Moving away from London

Big_Tera

Having lived in London for most of my life. I was thinking of moving far away to a smaller town. I just feel that London is not a great place to live anymore. To many foreigners, highly congested, stressfull and a rat race. It feels like we are under to much pressure to to compete with each other.  Im originally from a small town and it feels much better when I go back. Nice and peacefull away from the hustle and bustle, more greenery and countryside and relaxed atmosphere. Alot less foreigners, lower crime rates ect.

Anyone got any views about relocating? 

Guest Jacfsing2

You could've done a simple google search, also how do you know the foreigners won't follow you? There's hundereds of nice rural places around the world, even in just somewhere like England.

8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Having lived in London for most of my life. I was thinking of moving far away to a smaller town. I just feel that London is not a great place to live anymore. To many foreigners, highly congested, stressfull and a rat race. It feels like we are under to much pressure to to compete with each other.  Im originally from a small town and it feels much better when I go back. Nice and peacefull away from the hustle and bustle, more greenery and countryside and relaxed atmosphere. Alot less foreigners, lower crime rates ect.

Anyone got any views about relocating? 

There's no better place to live then Home.

Fact is one has to go where his job takes him.

http://beta.igurbani.com/shabad/2498?verseId=28375

(In above verse Kirat simply means job)

Rather than moving, take frequent breaks away from London.

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

You could've done a simple google search, also how do you know the foreigners won't follow you? There's hundereds of nice rural places around the world, even in just somewhere like England.

Foreigners are attracted by the the jobs particulalry the factory jobs or black market jobs. Hence these are mostly found in the big cities. generally most people are attracted to London when they come to the uk. As they see it as a land of opportunity. That is what I am after. Rurual location away from the concrete jungle that is london. A place that has more privacy and your not constantly surrounded by thousands of people everywhere you go.

Also the further out of london you go the more the demographic is white. People are more laid back. Not like london which is overcrowded and polluted ect.

Guest Jacfsing2
49 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Foreigners are attracted by the the jobs particulalry the factory jobs or black market jobs. Hence these are mostly found in the big cities. generally most people are attracted to London when they come to the uk. As they see it as a land of opportunity. That is what I am after. Rurual location away from the concrete jungle that is london. A place that has more privacy and your not constantly surrounded by thousands of people everywhere you go.

Also the further out of london you go the more the demographic is white. People are more laid back. Not like london which is overcrowded and polluted ect.

Have you thought about Scotland? From limited knowledge, they seem to be more rural there than England, (of course in America most of our land is rural; and it's all spread about).

3 hours ago, S4NGH said:

"Too many foreigners" ? oh how I love a coconut

something my kid bro and his missus said before moving out of hounslow west down the road to richmond postcode in one of those villages which have been engulfed London's growth. You run to Scotland and you'll find that particular type of foreigner in droves unless you escape to the Highlands. We are thinking about moving out of London in a couple of years too but more towards the coast and go the B&B , holiday let route to free up time to do other things than just work eat sleep and repeat

London is very messed up place for a family person I definitely wouldn't want to raise children in London , so many bad and confusing external influences make it very hard to instill a sense of identity.

Not mention the general rat race and run around busyness of London life which gives very little time for working parents to spend with their kids.

The likelihood of raising "cocunut" kids with no culture or identity us much higher in London than other parts of the UK. 

2 hours ago, Cisco_Singh said:

London is very messed up place for a family person I definitely wouldn't want to raise children in London , so many bad and confusing external influences make it very hard to instill a sense of identity.

Not mention the general rat race and run around busyness of London life which gives very little time for working parents to spend with their kids.

The likelihood of raising "cocunut" kids with no culture or identity us much higher in London than other parts of the UK. 

You have plenty coconuts out of Punjab funnyily enough