Sign in to follow this  
DiscoverSikhism

Historic Sikh Gurdwaras

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

Sangat Ji,

For the benefit of the Sangat we have provided one of the largest and most comprehensive archives on Historic Sikh Gurdwaras.

The main idea behind the Historic Sikh Gurdwara section is to raise awareness and provide information about the historic gurdwaras, locations and stories associated with the Sikh Guru's (Guru Sahibhan) and other historic Sikhs (during the period of the Sikh Guru's).

There are maps, route planners and lots of pictures.

• Like 3

Amazing. Tremendous hard work and great sewa.

• Like 1

Amazing. Tremendous hard work and great sewa.

Thank you for your kind words. This has all been due to Waheguru's Kirpa.

Dunno about anyone else the original link above does not work for me, seems to contain two entries for http try:

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_gurdwaras/gurdwaras.html

Thank you for correcting the link.

The research of Gurdwaras has been really good. One small example, imagine discovering a Gurdwara (in Punjab) and finding that it contains the 'Chola' that Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji wore when being released from Gwalior with 52 Rajas (which includes the 'Kalian'). The Gurdwara is only 4km from Gurdwara Rara Sahib.

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words. This has all been due to Waheguru's Kirpa.

Thank you for correcting the link.

The research of Gurdwaras has been really good. One small example, imagine discovering a Gurdwara (in Punjab) and finding that it contains the 'Chola' that Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji wore when being released from Gwalior with 52 Rajas (which includes the 'Kalian'). The Gurdwara is only 4km from Gurdwara Rara Sahib.

Singh Ji,

The whole site is a blessing from Maharaj and the effort that has gone into it is immense and much required. This recent uprala is more necessary than ever due to powers that have let our historical asthaans go to waste. I've been fortunate to visit this Gurdwara Sahib in 2003, the size of the chola is an eye opener and gives one an idea of how tall Guru Sahib was.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Funny thing is it's true, yet as I've mentioned on previous occasions, it's trying to guide someone onto that path when they aren't ready to make that leap of faith. The Christian tries to bridge that gap by being personable, relatable, and sympathetic (whether it's genuine care or a ploy for the purposes of recruitment is debatable), understanding that for the vast majority of people with issues, the afflicted just want to unburden themselves and be heard before even thinking about making that next step to actively responding to the problems plaguing them. There's no to very little of this approach in our community, because we generally lack those traits in our demeanour as a people (although the younger generations are better in this respect), and this attitude seems to be even more significant in religious circles, which is madness because of all the areas where compassion and understanding should be in evidence, the spiritually floundering or just the generally forlorn and disenfranchised should be made to feel they're being listened to, not dismissed with a course of treatment that's abstract at best.
    • I think showing vulnerability can be problematic because it is seen as a weakness.  Showing vulnerability is a largely a female trait because women emote more as it is part of their make up. It does not work the same for men because we tend to prioritise being rational and our nature is to solve problems.  But if you need help there are people that can help you.
    • I totally agree with above quote.   There is nothing wrong with the program listed. It is normal to see Amrit sanchar programs in various jathabandis. Using same argument method, tomorrow Someone will be saying.. it is not ok for taksal jathabandi to stamp on santhiyaa programs.    Rather than finding mistakes in any jathbandees, we need to work together for panth’s benefits despite of having few differences. 
    • Dharam seems like more of a verb to me. Like truth in action.  It's one thing to believe exercise makes you fit it's another thing to actually train and get the benefit. 
    • well I wouldn't know. Nor am I amritdhari nor am I married. But I would expect that love and lust are two different things even when it comes to physical human relationship. Right? Or maybe both persons in relationship have to be at a high level to differentiate between lust and love and act accordingly.?  and if we are on this topic,  is it not lust to use a natural mechanism, that is meant for procreation, to get the pleasure, and at the end simply pull out (sorry for being explicit). Is there a difference between making love and fu**ing? 

Important Information

Terms of Use