Whats the importance of sarabloh?

Sat Sri Akal:

Specifically, Guru Sahib instructed the Sikhs to wear Sarbloh Karas. I personally have not found any instructions as per Sarbloh Kirpans or Sarbloh Bibek, but the Nihangs have a long standing tradition of Sarbloh Bibek.

Perhaps other members of the Sangat can add evidence or views to this topic.

i know on purataan times, Sikhs were Sarbloh bibek because as they were fighting jangs, they would need clean stuff to eat their food on. Sarbloh can be cleaned with just sand, and sarbloh dishes also add some iron to your food too i think.

In modern times, being sarbloh bibek can be disputed, but it made sense in purataan times to do it

A sarbloh fara gives iron to ur body by running against ur arm all day

I have no clue on the need for sarbloh kripans

Sarbloh bibek is a Khalsa rehit. The argument that it was easy to clean etc. and thats why people used it is wrong because there were many other metals available like brass, copper etc. that could have been used and were even easier to clean.

Sarbloh, strictly speaking, is carbon steel. Carbon steel cannot be poured into shapes, it needs to be beaten. Cast iron has a bit more carbon and can be poured into shapes. Both are generally considered acceptable for use by bibekis, since both rust and give off iron into the cooking.

• 3 weeks later...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

from what i hear about sarbloh bibeki is that back in the dayz of the Gurus, they were alwayz fighting in wars n stuff... and since the enemy could not physically come kill the Guru and his followers they tried other means to get rid of them... the easiest way to kill an enemy without approaching them is to poison their food... Guru Jee instructed his AMRITDHARI sikh to prepare karah parshad.... 'cause we know his AMRITDHARI sikh isn't going to do nethin... as well.. if it WAS poisoned by chance, when u put a sarbloh kirpan through the parshad, it would turn a diff colour so they would know somebody did something to it..

back in the day it only made sense to be sarbloh bibeki...

btw.. this is only from what i hear.. but seems to make sense to me..

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!