How to keep the mind present?

Guest Singh

Vaheguru Ji,

How do I keep my mind focused on the bani I am reading? I have tried recording out load. keeping my eyes focused on the akhars also tried focusing on the sound of the bani being recited but mind still wanders! What can I do to keep my mind stable?

Also, if Sangat can give tips on keeping amritvela. I have slacked for a few days and don't want to keep slacking. I need some tips to keep it strict. I usually sleep late (around 11) but it is because I have another commitment until 11 so that makes it tough to sleep earlier.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Vaheguru Ji,

How do I keep my mind focused on the bani I am reading? I have tried recording out load. keeping my eyes focused on the akhars also tried focusing on the sound of the bani being recited but mind still wanders! What can I do to keep my mind stable?

Also, if Sangat can give tips on keeping amritvela. I have slacked for a few days and don't want to keep slacking. I need some tips to keep it strict. I usually sleep late (around 11) but it is because I have another commitment until 11 so that makes it tough to sleep earlier.

Thanks

That's the hardest bit, to control the mind. 

Only with Waheguru's Grace and blessings it will happen. 

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Vaheguru Ji,

Thanks

Gur-prassad and more Gur-prassad. Do Ardas for both things.

55 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Gur-prassad and more Gur-prassad. Do Ardas for both things.

Verily True

58 minutes ago, simran345 said:

That's the hardest bit, to control the mind. 

Only with Waheguru's Grace and blessings it will happen. 

Agreed totaly.

As both,  my sister and brother have said  above, it is all upon His Grace or Gurparsad; but we should always keep in mind, we as pauppers, can evoke that His Grace.

And His Grace, is not evoked by mere words, nor any outer rituals, be them of any types, but, only by doing His real bhakti, which is none other than the Simran of His paviter Naam.

And this anyone can do, man, woman, young, old... one has not be of any particular class; but only purity of mind, and intense love for His Lotus Feet is required.

At first, it may seem as hard  as chewing iron, but with practice and regularity, we start getting the "rus" of that  true Amrit, none other than His Divine Name or Naam.

This is the only weapon, which if used accordingly, can defeat the mind.

Why?

Because, it is the only reality beyond the mental spheres, from Dhur Dhaam, all other methods are under the laws established by this very mind.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 2 weeks later...

Try concentrating on the meanings of bani...try to understand wat ur reading/saying. .if dont know meanings n cant understand panjabi then try to read english translations. If dont have time to read gurbani and its english translations do 1 pauri everyday with meanings. Then try to match the meaning with the gurbani words. That way over time u will learn meanings of gurbani words like ਭਾਉ mens love then, gurbani will make sense and u can understand it while u read it.

Also try to get  santhiya

Also giani kulwant was saying to stay focused, do path faster n faster until u have to really concentrate to say it and hear it.

Also u know how one part of mind is reading bani n the other is thinking thoughts. Make the other part of ur mind think waheguru simran.so u will doing simran with gurbani. to learn more abt this google gurmatbibek and simran with gurbani