Meditation to control 5 evils

Mkhalsa

you PANJ PYARE should have taught you how to meditate. If they did not, go to an amrit sanchar and ask them to.

simple as that. panj pyare are our guru, and we are to learn our meditation from our guru, this is true through any religion/sect.

on a side note.. my mom read this thread last night and yelled at me for missing school 3 years ago lol!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Sikhi all we need to meditate on is Naam. Gurbani says this over and over again. All we need to think about it naam. With every breath we should be japping naam. We should read gurbani as much as we can.

Everything else is useless. Gurbani continuously tells us to jap naam and still we walk around like a bunch of idiots going after everything but naam.

You are right MKhalsa Ji, but there is also something called "Universal Truth", which has the potential to take anyone to Sachkhand, regardless of the religion :wub:

And also, lets say there are two individuals walking on the street. One is Sikh and the other follows Mahatma Budh's teachings. Lets say the latter has done more kamaee and is much ahead of the former. So in this situation, there is nothing wrong if a Sikh "listens" to the one who follows Budh. I think according to Mahatma Budh, Nirvana is the highest stage one can get to. And Nirvana is also mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and is very high stage, if not the highest (i am not sure). If someone can find that out, it will be great!

Dear MKhalsa Ji, you are right, again. :wub: as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says,

sarab Dharam meh saraysat Dharam.

har ko naam jap nirmal karam.

Of all religions, the best religion

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

So now the questions is, the audios this thread is talking about talks about this Universal Truth, Naam Simran, which can unite anyone with his/her True Identity, may it be a Sikh, Hindu, Bodhi, or anyone. To further prove this, you can look at the fact that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji contains the bani not only of 6 Guru Sahibans, but also the bhagats belonging to other faiths, which proves that the Universal Truth was the same, independent of a religion, as you can see in Gurbani Tuk above, which uses a word so general that could be applied to any faith or religion that concentrates on Naam Simran.

And now please do not blame me for contradicting Guru Sahib. Isn't it the one who refuses to accept the fact of "Universal Truth", as it is in the Tuk above, contradicting Guru Sahib? rolleyes.gif

A little suggestion: Please take a long breathe and if possible, listen to these audios. Its all about self-discovery (i have listened to 2 traks yet).

Meditation without Naam and bani has no place in Sikhi as far as I know. Guru ji again again tell us to meditate on Naam only and sing glorious praises of lord, Waheguru.

Read Sant Narajan Singh's Ji's book "Divine refelctions on Gurmat" , he talks about waking up at Amrit Vela and OBSERVING, vipassana means to OBSERVE.

My guru ji told me :

amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee vichaar.

Early in the morning, think about (recite) the Greatness of the True Name (“Waheguru,” God). Recite His Name.

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord`s Name.

I dont know what does "observing" means. If it is same as simran or name recitation, then we are in agreement.

I dont know what does "observing" means. If it is same as simran or name recitation, then we are in agreement.

hmmm.... if u remember, in Ardas, we say about our Shaheeds, "jinha ne dekh ne anditth keeta...". what does this mean? It means the ones who observed, but did not react, they saw, but still kept it unseen, overlooked and bare all kind of torture, it could also be applied to the bad thoughts that come in our mind at every moment. I am no one to speak about Naam Simran, but what I have heard is that when you do Naam Simran, you do not react to the "thoughts" that start coming in your mind with you start doing Naam Simran. You just observe when they come and let them go, without reacting. I am not sure if its same as Naam Simran, but it plays an important role in Naam Simran. And on the other side, if you keep reacting to the thoughts, we will never be able to what is called "dhiaan jorna". So Observing, but not reacting is very very very very.......... important and this is what the audios are talking about. Balwinder Singh Ji, please listen to all the tracks before continuing the discussion. I'll do the same :wub:

bhul chuk di khima....

what is wrong with OBSERVING/LISTENING? No one is saying forget about naam simran lets only observe from now on. I'm sure you have heard about the saying that Praying is talking to God and Meditation is listening to God.

There are 4 pauris in Japji Sahib all about Suni-ai.

---------------

suni-ai laagai sahj Dhi-aan.

Listening-intuitively grasp the essence of meditation.

---------------

CHANTINGS: These are essential and particularly so in this Iron age of Darkness (Kali Yuga). But the mistake most Masters make is when, by misinterpreting the Scriptures, they enjoin on their disciples to continuously and unceasingly repeat the holy chants non-stop, during the entire time allocated for worship/meditation. The chantings should be a means to an end and not an end in itself. Best benefits accrue when one begins to receive and to listen as it were, to Divine direction after having glorified His name by the chants, and not continue chanting endlessly constituting a 'one-way-traffic', without pausing in complete humility and surrender to receive His Gift of an Answer. This answer is manifested through the ecstatic and euphoric experiences as detailed in numerous other articles by the author, which constitute real and meaningful meditation. This is why one of the Scriptural terms for Meditation is 'DHIAAN', literally meaning to Listen!

Checkout more of this great article by Bhai Sahib Kirpal Singh Ji:

http://www.world-spiritual-foundation.org/vcm.html

the sound is the most important thing in gurmat. NOT observing. in fact sight isnt so much, its something that would come later with bhagti. until that point you should keep your mind clear and when you do simran or bani you should be HEARING it. it is great to recite, it is great to read, it is great to see, but it is a hundred times greater to hear and allow the vibrations to join yours.

such is the power of our meditation that one can attain high spiritual states in what seems like a short time.

what did guru gobind singh jee say, in his past life he spent thousands of years meditating, yet he acheived the same thing in this life with comparitively no effort.