Gun Sales Soar As Americans Mass-buy Firearms After Obama Calls For Buying Restrictions

dallysingh101

And yet despite such cutting edge technology the most advanced army in history failed to tame afghans lightly armed with AK47s.

But those are Pathans. Not sure American rednecks would be resilient and stubborn if they were to face the US army

The Americans weren't warring against all Afghans or the country of Afghanistan, but the ideology of a section of the Afghan/Muslim population. The proponents of this ideology were not to be found all together in a single area, they permeated the regular population of Afghanistan and indeed the Muslim world. This is why they were so difficult to beat - simply finding and distinguishing them from ordinary people was extremely difficult, besides which attacking them would entail a great many civilian casualties.

This is why the Americans could and can never hope to defeat fundamentalist Islam. This is a war of ideals. An idea can persist and proliferate even if every single person who holds it at any given time is killed - there will always be someone somewhere who will take up the ideological battle-flag. The same can't be said of waging a war against a race or a people, as was done in the past - when the last one croaks and dies, that's them finished.

You underestimate the Rednecks veerji. The rural Southerners who constituted the Confederate forces during the American Civil War were known for their chivalry and bravery in battle in spite of their overwhelming inferiority in numbers and resources - it was the men of the powerful, industrial North who were found to be lacking in these qualities. Also these rednecks are precisely the people who are most likely to enlist in the US Army - they aren't lacking for courage.

Guest Jacfsing2

I mistakenly thought you had some experiences of red necks from your last post.

I wonder how they perceive Sikhs?

Most people in the south really don't care, (most hate crimes against Sikhs have been reported in the liberal centers and cities such as New York and California), what red necks really don't like is when someone starts acting smart, (or says they are Muslim). Most people have actually mistaken me for one of those orthodox Jews.

I mistakenly thought you had some experiences of red necks from your last post.

I wonder how they perceive Sikhs?

I'm reasonably well acquainted with American history, and I have traveled to that part of the world.

I didn't care to ask them their opinion of me, they seemed unfriendly, although they gave me no trouble. I did find other Southerners to be especially polite and courteous though.

Guest Jacfsing2

What do you mean by that bro?

Do you live in a red neck town? It sounded like it when you said there were lots of guns in your town?

Most red necks aren't very educated. (That's the truth of the statement), lots of people do own guns; however, very few open carry or conceal carry and only bring them for hunting trips. I don't live in a red neck town; however, there are red necks around where I live). But you still don't want to talk like an educated person. Also while I was traveling I noticed some strange sort of hospitality especially compared to non-rural folk, usually will say something along the lines of, "Sir/Madam may I help you with that?" Or something else respectful. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_hospitality (I never understood if they were being fake or if that's really their personality).