Who Is Sehajdhari Sikh And Who Is Patit

JSinghnz

Maybe you are unaware of the fact that keshdhari was historically the same as amritdhari. See Rehatnama Chaupa Singh of the 18th century which divides the Khalsa in Keshdhari (Amritdhari) and Sahajdhari alone. The 'third' division of Keshdharis came into being much later. Rehatnamas exist which clearly condemn persons who have Kesh and do not take Pahul. Reference: "dharey kesh pahul bina bhekhi muda sikh". A Sikh who keeps kesh but does not take Pahul is an imposter.

Sahajdharis were allowed to cut kes but encouraged to assimilate into the Khalsa by themselves taking Amrit at one point, initiating their children or marrying into Khalsa families (see Bhagat Ratnavli - 1721 & Rehatnama Chaupa Singh - 1764).

No wonder these rehitmamas have been rejected by the Panth and definition given and passed under the Gurudwara Act stand.

The so called Rehats you refer to from 1925 and the Sikh Rehat Maryada finalized in the 1940s was based on a study of 37 Rehatnamas, so think twice before you say the Rehatnamas are rejected in its entirety by the Panth.

The best of all was incorporated and the present Sikh Rehat Maryada was agreed by the Panth and hence the definition I have given is the one which is valid.

The best of all was incorporated and the present Sikh Rehat Maryada was agreed by the Panth and hence the definition I have given is the one which is valid.

Whole Panth? Don't think so. Read some history.

'Keshdhari' is a recent phenomena, this was looked down upon in the past (i.e. being ready for Amrit physically but not taking as is stated in the Rehatnama Daya Singh for example). The only division in panth was Keshdhari and Sahajdhari (as noted in Rehatnama Chaupa Singh), let me quote an example from the Rehatnama:

"In the early morning the Gursikh, whether Kes-dhari or Sahaj-dhari, should bathe or [at

least] perform the five ablutions. Let him then recite Japjifive times..."

Please note that I do not deny that our historical sources are not infallible but a general reading of them all helps us to construct a view on several key issues. If we discard every source out there because it contains 'blasphemous' statements we will have no way to write our history or Rehat as it is based on our past written sources.

Provide the Hukam where Guru Sahib allowed any type of Sikh to cut hair; sehajdhari, amritdhari, gursikh, sant.

Read Bhagat Ratnavli (1721), Rehatnama Chaupa Singh (1764) and dozens of Persian and English sources like the Ibratnama, Sketch of Sikhs all dating from the 19th century for the existence of sahajdharis (who did not keep kesh).

Whole Panth? Don't think so. Read some history.

'Keshdhari' is a recent phenomena, this was looked down upon in the past (i.e. being ready for Amrit physically but not taking as is stated in the Rehatnama Daya Singh for example). The only division in panth was Keshdhari and Sahajdhari (as noted in Rehatnama Chaupa Singh), let me quote an example from the Rehatnama:

"In the early morning the Gursikh, whether Kes-dhari or Sahaj-dhari, should bathe or [at

least] perform the five ablutions. Let him then recite Japjifive times..."

Please note that I do not deny that our historical sources are not infallible but a general reading of them all helps us to construct a view on several key issues. If we discard every source out there because it contains 'blasphemous' statements we will have no way to write our history or Rehat as it is based on our past written sources.

What part is that you do not understand that only the present Sikh Rehat Maryada which was decided by the entire Panth at that time is valid not the others who you are again and again harping on.

Read Bhagat Ratnavli (1721), Rehatnama Chaupa Singh (1764) and dozens of Persian and English sources like the Ibratnama, Sketch of Sikhs all dating from the 19th century for the existence of sahajdharis (who did not keep kesh).

Do you know how to read. Just answer the question Alkali Fauj asked you and stop beating around the bush.

Stop being a fool and read what I write. Those sources I mentioned state sahajdharis are not bound by the Kesh rehat.

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is not accepted by many Panthic groups, Bhindranwaley walked out and so did many other Panthic GurSikhs. Just like Panth added a Fifth Takht in the 1960s we, as a Panth, are allowed to amend the wrong definition of Sahajdhari in the present SRM.

A Gursikh may remove his [body] hair with scissors if he is a Sahaj-dhari, but he must
leave his facial hair untouched. [Do not touch the face] because that is what people see [and
that is how a man is recognised as a Sikh]. (Rehatnama Chaupa Singh)

A Kes-dhari Gursikh should never remove his body hair and [both Kes-dhari and
Sahaj-dhari] should leave their pubic hair untouched if living as family men (grahst). Do not
let [your hair] remain filthy. (Rehatnama Chaupa Singh)

[The Guru] decreed, bearing his specific imprint: "It is excellent for you who are
Sahajdhari Sikhs to maintain the appearance of Kesdharis. If that is not possible
you should [at least] keep at an acceptable length. Should a Kesdhari do this,
however, he is not a Sikh. (Bhagat Ratnavli)

Stop being a fool and read what I write. Those sources I mentioned state sahajdharis are not bound by the Kesh rehat.

The Sikh Rehat Maryada is not accepted by many Panthic groups, Bhindranwaley walked out and so did many other Panthic GurSikhs. Just like Panth added a Fifth Takht in the 1960s we, as a Panth, are allowed to amend the wrong definition of Sahajdhari in the present SRM.

Stop being a clown and stick to the topic.

SRM will never be amended and Sahajdharis have no relation to patits and never will.

A Gursikh may remove his [body] hair with scissors if he is a Sahaj-dhari, but he must

leave his facial hair untouched. [Do not touch the face] because that is what people see [and

that is how a man is recognised as a Sikh]. (Rehatnama Chaupa Singh)

A Kes-dhari Gursikh should never remove his body hair and [both Kes-dhari and

Sahaj-dhari] should leave their pubic hair untouched if living as family men (grahst). Do not

let [your hair] remain filthy. (Rehatnama Chaupa Singh)

[The Guru] decreed, bearing his specific imprint: "It is excellent for you who are

Sahajdhari Sikhs to maintain the appearance of Kesdharis. If that is not possible

you should [at least] keep at an acceptable length. Should a Kesdhari do this,

however, he is not a Sikh. (Bhagat Ratnavli)

Keep reading this nonsense as no Sikh does.