Do They Blacken Face/tie Your Hands At Amrit Sanchar In Sangat?

Guest Worried Singh

Guest Worried Singh

VJKK VJKF,

I have herd dat if you committ bujjer kureit, they black ur face (how and what?) then they tie ur hands up infront of sangat?

Does this happen in UK or just India?

thanks....

Guest Akal warrior

That has never happened anywhere in the world, and never will. Perhaps you had a dream where someone told you this, and you thought it was real life? (because I can't imagine anyone making up something like this)

Guest Scare

I have heard that in old times, nihung singh do something very hard on who drink alcohol with his kakaars on.

They tie the guy to the kikkar,tree with only kashera on body, then massage the guy with jaggery all over the body

Nd leave him there so that big ants and insects can feed on him

(Never seen but people used to say this)

I read somewhere Akali phula singh administered punishment to Maharaja Ranjit Singh to be whipped for breaking some rehat. This is old time punjab we are talking about when times were different. A lot more deeper pain was endured. However I remember reading a line recently in SGGS which states that your face will be blackened, when doing wrong - at the end of your days by the jum. Will post it here when i find it again.

I doubt it though that these things can ever happen at amrit sanchaar - just a rumour floating around I suppose.

Guest Singh123

^ he was not actually whipped. But sangat were upset that raja Ranjit Singh married a Muslim dancer. Raja Ranjit Singh accepted the punishment but the sangat forgave him without the need to actually whip him.

Interesting.

Guest Venerable

I disagree with all of you. Unfortunately the venerable like myself this happened in 1994. I have learned one thing There is a mirror facing the Punj Piaras. What happened in the future to their children only the Great Lord Knows. I was frustrated depressed because I was refusing to marry someone and in order to show pain or hide I went to hookers. I regretted that I went felt guilty because of me being a tabla player I was given this punishment. I respected this punishment but then heard so many thing of those very extreme Panj Piaras are now in shambles because they needed to put their heads down because of the actions of their children.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Yes it has happened and is typically reserved for severe crimes or repeat offenders. You realize that the Khalsa is an army right? That being said, I believe it will take some doing on the Kurehit front to get this punishment awarded. But Guru Sahib knows best. Also, Nihangs assigning punishment to internal violators of code:

- 36:10 onwards.