Tough Mudder

Guest 300

Guest London jwaan
On 31/12/2015 at 5:03 PM, Guest 300 said:
Are we as Sikhs allowed to do Tough Mudder?

Tough Mudder is a series of hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle race - mud run events designed by British Special Forces to challenge the toughest of the tough

Asking as Kakkar will be getting muddy, muddy Dastaar, mud on Kesh and Kirpan etc.

Just wanna make sure no Beadbi is committed before signing up.

I think it's a good thing to do, but afterwards its probably worth going to pesh lol

Considering people here are going to pesh for pretty much eating an extra roti, tough mudder must be a guaranteed reason to pesh ???

2 hours ago, Guest London jwaan said:

I think it's a good thing to do, but afterwards its probably worth going to pesh lol

Considering people here are going to pesh for pretty much eating an extra roti, tough mudder must be a guaranteed reason to pesh ???

reminds me of them brahmins.."oh nos some random Shudra touched me...brb need to have a bath like a bajillion times"

• 3 months later...
Guest S kaur
On 2/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, Guest Kaur said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. I tie a dumalla and have signed up for tough mudder for charity. Should i tie a smaller dastar or tie a bandanna? Female

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. Im doing tough mudder this June. Just wondering what did you opt to tie? Also female 

22 hours ago, Guest S kaur said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. Im doing tough mudder this June. Just wondering what did you opt to tie? Also female 

Hopefully before going on a tough mudder challenge. U done some practice runs. I hope u did some obstacle courses, took swimming classes, ran some miles.

If u did, how were u dressed while doing high intensity workouts? If u wore a dumalla, did it stay in shape and compact? Or did it unravel? 

Use common sense and practice. If youve worked out with a dumallah and ur sure it will stay on, then wear one. If ur not sure, wear wat ur sure will be safe like badanna etc. Make sure to braid ur hair tho!!! Before tying a knot/joorha, braid ur hair and tie it off with rubber band or something. 

If ur head covering, watever it may be, comes off, u dont want ur hair getting in the way. A braid will keep them together, and u dont have to stop to tie a braid as it wont get in ur way much. But loose hair, u have to stop and tie up again to contain them.

If you are going to wear a dumalla, then tie it low and it should be snug.  Just doing standing long jumps will lift a higher dumalla.  Braiding the hair is very good advice.  Use a more sticky material.  This will create more friction and the dumalla will stay on.