Regrets

Guest gupt

I made a decision many years ago, ever since I made it I am regretting it. I know we can't change the past but I keep running different scenarios in my mind on how the outcome could have been different if I tried different things. I try to forget and move on by listening to kirtan and path but I can't stop regretting how things turned out. The problem I'm having is that it was 8 years ago and for some reason I can't get over it. How do we get over regretful thoughts?

I made a decision many years ago, ever since I made it I am regretting it. I know we can't change the past but I keep running different scenarios in my mind on how the outcome could have been different if I tried different things. I try to forget and move on by listening to kirtan and path but I can't stop regretting how things turned out. The problem I'm having is that it was 8 years ago and for some reason I can't get over it. How do we get over regretful thoughts?

Have you had any counselling or talked to a professional about it?

I think that would be a good thing as that's what they are there. Your thoughts are stuck and its stopping you from moving on.

I'm not sure which country you are from, but the doctor can refer you to a counsellor or another professional to help with this. One also needs to seek help from professionals too as we live in a gristhi jeevan. It can't do no harm, only help or nothing.

There are some good tools that can help with the cognitive side of things.

Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption. I planned each charted course, each careful step along the by-way. And more, much more than this, I did it... on my terms.

This is a nice poem, did you write it yourself?

Guest Jacfsing2

The best advice is to talk about your issues with someone important to you whoever that may be, just don't let it eat your spirit. Whatever it was, it can be forgiven.

I dont believe in regret, I feel everything leads us to where we are and we have to just jump forward, mean well, commit and just see what happens. ― Angelina Jolie

Nice words.

Sochde Sochde, Pashtava hi rehjana,,

Kara je na kara,

Pashtava hi rehjana,

Galat kadam je chukea, ronde ronde bhejana,

Fir is dunia ch aake, karma nu bhogan pejana...

Waheguru sahi raste paavi, ke twada naam lehn jogi rehjava. . . - Myself

Guest Always free

I made ALOT of bad decision 8 yrs ago and have regretted them badly, my life got to a point where i just wanted to die. But you need to accept that everything happens for a reason, and that we get what we deserve.

If u made a bad decision, try and fix it and start making good decisions. Have good sangat, dont hang out with losers, be happy, do what you want to do and what makes you happy. Were always free, we just for the most part, build our own cages and walls.

break them down and do something about it,