Sign in to follow this  

Mom not letting me take amrit

The usual story, she thinks im not ready

I've looked for an amrit sanchar for the past 2-3 months and Guru Ji helped me find one

What do i do 

How old are you? If you're under 18, it'll be harder to argue and you might be better off waiting until you're older. If you're over 18, then there's nothing really she can do except throw you out. 

What you really need to do is find out why she doesn't think you're ready. 

13 minutes ago, Wicked Warrior said:

How old are you? If you're under 18, it'll be harder to argue and you might be better off waiting until you're older. If you're over 18, then there's nothing really she can do except throw you out. 

What you really need to do is find out why she doesn't think you're ready. 

I don't want any of that nonsense "oh you are too young" etc etc

And why wait till I am older? I am doing perfectly fine now

1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

The usual story, she thinks im not ready

I've looked for an amrit sanchar for the past 2-3 months and Guru Ji helped me find one

What do i do 

If you feel your ready, your ready. Tell your mom if you mess up it's on you, tell her to put some trust in you.

Just now, SoulSingh said:

If you feel your ready, your ready. Tell your mom if you mess up it's on you, tell her to put some trust in you.

Good idea

I told her some stories on my side about how amrit saves peoples live's.

Singh don't worry your mum will have trust do Ardaas and don't argue do your nitnem and when you are ready for amrit nobody will stop you and guru Jee will be with you all the way. Don't worry your mum will trust you. You will be fine. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2017 at 8:55 PM, Damdamitaksaal84 said:

Singh don't worry your mum will have trust do Ardaas and don't argue do your nitnem and when you are ready for amrit nobody will stop you and guru Jee will be with you all the way. Don't worry your mum will trust you. You will be fine. 

VJKK VJKF

Do a hukamnama. If Maharaj says you're ready, then it doesn't matter what the world says... chak de fatteh. If not then just carry on strengthening your sikhi until Maharaj says yes. Hope that helps Ji. 

Vaheguru Ji.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Singh2017 said:

VJKK VJKF

Do a hukamnama. If Maharaj says you're ready, then it doesn't matter what the world says... chak de fatteh. If not then just carry on strengthening your sikhi until Maharaj says yes. Hope that helps Ji. 

Vaheguru Ji.

You do know that she let's me take it now right?

Just now, monatosingh said:

You do know that she let's me take it now right?

VJKK VJKF 

No Ji. I didn't know that (Maharaj kirpa that's great tho)... but taking a hukamnama is universal for any situation no matter what the world says. Everyone might be saying yes do it but Maharaj truly knows what's around the corner and so you could try and take a hukamnama if you want to. If not, it's up to you you don't have to. 

Vaheguru Ji. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NonExistant said:

Lol you should have just escaped out of the house, run to the gurdwara and taken it in secret.

What??
My amrit sanchar is this Saturday!!!
It's not like its already happened

55 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

What??
My amrit sanchar is this Saturday!!!
It's not like its already happened

Oh ok.

Please make sure you take Khanda de Pahul from Singhs that keep proper bana rehit, and Singhs that try to keep shastar rehit and are respectful of Guru Gobind Singh's banis and rehitnamas as well.

There are too many pakhandis and cultists carrying out Pahul ceremonies, since last century, so please be careful.

1 minute ago, ipledgeblue said:

Please make sure you take Khanda de Pahul from Singhs that keep proper bana rehit, and Singhs that try to keep shastar rehit and are respectful of Guru Gobind Singh's banis and rehitnamas as well.

There are too many pakhandis and cultists carrying out Pahul ceremonies, since last century, so please be careful.

WJKK WJKF

I agree. My cousin's cousin took amrit from Anandpur sahib. It is said that if the Panj Pyare are not rehatdhari and amritdhari themselves then the amrit is not 100% complete. It is very vital.

He later took amrit here in the UK and only then he felt bliss.

WJKK WJKF