Amritdhari Wedding

waheguru27

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Singh you can fulfil both Religious as well as Social norms.

Consult your parents & fiancé as to what they want.

It is ok to throw a wedding reception just don't serve non-veg & liquor. You can have international cuisines plus mocktails instead.

As for music, hire an orchestra whether western or Indian rather than a DJ.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Thats a really good idea GurbulAkal. Thank youuu! Any suggestion for Gatka Akhara?

That would be lovely too Simran345. Are we allowed music though? Obviously appropriate ones I mean. Correct me if im wrong, but Amritdhari's shouldn't have a first dance and things right?

I didn't think it's normal for an Amritdhari wedding, but my cousin came from abroad to one and she says they had a dj and guests danced. No idea about the first dance though. Thus why I mentioned it. I was surprised to hear this too, but I thought maybe some do. I wouldn't recommend it though. I've seen many weddings where Amritdharis dance, but never been to one.

I didn't think it's normal for an Amritdhari wedding, but my cousin came from abroad to one and she says they had a dj and guests danced. No idea about the first dance though. Thus why I mentioned it. I was surprised to hear this too, but I thought maybe some do. I wouldn't recommend it though. I've seen many weddings where Amritdharis dance, but never been to one.

Since the topic is mentioned, is it really wrong to share a simple dance with your spouse?... Its not like theyre going to start grinding as if in a club.

Since the topic is mentioned, is it really wrong to share a simple dance with your spouse?... Its not like theyre going to start grinding as if in a club.

Sorry I didn't write that clearly, I meant the music, such as patiala peg, etc. I am not one to judge another KhoonkaBadlaKhoon Ji, it's the couples life they should do as they wish. But I would not recommend the dirty cheap songs for an Amritdhari to dance to. It would be lovely for them to celebrate, after all it will be their big day.

You see I have only given my opnion on the type of music, not said they should not do this or that. Amritdharis also have a right to celebrate with their families and friends, that's not for me to tell anybody how in their private lives. I don't think it's wrong to share a dance, it's no paap in my opnion, they will be husband and wife. They are not doing an intimate dance with anybody else. But I can't say for others opinions, as there is going be a difference of opinions.

Also OP, you should discuss with your family ideas, as we on here can only give ideas. The decision is yours and your fiancé's, talk to her and ask her what would she like.

Your soul will tell you, how you should celebrate your wedding and God will assist you. It will all go well don't worry, look forward to your day.

Sorry I didn't write that clearly, I meant the music, such as patiala peg, etc. I am not one to judge another KhoonkaBadlaKhoon Ji, it's the couples life they should do as they wish. But I would not recommend the dirty cheap songs for an Amritdhari to dance to. It would be lovely for them to celebrate, after all it will be their big day.

You see I have only given my opnion on the type of music, not said they should not do this or that. Amritdharis also have a right to celebrate with their families and friends, that's not for me to tell anybody how in their private lives. I don't think it's wrong to share a dance, it's no paap in my opnion, they will be husband and wife. They are not doing an intimate dance with anybody else. But I can't say for others opinions, as there is going be a difference of opinions.

Also OP, you should discuss with your family ideas, as we on here can only give ideas. The decision is yours and your fiancé's, talk to her and ask her what would she like.

Your soul will tell you, how you should celebrate your wedding and God will assist you. It will all go well don't worry, look forward to your day.

No I understood what you meant :) I agree an amritdhari couple shouldnt dance to yo yo honey. You mentioned the first dance, and I just wanted more input. I agree with you completely!

? singhbj singh, sorry bhaji. Im a singhni, but this is all new to me. ? thanks again all for the suggestions. Obviously I wouldn't want to do anything wrong on our day.

Simran345 & KhoonKaBadIaKhoon I guess a first dance isn't wrong if it's done in an appropriate manner. Haha, and i'm not engaged either yet. I was just wondering the options and ways to celebrate an amritdhari wedding with family and friends ? but thank you all again for your suggestions ?? wjkk wjkf

singhbj singh, sorry bhaji. Im a singhni, but this is all new to me. thanks again all for the suggestions. Obviously I wouldn't want to do anything wrong on our day.

Simran345 & KhoonKaBadIaKhoon I guess a first dance isn't wrong if it's done in an appropriate manner. Haha, and i'm not engaged either yet. I was just wondering the options and ways to celebrate an amritdhari wedding with family and friends but thank you all again for your suggestions wjkk wjkf

Hahahahaha and there we were saying ask your fiancée. ?