Singh Is Bling

guptsinghji

I'm sure the influence is there but c'mon, lets be realistic here.

Muslims in india are least hinduized people amongst all minorities. One of my hindu friend was also complaining about how Muslims are always hell bent on keeping their unique identity. You can tell when you enter an area where Muslims live. You'll see difference in manners of people, dress, girls/women with kajal in their eyes, hijabs, halal shops, and so on.

Globally, Islamic World is probably the most traditional/independent civilization standing with its own unique culture, traditions, laws, religion, life-style, dressing-style, and so on. All other civilizations (including western) have succumbed to globalization (which was taken to peaks by Western world itself). Since Islamic Civilization is so gigantic, powerful, and global, it can sustain itself and afford to keep its own identity/culture/civilization more than any other peoples/culture out there (West, offcourse vastly more powerful willingly (or may be shortsightedly) opened itself to flood of foreign-ization of its culture. But that's another debate). Islamosphere is a world within a world! That's why it is referred to as "Islamic World"...

Even in West, Muslims don't assimilate like other people do but rather, generally, try to keep their own culture, traditions, life-styles, dress codes, and so on while integrating into wider society through learning local languages and establishing Western-style institutions. Often, people don't understand the difference between integration and assimilation. Integration is necessary. Assimilation is a choice. We Sikhs must understand this!

Sikhs in india are much, much are hinduized than Muslims. My argument is not to emulate Muslims (As a community, we have nothing in common in scale or size, or supremacist ideology of Islam which is not merely a religious way of life but rather a complete civilizational force having social, economic, military, legal, religious, and political aspects to it). My argument is that Sikhs in India do not even know that they are being hinduized. They just "accept" films like Singh is King, Singh is Bling, and even feel HAPPY with their Indianized-identity being carved out by the Indian institutions, education system, and bollywood--all in the hindu the image.

I can understand that you Pakistanis like to think very highly of the Ummah. But don't expect the same from non Muslims, especially Sikhs who have suffered holocaust after holocaust at the hands of the Ummah. I have literally been all over India from North to South and have seen Indian Muslims. They are not what you are trying to portray them. Maybe where Muslims live in large numbers they have preserved their distinctiveness but where they live in small numbers they have largely assimilated. Muslim areas like in Delhi are always dintictive from the rest for the fact that poverty, backwardness, crime are rampant.

Interestingly I have noticed one thing. Where there is high Muslim concentration, they begin to make life for non Muslims unbearable where they start to become fearful of their lives and where their Bahu Betis become a target of harassment.