Lets Not Blame Sikh Leaders

Big_Tera

Take for example Pakistan it is a muslim country every part of life is governed by Islam. So is it any wonder these people stick and practice their faith more then other secular countries.

Actually thats not how it is at all. I've been to Pakistan. Its not like Luton or Bradford etc. Its actually fairly rare to see teenage girls in a hijab and extremely rare to see middle aged ladies in one. In fact, the thing that strikes you most when you visit there is how all the women look exactly the same as they do in Indian Punjab. Its only when you notice alot of men with orange beards and the yamuka type hats that it feels very different. Also, another point to note, is how in the cities, especially Lahore, the girls are every bit as 'modern' and 'westernised' as the girls in Beverly Hills ; i.e revealing clothes, nightclubbing, drinking etc.

So what I'm trying to tell you is that the Pakistanis in Pakistan vs the Pakistanis in secuar countries such as England dichotomy is exactly the same as the situation regarding Sikhs in Punjab vs Sikhs in secular countries, i.e the ones in the secular counties actually know far more about their religion and practice it so much more, and so much better.

In conclusion then, the very premise of your thread is false.

Actually thats not how it is at all. I've been to Pakistan. Its not like Luton or Bradford etc. Its actually fairly rare to see teenage girls in a hijab and extremely rare to see middle aged ladies in one. In fact, the thing that strikes you most when you visit there is how all the women look exactly the same as they do in Indian Punjab. Its only when you notice alot of men with orange beards and the yamuka type hats that it feels very different. Also, another point to note, is how in the cities, especially Lahore, the girls are every bit as 'modern' and 'westernised' as the girls in Beverly Hills ; i.e revealing clothes, nightclubbing, drinking etc.

So what I'm trying to tell you is that the Pakistanis in Pakistan vs the Pakistanis in secuar countries such as England dichotomy is exactly the same as the situation regarding Sikhs in Punjab vs Sikhs in secular countries, i.e the ones in the secular counties actually know far more about their religion and practice it so much more, and so much better.

In conclusion then, the very premise of your thread is false.

So just because you have seen a few women not wearing Hijabs or going to nightclubs that Pakistan is not governed by Islam? Its an Islamic country. Maybe they dont follow all the laws. But they do on most accounts. The legal system where women are jailed for being raped. and countless other issues. but I guess because you saw that girl in a nightclub Pakistan is a secular country? and everything is rosy.

So just because you have seen a few women not wearing Hijabs or going to nightclubs that Pakistan is not governed by Islam? Its an Islamic country. Maybe they dont follow all the laws. But they do on most accounts. The legal system where women are jailed for being raped. and countless other issues. but I guess because you saw that girl in a nightclub Pakistan is a secular country? and everything is rosy.

I haven't been to a nightclub anywhere ever....either here or Pakistan. I'm talking about facts rather than thoughts. Your thoughts are that people in Pakistan (being a Muslim country) are more religious than Pakistanis in England (a secular country). I'm telling you that the exact opposite is true in exactly the same way that Sikhs in England are generally more religious than Sikhs in our holy land of Punjab. Rather than criticise me why not see this as an opportunity to learn something and change your perception of things.

''How exactly is Islam going around stopping people learning about Sikhism''

Go to a Muslim country like afganistan and ask why Sikhs want to leave. Do you think its because they dont like the weather? or ask Christians in Nigeria. the list goes on. what planet on you living on?

Every religion is being oppressed by Islamic fanatics. I stand by what I said. but if you beg to differ that is your prerogative.

The topic title may be a bit misleading I understand. But my point is that Sikhs or just about every non muslim religion is not doing aswell in Islam is because of the factors I have mentioned above. Hence our leaders cant be blamed entirely. Because Islam has an unfair advantage over other religions.

So a couple of countries = Muslims universally threatening Sikhism? A majority of Sikhs live in India, then followed by the Western countries. From you're use of logic a small minority of humans are hit by a rare genetic disease. Does that suddenly make it a universal problem that we should suddenly stop focusing on more common issues?

Sorry but right now you're you're paying attention to minor problems. So what are you going to do once this Islamic threat is gone? How is it going to help educate Sikhs world wide. The number of actual practicing Sikhs is so minute right now. How do you expect people to deal with these issues when our own leaders are incompetent. Rather than challenging a giant focus on getting help to those Sikhs.

Right now you expect the Sikh nation (let's use an analogy here) while it is headless and armless to go and fight against an Ideology which is currently followed by billions? (for the sake of argument let's use these figures). Our own Heart has been attacked (Guru Granth Sahib Ji) and our so called Head hasn't done anything remotely noteworthy about it.

Getting rid of this "Islamic threat" isn't going to suddenly bless Sikhs world wide with Knowledge of their religion. Well done on scapegoating by the way. Seems like you want to give Makkar and his cohorts the perfect excuse to pin their foolishness on something completely unrelated.

Biggest issue of Sikhism is arguably lack of knowledge. An excuse Western Sikhs (which make up second highest in population of Sikhs after India) do not have. I suppose you could argue something similar for Indian Sikhs but circumstances as im sure you're aware are far from different.