Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Youtube - How to create a new Sikh Channel

Hi all. Advice neded from people in the know how.

I would like to create a new Sikh youtube channel where I will post videos about Sikhi. Ie educational videos and info about Sikhi. 

It will also include videos I create myself to directly upload. 

Is there any special software You would reccomend. Such as a video editor. Do I need to purchase these or are these free. 

I remember uploading a video last time which took a very long time to do. This was created by a windows movie maker. programme I dont think is available anymore. This was a free software. 

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Know what you're going to be talking about for a start. You can't be putting out erroneous information whilst supposing to speak on behalf of Sikhs. You've got to know your mind and your beliefs from top to bottom. There's no point in regurgitating what you think you've heard others say or write. 

Well I will give it my best attempt. I will go by the what reaction I get from the public. If my videos are liked and I get a positive responce then I will continue. If I get a negative responce and my videos become un popular I can always delete them and not continue with the channel. 

My Channel will be a perspective of Sikhi from everday Sikh person and what our beliefs are.It will also include my reaction to events around the world. I dont think theres many Sikh channels out there from British born people.

I am not there to promote any agendas or create contoversy ect. But as I said will go by the publics responce and let them judge. 

Edited by Big_Tera

If I were you, I'd keep it a cultural and social thing. When you start speaking about the Sikh faith on a platform like YouTube, you will be promoting an agenda and creating controversy whether you're aware of it or not.

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Well I will give it my best attempt. I will go by the what reaction I get from the public. If my videos are liked and I get a positive responce then I will continue. If I get a negative responce and my videos become un popular I can always delete them and not continue with the channel. 

My Channel will be a perspective of Sikhi from everday Sikh person and what our beliefs are.It will also include my reaction to events around the world. I dont think theres many Sikh channels out there from British born people.

I am not there to promote any agendas or create contoversy ect. But as I said will go by the publics responce and let them judge. 

If I were you, I'd probably start a personal channel, with Sikhi as just a component of the channel, with the center being you. The only reason I say this is because if you screw-up and become controversial, (because our people like making controversies out of nothing), then at least you can claim that your "secular". But if you were basing it on how popular you are going to be, or whether your videos will be liked, I would like to say this is not a path for you, every type of video will have dislikes on YouTube. These include religious videos, arts, music, documentaries, political commentary, sports, self-empowerment, reaction videos, and even videos of people doing the random stuff that you can't even imagine. All of these videos have been disliked, and if you want your videos online publicly, you must accept that it will happen.