The 4 kinds of attitude one can develop, to handle our own mind.

1) Friendliness: Be friendly with people who are happy. If you are not friendly with happy people, you will be jealous. This is because you think that your enemy is happy, and you cannot tolerate your enemy being happy. So, shake hands with happy people. Such an attitude does a lot of good to your mind.

2) Compassion: Do not be friendly with people who are miserable, instead, have compassion for them. If you are friendly with unhappy people you will become unhappy. And if you become unhappy, you can never help them to come out of their misery. 

Many people have gotten into trouble by being friendly with unhappy people; both become miserable. It is like a doctor going to a patient who is sick, and the doctor also becomes sick. If the doctor also thinks, ‘How can I alone be healthy? Let me also share the patient’s misery’, then who will help the patient then?

So, what should be the attitude with people who are miserable? Compassion, not pity.

3) Happiness: For people who are doing good work or who are successful in the world, you should feel happy as though you are doing it.

For example, someone is a good singer, singing and bringing joy to everybody, seeing him you should think, ‘I feel so happy that this person is singing so well, and making everyone happy.’

If someone is a good entertainer and he entertains everybody you should feel happy about it. If someone is a great architect and builds beautiful buildings you should feel happy about it. Whenever someone does a good job, share that happiness with them; we need to have this attitude.

4) Indifference: For people who are doing horrible things in the society, destroying themselves, we usually get angry at them. When you are angry, your mind suffers a huge loss. You lose so much energy, you lose your mood, and your enthusiasm. When energy and enthusiasm goes away from you, you become angry and are no better than the other person. You do not know what you are doing. So, what should you do in such a situation? Have a sort of indifference in your mind.

For example, there are thieves in the world, they are there, what can you do about them? First accept, be indifferent. However, this does not mean you do not take any action. Your mind is indifferent (unaffected), but you act on it.

These are the four attitudes that will help us to save our mind. This is what we need to do, save our mind at all costs.

• Like 2

THE SNAKE AND THE SAW

A snake penetrated into a carpentry workshop.  As it slipped, it passed over a saw and got slightly wounded. Suddenly, it turned and bit the saw, and biting the saw, the snake seriously got wounded in its mouth!

Then not understanding what was happening and thinking that the saw was attacking "him," it decided to roll around the saw to suffocate it with all its body by squeezing it with all its strength, but it ended up being killed by the saw!!!

Sometimes we react in anger to hurt those who have harmed us, but we realize later that after all we are hurting ourselves.

In life it is better sometimes to ignore situations, ignore people, ignore their behavior, their words.

Sometimes it is better not to react so as not to suffer consequences that can sometimes be deadly or harmful.

Do not let hate take over your life because love is stronger than anything.

LAWS OF NATURE 

.... The food we eat, has to be digested and then thrown out of body in 24 hours, else we will fall ill.

.... The water we drink, gets in our body and is thrown out in 4 hours, else we will fall ill.

.... The air we breathe, has to be thrown out in 1 minute, else we will die.

What about negative emotions like hatred, anger, jealousy, insecurity ... we hold in our body for days, months and years.

If these negative emotions are not thrown out regularly it props up into psycho-somatic diseases.

And prayers are safest way to dissolve these emotions.

• Like 2

image.png.71ec98d0b5205bd9bd8eae3564c10716.png

image.png.e7640414d7530e4d9036d5b5915948c8.png

image.png.6edeb60e91dbebe0a7ddaabe33f07fd6.png

image.png.da423d5a03074a20587ffa79a3e4b630.png

image.png.e6b068d878d24b794186ec8117b640f4.png

• Like 2

WHAT MEDITATION CAN DO?

AN OLD FARMER LIVED ON A FARM IN THE MOUNTAINS WITH HIS YOUNG GRANDSON.

EACH MORNING GRANDPA WAS UP EARLY MORNING,
AND SAT FOR MEDITATION.

HIS GRANDSON WANTED TO BE JUST LIKE HIM,
AND TRIED TO IMITATE HIM IN EVERY WAY HE COULD.

ONE DAY THE GRANDSON ASKED- GRANDPA! I TRY TO MEDITATE JUST LIKE YOU,
BUT THOUGHTS DISTURB ME,
AND WHAT I DO UNDERSTAND,
I FORGET AS SOON AS I COME OUT OF MEDITATION.
WHAT GOOD DOES MEDITATION DO?

THE GRANDFATHER QUIETLY TURNED FROM PUTTING COAL IN THE STOVE AND REPLIED- TAKE THIS COAL BASKET DOWN TO THE RIVER AND BRING ME BACK A BASKET OF WATER.

THE BOY DID AS HE WAS TOLD,
BUT ALL THE WATER LEAKED OUT BEFORE HE GOT BACK TO THE HOUSE.

THE GRANDFATHER LAUGHED AND SAID- YOU WILL HAVE TO MOVE A LITTLE FASTER NEXT TIME,
AND SENT HIM BACK TO THE RIVER WITH THE BASKET TO TRY AGAIN.

THIS TIME THE BOY RAN FASTER,
BUT AGAIN THE BASKET WAS EMPTY BEFORE HE RETURNED HOME.

OUT OF BREATH,
HE TOLD HIS GRANDFATHER,
THAT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO CARRY WATER IN A BASKET,
AND HE WENT TO GET A BUCKET INSTEAD.

THE OLD MAN SAID- I DO NOT WANT A BUCKET OF WATER,
I WANT A BASKET OF WATER.
YOU ARE JUST NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH,
AND HE WENT OUT THE DOOR TO WATCH THE BOY TRY AGAIN.
AT THIS POINT,
THE BOY KNEW IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE,
BUT HE WANTED TO SHOW HIS GRANDFATHER THAT EVEN IF HE RAN AS FAST AS HE COULD,
THE WATER WOULD LEAK OUT BEFORE HE GOT BACK TO THE HOUSE.
THE BOY AGAIN DIPPED THE BASKET INTO RIVER AND RAN HARD,
BUT WHEN HE REACHED HIS GRANDFATHER,
THE BASKET WAS AGAIN EMPTY.

OUT OF BREATH,
HE SAID- SEE GRANDPA! IT IS USELESS.

SO YOU THINK IT IS USELESS?
THE OLD MAN SAID- LOOK AT THE BASKET.

THE BOY LOOKED AT THE BASKET,
AND FOR THE FIRST TIME REALIZED THAT THE BASKET WAS DIFFERENT.
IT HAD BEEN TRANSFORMED FROM A DIRTY OLD COAL BASKET TO NOW CLEAN,
INSIDE AND OUT.

SON! THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MEDITATE.
YOU MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND OR REMEMBER EVERYTHING,
BUT WHEN YOU MEDITATE EVERY DAY,
THOUGHTS STARTS TO DIMINISH,
LIKE DIRTY COAL BASKET TRANSFORMED TO CLEAN,
IN SAME WAY YOU TEND TO BE PURE,
YOU WILL BE CHANGED,
INSIDE AND OUT.
THAT IS THE WORK OF MEDITATION IN OUR LIVES.

NEVER GIVE UP SPIRITUAL PRACTICE.

BY DOING SPIRITUAL PRACTICE DAILY,
ALL HEAVINESS AND UNNECESSARY THINGS TEND TO FALL,
AND YOU START FEELING LIGHT.

THIS IS THE INDICATION THAT YOU ARE EVOLVING.

SLOWLY YOU WILL FEEL PEACE AND CALMNESS WITHIN YOU.

INSTEAD OF REACTING,
YOU START RESPONDING.

• Like 3

SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI SAID : "The only spiritual life you need is not to react."

To be calm is the greatest asset in the world. It's the greatest siddhi, the greatest power you can have. If you can only learn to be calm you will solve every problem.

This is something you must remember. When you are perfectly calm, time stops. There is no time, karma stops, samskaras stop. Everything becomes null and void.

For when you are calm you are one with the entire energy of the universe and everything will go well with you. To be calm means you are in control.

You're not worried about the situation, the outcome. What is going to happen tomorrow.

To be calm means everything is alright. There is nothing to worry about, nothing to fret over.

This is also the meaning of the biblical saying, "Be still and know that I am God."

To be calm is to be still. The Only Spiritual Life You Need Is Not To React! 

image.png.d4e8dc4349fadfd501238dd63b484598.png

• Like 2

If you are able to understand it... u will never complain in life....

Souls and Karmic Connections

We have traveled through many lifetimes and lived with many different souls amid family, friends or those who don't really get along with us. 
Some may have even tried to harm us emotionally, physically or spiritually. 
All said and done we all are the same and belong to only one group that is SOULS. 
We all have traveled together in different lifetimes and have shared various relationships with each other such as,

Father-Mother
Husband-Wife
Uncle-Aunt
Brother-Sister
Friends
Neighbours
Servants
Drivers and 
even so-called Enemies.

Each person is a Soul that tries to help the other move forward spiritually and reduce the Karmic baggage.

Sometimes the Soul that loves us the most, might willingly take birth as an enemy or a tormentor in a lifetime, just to help us work out our karma. 
Thus, a person, who we think hates us and we in return hate, 
might be our greatest well-wisher spiritually.

He or She may be responsible for our becoming spiritual or compassionate. 
That very person who is creating hell in our lives may bring us closer to spirituality. In the present lifetime, he/she may be doing so because that could be the only way to teach us a lesson. 

Sometimes, a Soul is reborn just to comfort us and be there in times of need.

So, who is our friend and who is our enemy? 
They all are part of the Soul-Family who wants to help us and want help in return. 
Sometimes an opportunity comes in the form of a Disaster. 
Sometimes, the only way to grow spiritually and in life is through pain, sorrow and turmoil.

That is when Life seems strange.

Hence never form judgments, abuse or hate and never say nasty things about anyone. 
Who knows we may be harming the Soul who loves us the most spiritually but are not able to recognize it as the soul is wearing a different body in this particular lifetime .

You're so hard on yourself.
Take a moment..
Sit back.
Marvel at your life:
at the grief that softened you,
at the heartache that wisened you,
at the suffering that strengthened you.
Despite everything,
you still grow,
Be proud of this.

"Start a new trend. 
Stop saying 'Sorry' instead say 'Thanks'. 
Like in place of 'Sorry 
I am late' say 'Thank you for waiting for me'.  
This will shift the way you think and of yourself and improve your 
relationships with others who get to receive your 'gratitude' instead of 'Negativity'

• Like 2

Mili thi Zindagi

khuda ko raazi karne ke liye...,

Par waqt beet raha hai

kagaz ke tukde kamane k liye...,

kya karoge itna paisa kamakar...?

Na kafan me jeb hai,

na Qabar may Almari...,

aur ye maut ke Farishtey

to rishwat bhi nahi lete...

• Like 2

On Jealousy & Envy

Jealousy is an immature emotion. Adults should have learned better but in many cases they haven't. Jealousy is to consider another person as an object of possession, a person who has no right to make their own choices.

Yes, we all feel the sting of jealousy sometimes and we need to acknowledge and accept the emotion, and then release it as something that is simply not rational nor helpful to us. We need to put ourselves in the other person's shoes and consider whether we would appreciate the lack of trust that a person jealous of us is demonstrating, and their desire to manipulate and control our choices. Probably we wouldn't. And most importantly, we need to spot the fears that underlie our jealous feelings and release them as well.

Envy is to wish one was the other person and is equally immature and unrealistic, but it doesn't have the destructive effects that jealousy has on trust in a relationship - instead it is a lack of trust in oneself. If you believe life 'happens to you' and if you believe you cannot create what you want, then you need to learn how to reverse these beliefs.

Envy can be resolved when you give yourself permission to create the experience, thing or ability that another person has in your own life. Then you can acknowledge, accept and release the feeling of envy.

On Feelings of Hurt & Resentment

Anger that is not expressed and released but instead is held inside, so the hurt is not exposed, can soon turn into resentment and hatred. The feeling of being 'victimized' instead of empowered undermines self-confidence. This kind of pain takes time to heal, unlike anger, which surfaces and passes through us quickly.

After the same hurtful experience is repeated several times, a person may develop a belief system based on resentment. Unless corrected, the person will unconsciously use these beliefs as a self-fulfilling prophecy, and become a person whose primary role in life is 'victim.'

Most people feel hurt when their core beliefs are challenged, especially if it is by someone who refuses to have empathy for their views nor to communicate properly about the issues. The person then feels frustrated and ignored. If he also received incorrect evaluations or invalidations of his way of being, he may also introspect and be left wondering if these observations are really true.

Conquer hurt feelings by acknowledging and facing the hurt, to the point where it can be accepted and then released. Just the act of looking squarely at what has actually happened and what has been hurtful frees you from some of the pain. Handle hurt in this way instead of pretending things are "all OK!"

It is necessary to realize that other people are entitled to have quite different opinions than oneself, and that need not be considered any threat nor invalidation of one's own. Maybe the other person is lacking in sensitivity and the ability to empathize with your views, but that is their problem, not one's own.

You need to identify what are your beliefs and what are the other person's, and clearly separate the two; then accept both views as individual expressions that have every right to be made and to exist.

• Like 2

LETTING GO

When somebody told me that he has failed in his exams, my question is, "Is it a law that you will pass everytime?"

When someone told me that her boyfriend broke up with her, my question is, "Is it a rule that you will have successful relationships everywhere?"

When somebody asked me why am I in depression, my question is, "Is it compulsory to have confidence all the time?"

When someone cried to me about his huge business loss due to his wrong decision, my question is, "Is it possible that you take all right decisions?"

The fact is our expectation that life has to be perfect/permanent is the biggest reason of our unhappiness.

One has to understand the law of impermanence of nature.

After each sunny day, there has to be a dark night, after each birth there have to be certain deaths, for the full moon to come again it has to pass through no moon. In this imperfection of nature, there is perfection.

So stop taking your failures and bad part of your life soooo personally or intensely, even God does not like to give you pain but its the cycle through which you have to pass. Prepare yourself for one more fight after each fall because even failures cannot be permanent! ! !

Enjoy life. . .

Your breath comes to go.
Your thoughts come to go.
Your words come to go.
Your actions come to go.
Your feelings come to go.
Your illnesses come to go.
Your phases come to go.
Your seasons come to go.
You have come to go.

Then why do you hold on to your guilt, anger, unforgiveness, hatred so so so tightly, when it too has come to go. . .

Let it go. .

• Like 2