment, exterminating the poor, spending billions on wars in Iraq, gassing Jews is of no consequence to you?